« from the "out of hand (cellphone) film festival" | Main | time vid :: on the nobel peace prize »

October 1, 2009

new time vid :: diplomacy

Top notch. I dont know what happened in the last one with the lighting and the different facial tones, but glad to see it got fixed. Great to see you can have fun with high-brow stuff as well, I hope Time is loving it too.

Keep up the Ze style!

Posted by: Darin at October 1, 2009 1:39 PM

Ahhh! Me want to smash Time video player!

Posted by: jordan at October 1, 2009 1:46 PM

Ze, another home run. Your Mojo is back.

Could you finish up top down and bottom up for your show fans? Put it up on itunes or let us pay to download it from your site. I had a CD of all of your songs from the show that I used to play in my car on my way to work. My kid would sing along on his way to school.

Posted by: John Post at October 1, 2009 6:11 PM

Welcome back Ze. Life was boring without you. I am the weird old lady with 6 indoor cats. Not married, did you already guess. I missed you and am so glad you returned to us! Cheers, don't disappear again!

Posted by: Catharine London at October 1, 2009 7:59 PM

I see Claude Rains and Alec Guinness sipping Arabian coffee, with plenty of winking and I say old chap would you pass the Turkish Delight...

Posted by: nader at October 1, 2009 9:04 PM

"Aha, we caught you!"

Your little frames in the background are off-tilt, and I just noticed that your bookcase changes according to the topic that you are handling for the video. Very small effects, but it really affects the subconscious! Good mind-molding, to say the least.

Posted by: Jeff at October 1, 2009 11:43 PM

Well you've finally done it for me. Your videos always seem to sum up how I feel about things anyway but this one is a little different. You tend to suggest at least decent ideas to resolve whatever you speak of but in this video you come up a bit empty handed. Thats good, it's not an easy issue and it has driven me to seek out quite a bit more information so I can be a little more involved. Keep doing what you do to eventually get everyone more involved. It's the only way we can really get the good done.

Posted by: Teppin White at October 2, 2009 12:06 AM

nice... you're a master

Posted by: Robert Anderson at October 2, 2009 1:25 AM

i think i dropped a nut on the 'dropping missile defense program' quote laughing so far.

obama as the antichrist could have also use a wink ;-)

Posted by: doug hausladen at October 2, 2009 3:46 AM

Ze,

I think you are hitting your stride with That Makes Me Think of.

These last two episodes were wonderful. Keep up the good work.

Posted by: Bobby at October 2, 2009 5:08 AM

You always make me grin (and think) Ze....Thanks.

Posted by: Amber at October 2, 2009 10:02 AM

Loved the script! And the usual top notch editing. kudos.

With winks like those, you should consider running for President(Or get a VP nomination, lose, quit your day job, write a book- 'Going Ducky:A Sportsracin Life', and THEN run for President).

Posted by: Dil Dil H at October 3, 2009 12:24 AM

fyi updates (not for posting))

one of 2 :

2 :

ps than you Ze for reminding everyone what it meansfor a man to wear a bow tie ; )

Posted by: Lyn at October 4, 2009 5:28 PM

brilliant as always! I hope TIME is sponsoring a lot of duckies!

Posted by: chica toxica at October 4, 2009 9:14 PM

There's an old saying about politics and sausage...

Posted by: Curtis at October 5, 2009 8:05 AM

Genius. I love your videos. Your Tea Party was recently featured on Digg and that's how I found you. Keep up the great work!

Posted by: Paul at October 5, 2009 10:22 PM

The art of diplomacy is letting the other have your way. That's priceless. It's not about winning. It's about letting the other guy think they won. Where can I send these diplomat care packages? You are awesome.

Posted by: Andrew at October 6, 2009 4:50 PM

Ze, your TIME videos just keep getting more and more awesome. :)

Posted by: Leila at October 6, 2009 7:54 PM

Wonderful! No one I've read yet has presented the conflict this way, and no one else could present it so entertainingly.

Posted by: NuclearNerd at October 6, 2009 11:24 PM

Well covered. It does remind me of two things: the confusion I felt during cold war news and how teens talk to each other about whatever the current drama is. I realize this is more serious drama, and that is why I am glad to see it delivered with humor. Thank you.

Posted by: boo at October 8, 2009 7:37 PM

Good to see you vlogging again. I missed your voice.

Posted by: Michael Mayhew at October 9, 2009 3:17 AM

Keep up the great work Ze, your videos rock.

Posted by: dan at October 11, 2009 11:15 AM

Dammit, Ze, stop making sense!

Posted by: Michael W at October 13, 2009 1:12 AM

How, I've missed that Ze style wit

Posted by: Rex at October 18, 2009 3:18 PM

Oh the mullahs probably do like their caviar, but since some of the worlds finest is produced in - wait for it - Iran, it doesn't present much of a problem, even if they are embargoed.

Posted by: Martin at November 2, 2009 1:26 PM

I don't laugh out loud at most web content, but when you pulled the "You know how all those republicans think I'm the antichrist? Well I am...... No, not really... "

Great stuff. Thanks...

Posted by: Kevin Swan at December 14, 2009 2:17 PM

I do so love to watch you talk!

Posted by: Chimène at December 19, 2009 9:05 PM