ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   question of the day ? (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12191)

Frieda 11-03-2007 08:18 AM

^ on human evening, nevertheless

i say YES

zero 11-03-2007 08:29 AM

unless you, rallys burgers, have a summer mab then we must to applebees and that'll him "soi" for.

T.I.P. 11-03-2007 10:09 AM

yes

craig johnston 11-03-2007 10:46 AM

maybe

Hyakujo's Fox 11-03-2007 11:05 AM

pfft the ramones wouldn't answer 'maybe'

lukkucairi 11-03-2007 11:29 AM

not for a bucket of cherries, no.

Frieda 11-03-2007 12:58 PM

especially in the morning.

12"razormix 11-03-2007 01:48 PM

no! :mad:

Anna 11-03-2007 02:46 PM

depends

brightpearl 11-03-2007 05:46 PM

Yes and no.

Frieda 11-03-2007 08:27 PM

new question for sunday the fourth

have you ever plotted your revenge and acted it out as planned?

auntie aubrey 11-03-2007 08:40 PM

yes, although "plotted" gives me more credit than i'm due.

i got a boss fired out of revenge for how she was treating her employees and employees' direct reports. she was ruining the quality of life for my department. she turned over 9 people in an 11 person department in under 6 months. she used to come tell me the delightful ways in which she planned to make people miserable enough to quit so she wouldn't have to go to the trouble of proving they deserved to be fired. members of the department, my direct reports for whom i felt responsible, were physically ill, taking anti-depressants, and showing signs of pretty intense stress. i felt the stress myself.

so i planned it out and logged occurrences of questionable behavior over a period of 2 months. i pulled together a pretty solid argument and then waited until she finally did something that violated serious company policy. then i started the proceedings. the company invited her to voluntarily quit and she did so.

i don't regret it. she deserved it. she affected people's health, including my own. in fact by the time she quit i had had several serious health complications directly resulting from stress and i only stayed with the company 3 weeks beyond her resignation.

so yes, and i suffer no moral qualms about it.

trisherina 11-03-2007 10:19 PM

Yes. Not infrequently. Most I can't discuss publicly, but the one I always enjoy recounting appears elsewhere on the board, where I stuck an ex with a gigantic phone bill (he'd had the phone in his name) when he refused to pay me back some cash I'd loaned him. After spending hours a day on dialup long distance, I moved out of the place we'd shared together, got a phone in my own name, and advised the phone company where they could find him to deal with all those dreadful unpaid bills.

zero 11-04-2007 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frieda (Post 367338)
have you ever plotted your revenge and acted it out as planned?

i've thought really hard about this question for the past hour. no, i can't recall ever having plotted revenge and then acted it out. of course like everyone, i've impulsively retaliated in both major and minor situations where i've felt wronged. personally, i'm against revenge, and tend to lump it in beside spite and HAT.

in trying to get myself some context for the question via the googles, this piece struck a chord, with me it did anyway:

Quote:

Originally Posted by the independent online
Psychologists believe revenge is essentially borne of unsatisfied anger. "It is a very aggressive act," says Brian Thomas-Peter, director of psychological services at the Reaside clinic for mentally disturbed offenders in Birmingham. "But it usually happens in a furtive way, so that the avenger doesn't have to deal with confrontation. Excessive revenge reveals a person's limited resources." The inference is that the humiliated but sophisticated can recoup their loss of self-esteem without stooping to venomous subterfuge.

The trouble is that on occasion, acts of violence just feel good. Avengers say that the instant of savagery provides a cathartic release of tension. Guilt and remorse may set in later, but the moment of revenge is sweet. "At the time I felt absolutely marvellous, totally and utterly justified and vindicated," Kathryn recalls. Joan Francis, 36, who was a battered wife for 10 years, derived exquisite pleasure from sneakily causing her (now divorced) husband misery. Depending upon his crime, she would smash his car windscreen or lace his boxer shorts with itching-powder. "My revenge kept me sane.," she says defiantly. "I found it spiritually uplifting."

T.I.P. 11-04-2007 06:35 AM

i do not indulge in revenge because i know it will eventually come back and bite me in the ass (and by "it", i mean "me").

'Course, sometimes i can't resist an impulse to snap back, on the moment, at someone who has wronged me. But that hardly qualifies as "plotted" or "premeditated" revenge.