« Sussex Safer Roads Partnership (SSRP) | Embrace Life | Main | places to go :: pigeon on a subway »

February 4, 2010

pain_pack featured in UK's metro!

link to image :: they chose a very creepy pic of me...maybe because I'm a VAMPIRE!

Haha, awesome. You look like a crazy person in that picture. It's very Hard Copy: "He CLAIMS his name is Ze, but we've uncovered SECRET DOCUMENTS proving his REAL name is actually HOSEA."

Posted by: Catherine Winters at February 5, 2010 2:52 AM

Wow! That's a side of you we've never seen before! Creepy! I'm not sure whether I'm more interested in your vampire tendencies or the fact that you've been fiddling around with "answerphones!" :) Why does everything sound cuter with an accent?

Posted by: Anonymous Girl at February 5, 2010 7:11 AM

Vampiric? Really? As someone who left a message I don't feel exploited in any way. I thought it was another interesting and beautiful project. I feel uplifted when I hear those tracks that were created. We all experience emotional pain at different times, so it's not like one group was singled out to leave messages, and since the sounds are not personally identifiable I don't see how people are being exploited. I am glad it is getting some press, even shallow praise and criticism as seen here.

Posted by: Unhappy Telephone Talker at February 5, 2010 8:44 PM

I don't think it's a creepy pic exactly...maybe just a little less approachable than usual. (Though you do look really fetching in a suit jacket! Just saying.)

I didn't think the pain pack was vampiric or exploitative...I mean, you consistently turn sounds and objects into new sounds and new objects as part of a larger project (e.g., 48 to 52, angrigami). I think everyone who participated rather anticipated that. And the result was a transforming experience. So, well done!

Posted by: Kimmyesque at February 6, 2010 1:59 PM

Actually - it's a little Eraserhead-ish...

Posted by: Marianne at February 11, 2010 1:26 PM

You.. really do like a Vampire, like, from Vampire the Masquerade or something. Dude, you are like a LARPer now, and totally on accident.

Posted by: Keith at February 14, 2010 12:28 AM

Yeah, I think this is kind of the opposite of exploitative. And that "real name" bit threw me, too. "Warhol, whose real name is Andrew Warhol...?"

Posted by: ben at February 14, 2010 8:15 PM

Any plans to release the tracks on an album?

Posted by: YRG at February 15, 2010 11:05 AM

And everyone knows, Vampires are sexy and awesome.

Posted by: Mike at February 16, 2010 12:08 AM

vampiric?? Really? You're hardly sparkling at all!

Posted by: Laura at February 22, 2010 3:31 PM

Dammit Frank, I thought you lived in Brooklyn!! Inexplicable feeling of letdown for some reason...

Posted by: Alexandra at March 5, 2010 4:11 PM