« plastic bag ballerina | Main | georgia's aquarium »

December 1, 2010

design battle

vs.

as far as i can tell... everyone wins.

I vote for Mr Price, that guys not only has a kick ass site but he drives it with his killer personality.

Posted by: Chris at December 1, 2010 1:44 PM

I don't really like either one.
Superior looks like an early 80's TV commercial, and the mouse-over sounds are sh*t.
John's site has a YouTube video embedded, which is crap. I'm more interested in viewing the "Promoted Videos" that appear at the end, than viewing the rest of his site.
Both sites are very unprofessional and reek of "middle-man" syndrome.

Posted by: Seth at December 1, 2010 1:52 PM

Price - His site is better for search. And has been updated in the last decade. :)

Posted by: Josh Bruce at December 1, 2010 3:34 PM

superior web solutions is hands down the "best" "web designer" site I've ever seen. Total flash madness. And those voice overs are gold!!

OOOOH YAAAAAH!

It can't be real! It just can't!

Posted by: mango at December 1, 2010 3:53 PM

Blue wins!

Posted by: Cherrie at December 1, 2010 4:08 PM

i would have to pick superior...... because they have a whole page of terrible audio clips.

Posted by: Noah at December 1, 2010 4:57 PM

This totally made my day (which probably says a lot about my day)! But there can only be one winner and it clearly is: Superior Web Solutions. I... I don't even know where to start. The intro - Lion King, anybody? And the voice in the background: "Expectations... tations... tions." And I highly recommend to check out Studio 1. Pure awesome. There are lasers and... and THERE IS A MENU TEMPLATE WHERE YOU CAN SHOOT LASERS! Did I mention that there is a menu template, where you can shoot lasers? Internet, you did it again.

Posted by: Mia at December 1, 2010 5:03 PM

Oh, hands down it's Superior-Web-Solutions. That ironic late 80's look is so bleeding edge nowadays.

And, besides, it's eerily reminiscent of the best site ever developed for the web:

Posted by: DS Bakker at December 1, 2010 5:20 PM

Superior web solutions, hands down. It's so bleeding edge that my device won't even acknowledge it exists...yet. But I know it must be amazing, they use the word "solutions".

Posted by: Roman manlord at December 1, 2010 6:35 PM

Neither one. Seriously. The superior sight is so flashy that I feel like I've missed the point and wouldn't be able to see it on my iPhone anyways. The other guy is just... well, just.

Posted by: Donnell at December 1, 2010 7:24 PM

what's your design style?

Posted by: sara at December 1, 2010 7:35 PM

HA!!! these are hilarious. are they real sites?

Posted by: mydogischelsea at December 1, 2010 8:43 PM

Freaking Hilarious! Definitely Superior Web Solutions took the early lead with the double secret super combo 'Solutions' in the name. And the site didn't disappoint with it's superior humility and clear understanding of what the client wants. Plus if they make a movie, they can reuse the intro. Cheers SWS!

Posted by: Mikesterific at December 1, 2010 9:17 PM

Posted by: Mikesterific at December 1, 2010 9:21 PM

Also from John Price's extensive video portfolio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzeygTmtmZk

Posted by: Matt at December 1, 2010 9:44 PM

haha check out one of the sites from John Prics's portfolio:

Posted by: Corwen at December 1, 2010 9:54 PM

This is a tough one. But I think SWS has the edge.

Posted by: hebcho at December 1, 2010 10:10 PM

I'm giving it to Mr. Price, mainly because of the audio in his video clips, which alternates between making him sound like he's underwater, at a rave, or inside a 1950s vacuum tube.

Posted by: Michael at December 1, 2010 11:34 PM

Can you handle the interactivity on this page!? http://superior-web-solutions.com/Broadband/Shop/shopping.html

My design style is casual.

Posted by: jeremy at December 2, 2010 12:02 AM

was humming "I know me some ugly...." as I perused these 2 sites. And yes everyone is win :)

Posted by: j.w. at December 2, 2010 1:59 AM

Ze,

I challenge you to make a better 'worse' site. Would love to see what you come up with...

Andy

Posted by: andy skinstad at December 2, 2010 5:54 AM

Ze,

I feel as if your song "I knows me some ugly" should be playing as the sound track for each of these sites.

"When you wuz a baby momma tried to put a mushy spoon of peas in your ass, I know me some ugly!"

Posted by: John at December 2, 2010 7:22 AM

These make me think of George Bush dancing flash game ( www.miniclip.com/games/dancing-bush/en/ ). Buttons on the side and action in the middle.

Btw, after seeing Ze's unique style in Dancing Seminar/ Advanced Seminar / and his seminal "got my top down and my bottom up", I can only see ze frank dancing like a wild man with George Bush's head on top.

Posted by: Darin at December 2, 2010 1:53 PM