« Come answer Star.me's Mission of the Day: Killer Beats | Main | stunt poetry »

September 6, 2011

do you remember your first day of school?

(from http://dearphotograph.com/)

how did you feel?

the best minute in my whole life!
my dad was getting every second on tape lol
i love my parents for helping me from this step !
i felt so good when i saw this picture,
alot of sweet memories..

Posted by: MAISAM at September 6, 2011 12:37 PM

My dad recorded me talking about my first day of school on reel to reel tape (this was 1971). I listened not that long ago. I was very proud - new bag, clothes, stationery. I was excited too but not scared; I have an identical twin sister so it wasn't like I was alone. And I was a little outraged because Richard Amos had dropped my new pencil through a hole in the floor.

Posted by: Anne at September 6, 2011 4:07 PM

Thanks, these made me laugh, smile, and cry <3

Posted by: Laura at September 6, 2011 7:46 PM

Not entirely, but I'm pretty sure it sucked pretty hard. I think I had a bad attitude about the public school system from the very beginning. It didn't let up until the end of Jr. High, when they stopped being so damn strict and authoritarian. I am quite glad I will never have to go back.

Posted by: ChrisF at September 7, 2011 12:12 AM

My mother bought me a new outfit and a cool bag with figure skaters on it. She told me that I was going to love going to school so I was really excited. My mom seemed really nervous as we went to the classroom door. Everything was so BIG. BIG building, BIG classroom, BIG blackboards, BIG shelving for our bags. Inside there were several grown ups. They all stared at me, except for one mother. Her daughter was crying and she was trying to comfort her. I grabbed the little girls hand. I asked her what her name was. She stopped crying and said Martine. I pulled her away from her mom and said "Martine, veux tu aller joue? Regarde!! " (Want to go play? Look!!!) We were best friends until I moved away.

Posted by: Nicole at September 11, 2011 10:55 PM

I was intimidated by this huge building with so many kids! Luckily I already had a childhood friend in the same class and that helped! :)

Posted by: Mcneil at September 18, 2011 12:46 PM

I would say that the first day of school, was the most terrifying thing ever, I do remember thinking "I have 12 years of this ahead of me and then i was like :(

Posted by: baron von tito at September 23, 2011 9:19 PM