« if you like little red books... here is a nice little video about a little red book | Main | 1000 Awesome Things »

July 30, 2010

ken nordine

i got an email from ken yesterday, which was a huge thrill (he likes the scribbler!). I listened to his spoken word "wordjazz" for years and still have a collection of his LPs :: amazing, funny, weird and wonderful artist :: click below for a mini documentary and a few videos that feature his poems and unmistakable voice :: click below to listen ::

this one is my real favorite :: click below to listen ::

Thanks for this, Ze! It's always good to celebrate artists while they are alive :)

You didn't mention his site: www.wordjazz.com

Posted by: Richard Walker at July 30, 2010 4:17 PM

NICE!
thanks for turning me on to this ze.

so... what are you guys going to work on together?

Posted by: mik at July 31, 2010 5:13 AM

Voices. The voice. His voice. Poetry. Thanks for the introduction to this extraordinary.

Posted by: Jan McLaughlin at July 31, 2010 7:46 AM

Ah, Ken Nordine ... presents ... Ken Nordine ... presents ... p ss t !

His original Word Jazz album was part of my childhood. My favorite was "The Vidiot." Ken's "conversion" at the end of is a lesson on hypocrisy and human weakness.

You are blessed, indeed, by the compliment of his appreciation for your talents. Like minds, Ze ...

Posted by: Dash at July 31, 2010 10:11 AM

My girlfriend made two blog posts featuring Nordine poetry:
http://gem-a-day.blogspot.com/2009/07/word-jazz.html (featuring "My Baby")
and
http://gem-a-day.blogspot.com/2009/06/word-jazz_29.html (featuring "Green")

Posted by: zeptimius at July 31, 2010 12:44 PM

Awesome! I love Ken Nordine!

Posted by: Alice at August 4, 2010 10:13 PM

wow, this is great - and ze, i love the scribbler too! i started listening to ken on his 'stare with your ears' npr radio program in the 80's, i still have some of the npr cassettes and i am so glad i do, they seem ultra hard to find these days.

great to see ken still on the move.

Posted by: khrysserx at August 19, 2010 10:53 AM

Found you site while searching for "Ken Nordine". As soon as I read about your Ken-Nordine-approved Scribbler app for iPad, it was purchased and downloading. Any app that's a friend of Ken's iPad is a friend of mine. ;-)

Posted by: Douglas Reedy at January 17, 2011 11:42 AM

Been listening to Ken Nordine since the 60's when I heard his "Colors" segments play on the weekends on NBC's Monitor Radio broadcasts. Imagine that, a major commericial radio network making time to air poetry. Thanks for this video. It's great to fill in the blank spaces in our knowledge of this great artist.

Posted by: Robert G. at February 24, 2011 11:39 PM