ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

LeahDear 04-19-2006 10:26 AM

Many thanks... bit of a hollow victory but a victory nonetheless :o

The new word is:

Limivorous

Take it away......

trisherina 04-19-2006 11:31 AM

limivorous: Butcher's term describing the very faintly green tint taken on before a cut is marked "Manager's Special."

Coffee 04-19-2006 12:49 PM

Limivorous:

A carnivour that will only eat muscle tissue from limbs. Nasty squishy oddly colored funny shaped and disgusting looking organs are right out.

Coffee's definition of Limivorous implied that he was firmly opposed to, and completely disgusted by the thought of eating horrid awful nasty animal organs.

Madmack 04-19-2006 12:53 PM

limivorous: A evil sect of vegan'ism that only eats 'greens' grown in salt water therefore increasing their sodium intake to simulate the hypertension found in omnivores

Limu: \Li"mu\ , n. (Bot.) The Hawaiian name for seaweeds.
Vorous: suff. Eating;

After years of a limivorous diet and a series of painfull urinary tract infections, I decided that a a trip to Taco Bell was the answer.

12"razormix 04-19-2006 03:01 PM

limivorous, adj.

smelling British, reminiscent of something British

Amber instantly found herself thinking of Jim whenever she entered the Golden Lion and sat down at one of the simple wooden benches - the limivorous scent of the pub overwhelmed her every time she came here.

dinzdale 04-19-2006 03:24 PM

limivorous, adj.

Descriptive word from the Latin limire - to be as flexible as a circus contortionist and vorace - to suck like a vacuum cleaner.
Used to describe women that people writing to Penthouse and Playboy meet every week, but I never do.

Marcus Bales 04-19-2006 04:11 PM

limivorous - of or relating to predators of the Umbra limi, or brown mudminnow. Well, reddish-brown, actually. Or a sort of brown with a red tinging toward orange. A kind of burnt-orange, really -- not quite as burnt as burnt umber, you know, but a shade or two this side of it, and rather more brown than burnt, if you see what I mean.

daverbee 04-20-2006 09:41 AM

limivorous

A word mistakenly describing the dietary habits often attributed to hillbillies in the Appalachian Mountains by well-meaning yankees.
Regularly accused in New York newspapers of eating dirt in times of need, these good Southerners usually respond by picking bits of possum or squirrel from between their teeth and stating firmly, "Ain't true."

funkytuba 04-21-2006 02:14 AM

This word is actually spelled backwards:
sourovimil - describing a feminst dowager who is unhappy with her lot in life

LeahDear 04-21-2006 06:35 AM

Ok.. after much deliberation and plenty of laughs, I've judged.

For those who may or may not be interested, the actual meaning is:

Limivorous

Swallowing mud for the organic matter it contains.

------------

The Makes you feel green just thinking about it Award goes to Trisherina for:

limivorous: Butcher's term describing the very faintly green tint taken on before a cut is marked "Manager's Special."

------------

The Makes you feel even greener Award goes to Coffee for:

Limivorous:

A carnivour that will only eat muscle tissue from limbs. Nasty squishy oddly colored funny shaped and disgusting looking organs are right out.

Coffee's definition of Limivorous implied that he was firmly opposed to, and completely disgusted by the thought of eating horrid awful nasty animal organs.
------------

The I may be British but, thankfully, don’t smell Limivorous Award goes to 12”Razormix for:

limivorous, adj.

smelling British, reminiscent of something British

Amber instantly found herself thinking of Jim whenever she entered the Golden Lion and sat down at one of the simple wooden benches - the limivorous scent of the pub overwhelmed her every time she came here.
------------

The You may not meet them but I’m sure you read about them plenty Award goes to dinzdale for:

limivorous, adj.

Descriptive word from the Latin limire - to be as flexible as a circus contortionist and vorace - to suck like a vacuum cleaner.

Used to describe women that people writing to Penthouse and Playboy meet every week, but I never do.

------------

The I think I see what you mean… maybe… sort of… Award goes to Marcus Bales for:

limivorous - of or relating to predators of the Umbra limi, or brown mudminnow. Well, reddish-brown, actually. Or a sort of brown with a red tinging toward orange. A kind of burnt-orange, really -- not quite as burnt as burnt umber, you know, but a shade or two this side of it, and rather more brown than burnt, if you see what I mean

------------

The I know some women just like this! Award goes to Funkytuba for:

This word is actually spelled backwards:
sourovimil - describing a feminst dowager who is unhappy with her lot in life

------------

So, the runner-up… The Almost won but rather too close to the truth Award to daverbee with:

limivorous

A word mistakenly describing the dietary habits often attributed to hillbillies in the Appalachian Mountains by well-meaning yankees.
Regularly accused in New York newspapers of eating dirt in times of need, these good Southerners usually respond by picking bits of possum or squirrel from between their teeth and stating firmly, "Ain't true."

------------

And finally! The winner:

The Made me laugh out loud coz I live in a hippie city FULL of vegans Award goes to Madmack for:

limivorous: A evil sect of vegan'ism that only eats 'greens' grown in salt water therefore increasing their sodium intake to simulate the hypertension found in omnivores

Limu: \Li"mu\ , n. (Bot.) The Hawaiian name for seaweeds.
Vorous: suff. Eating;

After years of a limivorous diet and a series of painfull urinary tract infections, I decided that a a trip to Taco Bell was the answer.

Take it away Madmack.....

Madmack 04-21-2006 01:25 PM

Alrighty then...!

Todays word is:

antitussive

You can earn bonus points if you can relate it to hockey.. (In honour of the Stanley Cup playoffs starting tonight.. )

LeahDear 04-21-2006 01:52 PM

antitussive

A very difficult to perform, feint like, manoeuvre used by hockey players after a hustle on a backcheck.

trisherina 04-21-2006 02:12 PM

antitussive: sharp ducking motion learned quickly by children who dislike having their hair mussed by visiting relatives.

Marcus Bales 04-21-2006 04:58 PM

antitussive - sharp ducking motion learned quickly by hockey players who dislike having their helmets broken by the visiting team's enforcer.

Coffee 04-21-2006 10:10 PM

antitussive n.

A relaxant admintistered via injection to the buttocks through secret retractable needles in the penalty bench of hockey games. Hockey coaches and team owners however learned of this and developed a counter agent known as tussletosterone...rumor has it that the counter agent is administed in an area no rules commitee would ever dare to check...through the soles of their sweaty feet using foot pads in their skates soaked in tussletosterone.