« new time.com video :: respect | Main | douglad coupland rips off the earth sandwhich »

September 24, 2009

new time vid :: tea party

for a larger version click here

This may be your best so far. Keep bringin' the funny.

Posted by: Rubrick at September 24, 2009 4:23 PM

It's good, but where are the duckies?

Posted by: woulfe at September 24, 2009 6:21 PM

"excellent" (in the voice of Montgomery Burns).

Plus you sang and danced! *awesomeness*

best quote ever started around 1'20"

Posted by: gypsy sister at September 24, 2009 9:04 PM

"Show us your tag!"

Classic.

Posted by: Airport Whiskey at September 24, 2009 9:18 PM

Loved the style of the video, including the song (brief as it was).

Posted by: Michael at September 24, 2009 10:49 PM

What a FRUSTRATING video player. It's stuttering/pausing and because it seemingly doesn't cache or preload, there's no way around it. Can this video be seen anywhere with a decent video player?

Posted by: Jay at September 24, 2009 11:43 PM

I'm eagerly awaiting the full-length video for Top Down Bottom Up. I bet with that one you could get Kanye to interrupt your own VMA acceptance speech next year.

Posted by: starstuff at September 24, 2009 11:58 PM

I want to see a full-length vid of "Top-down, bottom-up".

-c

P.S. It's not a diaper, it's a bladder control mitigation product, and my mom says it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Posted by: ccd at September 25, 2009 7:09 AM

Best Time vid so far. Keep 'em coming.

I miss the messy bedhead from the Show.

Posted by: Alden at September 25, 2009 8:24 AM

Big Bear!!!! (I live with one of those...)

That was awesome. Pretty soon we'll have full-blown 'Show's again :D Probably sans booty, though. ;)

Yeah - I agree with the comments about the video player. It took me about 3 of these to figure out that I have to press that little 'pause' button at the bottom left and then 'play' to get that giant great red play button to disappear from the middle of the screen. It was getting in the way of my beeping your nose. So ANNOYING! :P
*hugs*

Posted by: Marianne at September 25, 2009 2:16 PM

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVED it!

I'd buy Top Down Bottom Up from i-tunes if it was for sale there.

Great piece Ze.

Posted by: JohnPost at September 25, 2009 2:17 PM

*wondering why Ze has child sized tea party settings, complete with dollies, dollhouses and stuffed animals*

Ze, when did you become a daddy?

...and why do the wrinkles in your brow and forehead look like the symbol for pi? or is that a pagoda?

Posted by: gifa at September 25, 2009 2:47 PM

I think this one was the best yet. Very well said and super funny.

Posted by: Dan at September 25, 2009 10:05 PM

Man, that was like the good old days of The Show.

Posted by: EDS at September 25, 2009 11:13 PM

Photoshopped?? Photoshopped over and over again?!?

Ze I am having a problem. Your blog reminds me of my one true love and I don't want to look at her anymore so why would I look at you?

It's all relative. I mean... I don't know very much, but at least I'm willing to admit it.

My twitter is boring...

Posted by: David Deseran at September 26, 2009 1:44 AM

I have a protest-related story:
This year on tax day my mom and I had to go to the art store, but to get there we had to drive down a street that was clogged by those teabag protesters. Our our way back, my mom and I decided to read the signs aloud, just for fun, while we rolled our eyes at how ridiculous the signs were. So amongst all these Obama-is-killing-us-all posters was a twenty-something girl grinning ear to ear and holding a sign that said "I love titties!"
I wish I'd had my camera. it was the best thing I'd ever seen.

Anyway, your videos are mega-awesome and this one is no exception. Keep up the good work.

Posted by: Skippy Kay Jay at September 27, 2009 9:53 PM

i almost swore you invited the bobo twins to that tea party.

Posted by: j.w. at September 28, 2009 12:43 AM

It's good to see -you- again. =)
In a non-creepy, non-patronizing way... I feel proud of you, Sir Ze.
I admire this. I admire you.

Posted by: AlexBTetra at September 28, 2009 6:09 AM

Classic Ze! Keep up the great work Mr. Frank, people like me (dummies) need people like you (smarty-pantses) to help us to understand what's going down. Ciao!

Posted by: Mike Devlin at September 28, 2009 6:53 AM

Top form, sir. Top form.

Posted by: jordan at September 28, 2009 4:28 PM

You wear diapers.

(Not really, I just wanted to see if you can do italics in comments or not.)

Posted by: nobodyspecial at September 28, 2009 8:02 PM

Yay! Between "tea party" and "respect," this feels wonderfully like a resurgence of the show. And I really really enjoyed the far-too-brief "top down/bottom up" song. (With dance moves!!)

Posted by: Kimmyesque at September 28, 2009 10:33 PM

I can't get the video to play the whole way through. So sad.

Posted by: Nicole at September 29, 2009 1:18 PM

Ze,

There is only one way to say this, but I'm sure you will understand.

After these past few years, it makes me feel at home again to see you being you.

-Eric

Posted by: Eric at September 30, 2009 10:48 PM

"you lie!"

Posted by: matt at October 9, 2009 3:14 PM

Ze -

Here is the link of Director / Writer Kevin Smith explaining how he went to the protest of his own movie, Dogma.

So on point to what you are saying.

Bottom UP!