« vocoders now officially connect everything to everything... | Main | rodney mullen - two videos :: one from 1984, and some more recent footage »

December 3, 2009

challenge #2 :: help a charity win $20K!

What I find most fascinating here is not actually your project, but your method of advertising. It's interactive, it's inviting, it's fun, and it represents some of what I loved most about The Show. I would say something horrible about you "selling out" but honestly I think this is how a lot of advertising should be. While I wish the show was back, this will have to do.

Posted by: Alex at December 6, 2009 2:36 PM

Hum... Crossing over to the dark side are you Ze ? ;-)

(from ze : i don't know - does this feel like the dark side to you?)

Posted by: johnyboy at December 7, 2009 1:23 PM

Geez. Lay off Ze, kids. There's no special nobility in working for no pay (as in spending a whole year making The Show for you ingrates). No, this is not dark side stuff. I think it's fun. When was the last time something like this was interactive and fun--and for CHARITY.

Posted by: Rosa at December 7, 2009 6:08 PM

I was a little put off by the first challenge -- not because I thought you were "selling out" but because I didn't see a whole lot of appeal in the shadow alphabet thing (personal opinion). I thought that maybe the Samsung deal had you going through the motions of setting up crowd-sourced art projects but was stifling your creativity. This challenge feels much more open-ended and fun. I might participate if I find any good colors.

Posted by: mrib at December 8, 2009 12:48 AM

Nothing wrong with calling this what it is. Ze deserves to make money. It's still sad to see Ze pimp phones.

Posted by: johnbai at December 8, 2009 1:33 PM

as one of your older (age and duration) "fan girls" i say: "yay you!"

awesome to combine what you do best with charity.

wishing you every success.

Posted by: ingrid at December 9, 2009 7:20 PM

It seems like a perfectly fun challenge, but seriously, you're way better than this.. Becoming a spokesperson for some company, if only temporarily, seems to serve no purpose beyond generating some money and maybe I'm wrong but you're sooo f'ing talented that surely there's greener grass out there somewhere. That thing for Time, that's pretty amazing, right? I don't intend to be annoying, it's just that I feel pretty strongly about it and I think you're awesome. Wear some protective gear if you plan on getting this close to the sun again some day. gl

(From Ze: Personally I view this as an attempt to make advertising what I wish it was)

Posted by: dumlop at December 15, 2009 9:16 AM