« you had one simple job! | Main | weather anchors are awesome »

September 7, 2012

the sweetness

You just helped me through a very tough break up with these thoughts... not sure I can ever thank you enough...

Posted by: Jon at September 8, 2012 1:55 PM

I know how you feel.

Posted by: Xfox at September 8, 2012 11:26 PM

I'm a big fan even though I watch from the sidelines. I love your vibe, I love your truth. Heard you are coming to our humble little Austin next week to teach at Wizard. Are you doing anything else while you're here? lots to enjoy, the weather has turned utterly perfect. blessings, Octavia

Posted by: Octavia Brooks at September 9, 2012 11:32 AM

Ze - enough about you.

This new show has way too much introspection to be the kind of wonderful journey the first one was. I hate to be "that guy" but I really wanted to tell you.

To me, self-help is the pit-stop you come into with your car during the race. Maybe you were feeling the wheels were loosing grip or you were running low on fuel. You take a short amount of time to focus on yourself and try and fix what you can with what you have. But you can't stay long if you want to keep moving.

The shorter version of that metaphor is: if you want to keep moving you need to look ahead (and around), not inside.*

Lets keep moving Ze.

* A flawed, sweeping generalization, of course.

Posted by: Donatello at September 9, 2012 7:06 PM

What an achingly beautiful articulation of an intangible thing... you've touched a nerve here. Thank you.

Posted by: Katje at September 10, 2012 7:01 PM

Thanks Ze, your brilliant, and an inspiration

Posted by: Cousin Stevie at September 11, 2012 6:54 PM

Thank you for being you.

Posted by: Katy at September 21, 2012 5:13 PM

My daughter was stillborn in February and this captures an element of my grieving that is hard to articulate - the relationship that never was or could be. As the other commenters said - this touches a nerve and helps enormously. Thanks.

Posted by: M. at September 22, 2012 11:49 PM

Yes. I understand well the feeling of missing something you've never had. Nostalgia for an imagined acceptance. I believe this is what compels us forward.

For, how can we continue to be here without the pursuit of that perfect love without the tinge of pain.

Ze, isn't that what compels you to do what you do?

Posted by: Kate at October 3, 2012 10:27 AM

PS: Re: Your wanting to be here with the pain that comes with the sweetness. Congratulations, Ze. That takes courage. I hope the sweetness here is sweeter.

:-)

Posted by: Kate at October 3, 2012 10:43 AM

Wow. Thank you. I am complex. Everything and nothing of what you articulated. And the sweetness, I always want to get to that sweet place in me again after I've f**cked up a relationship. I crave that sweet side, crave to make it real to make sweetness a reality like goddess bliss love existence. I don't think I should let it go, but I should stop seeking it in others and just radiate it from myself instead. With no expectations of reciprocity. No goal. No outcome. Just sweet radiating-ness. That said, will you marry me?

Posted by: Annette at October 25, 2012 10:52 PM