ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   ¿ question of the day ? (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12191)

Hyakujo's Fox 10-22-2007 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukkucairi (Post 365807)
*question*

do you ever get deja vu?

I get deja vu of having had deja vu of having had deja vu in an infinite regression. does this happen to anyone else?

it's freaky when you get that meta deja vu for the first time. now I don't think I ever get deja vu without the deja vuity getting wrapped up in its own deja vuness. that convinces me that deja vu is not actually the feeling that something has happened before, but for some reason feels like the feeling that something has happened before.

T.I.P. 10-23-2007 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightpearl (Post 365695)
question for Sunday, Oct. 21:

Are you aware of your sense of smell in your dreams?

for those of you interested in catching up on the state of the art in dream science, there are a number of interesting articles in today's online NYT science section

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/science...html?th&emc=th

zero 10-23-2007 06:04 AM

:mad: oi! excusez moi monsieur! mais ecoutez - bollocks to dream science, i'm noticing some folk just cannie seem to stop themselves from blahblahblahing on about ¿ questions of the day ? long after the question's had it's day

Quote:

Originally Posted by me
* no answering or discussing this question after today. at midnight somebody must pose a new ¿ question of the day ?

thank you for your kind assistance in these matters and post a new ¿ question of the day ? while you're at it

T.I.P. 10-23-2007 06:32 AM

you're absolutely right it's intolerable all this blahblahblahing around here after the day is done.

I have just the question to set things straight:

¿ Is there a sequence of events (3 or more) that you repeat every day in exactly the same order, in which each gesture has been repeated so many times that it is now reduced to a minimalist expression of perfection ?

zero 10-23-2007 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terry
¿ Is there a sequence of events (3 or more) that you repeat every day in exactly the same order, in which each gesture has been repeated so many times that it is now reduced to a minimalist expression of perfection ?

could you repeat the ¿ question of the day ? please?

T.I.P. 10-23-2007 06:53 AM

i would be happy to oblige but the RULES of this thread oblige me to refrain any déjà "vous"

brightpearl 10-23-2007 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.I.P. (Post 365868)
you're absolutely right it's intolerable all this blahblahblahing around here after the day is done.

I have just the question to set things straight:

yes
*clams up*

zero 10-23-2007 07:14 AM

Quote:

Quote:

déjà "vous"
Quote:

Quote:

déjà "vous"
Quote:

Quote:

déjà "vous"

no

madasacutsnake 10-23-2007 07:16 AM

No. But almost every workday I ask other people to perform a sequence of three actions. Then I give them a score according to how well they perform.

Stephi_B 10-23-2007 07:17 AM

Zroe you wanna drive Teri-cheri crazy? ;) (no official question, no official question, no, no, no!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.I.P.

There is a sequence: crawling out of bed (i.e. mattress) - turning on radio - making coffee - searching ciggies/ashtray/lighter - sitting cross-legged in my green armchair (but turned by 90° so I have the ashtray on the armrest in front of me) - having the ritual c&c with music.
Unfortunately the minimalist, perfect flow is too often disturbed by morning-clumsiness-induced spilling of coffee on the way from the kitchen... though if I include that into the sequence... then: yes :)

brightpearl 10-23-2007 07:19 AM

^oh yes
the coffee-spilling is the wabi-sabi that qualifies it as perfection!

T.I.P. 10-23-2007 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephi_B (Post 365876)
[size="1"]
There is a sequence: crawling out of bed (i.e. mattress) - turning on radio - making coffee - searching ciggies/ashtray/lighter - sitting cross-legged in my green armchair (but turned by 90° so I have the ashtray on the armrest in front of me) - having the ritual c&c with music.
Unfortunately the minimalist, perfect flow is too often disturbed by morning-clumsiness-induced spilling of coffee on the way from the kitchen... though if I include that into the sequence... then: yes :)

"turned by 90° so I have the ashtray on the armrest in front of me" is exactly the perfection i was talking about ;)

Stephi_B 10-23-2007 07:48 AM

^ & ^^ Mille grazie :) ;)

trisherina 10-23-2007 09:50 AM

Timing the making of oatmeal and coffee such that they are ready and beep at the EXACT same time that the dog wants back in.

T.I.P. 10-23-2007 10:34 AM

open front door, remove coat and walk three steps, press the computer ON button with, rotate 170° and three steps back to fill a pot with water/turning on the electric stove, go to wash hands in lavatory, come back to type administrative password that is appearing on a prompt screen that has appeared on computer at that exact moment, walk back to refrigerator, remove vegetables,..etc..

[continue this kind of sequence until sleep]