ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   question of the day ? (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12191)

zero 02-21-2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12"razormix (Post 377095)

i wish i'd remembered those when it was the phobias question of the day ?

Brynn 02-21-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee (Post 377077)
Switching to a Non-Christian Fundamentalist radio station and relaxing. :rolleyes:

Wow, so you were listening to Christian Fundamentalist radio before you switched the station??? Don't wait for the apocalypse - switch it off now, my friend!:eek:

Well, since the perfect love of Christ casts out all fear, and assuming I'm perfectly bathed in that love and receiving it already, I'd probably breathe slowly, look around for that day's delight if I hadn't found it yet, and wait to see what happens next.
With the last twenty seconds or so, I'd also kiss my husband playfully and say " I love you, I'll miss you forever and you can still change your mind." He would laugh, roll his eyes, kiss me and that would be that. He could still shrug, surrender to love and Jesus and go through a new door with me. In fact, that would be my last earthly delight, him changing his mind about all that stuff.
If I happen to have a dirty Grey Goose martini in my hand, so much the better.
That would be fvcking great. :)

brightpearl 02-21-2008 10:16 PM

I can't believe no one has said "fvcking" yet.

lukkucairi 02-21-2008 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12"razormix (Post 377084)
since this is not happening now, it must be some fictitious event in the future. i have no knowledge of such events, therefore can't answer the question ( but i can tell you with certainty that i would be doing the same thing for the 30 seconds following the announcement as i was doing before )

( unless i had already finished ) ( ..whatever i was doing )

( then i would be doing something else )

somebody's been getting stoned with the hippies already :D

lukkucairi 02-21-2008 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightpearl (Post 377114)

yes they have - just now

thanks for ruining it, beryl :mad:

Hyakujo's Fox 02-21-2008 10:27 PM

Quote:

I can't believe no one has said "p0sting" yet.

brightpearl 02-21-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukkucairi (Post 377117)
yes they have - just now

thanks for ruining it, beryl :mad:

I didn't say that was my answer, just making an observation. :D

T.I.P. 02-21-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyakujo's Fox (Post 377118)
I can't believe no one has said "p0sting" yet.

i was going to say "waiting for the FAST CHAT forum to load"

auntie aubrey 02-22-2008 01:11 AM

Quote:

30 seconds? bah. no quickie's that quick.

brightpearl 02-22-2008 01:29 AM

^I'm giving this waaaaay too much thought, but hopefully, along razor's line of thought, one would have happened to have been engaged in said activity for some minutes prior.

'Sides, if you're doing it right, the beginning/middle is just as good as the end. :D

That's not my answer, though. I'd rather be laughing about terrible knock knock jokes with my son, and blissfully unaware.

And not, I repeat, not anywhere near a salty licorice fish.

Angry Kid Hoyt 02-22-2008 01:02 PM

I LOVE salty licorice!

Am I the only one?

auntie aubrey 02-22-2008 02:21 PM

shun.

Angry Kid Hoyt 02-22-2008 02:34 PM

wow.
i've never been shunned by someone that wasn't related to me before.

Marcus Bales 02-22-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angry Kid Hoyt (Post 377198)
Am I the only one?

You ARE the only one.

Brynn 02-22-2008 08:15 PM

I really was open-minded about trying it, but I have to say that it was one of the more, um, disappointing experiences I've had in recent memory that I will not be repeating willfully.

New question for Friday, February 22, 2008:

What was the first thing that happened that made you realize that you were different from other kids?

lukkucairi 02-22-2008 10:03 PM

when I found out the voices didn't speak to them as well :)

Tunesmith 02-23-2008 12:12 AM

When I asked my friend if he ever imagined "seeing from other people's eyes" and I got a blank stare in return.

trisherina 02-23-2008 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brynn (Post 377284)
New question for Friday, February 22, 2008:

What was the first thing that happened that made you realize that you were different from other kids?

That is a very good question, but I'm not sure I can give you an answer that won't just come off sad. Part of it is that I never really thought I was all that different, even if other people did.

PinkLincoln 02-23-2008 02:41 AM

I was teased mercilessly for wearing purple pants and a green sweatershirt...to this day, I see nothing wrong with that!

hypnoplasm 02-23-2008 08:13 AM

for being hyper-self-conscious in situations where most people are not and vice versa

Marcus Bales 02-23-2008 10:23 AM

But ... but ... I'm not different from other people! Really I'm not.

auntie aubrey 02-23-2008 11:35 AM

when i was in the first grade and i was hanging out in the library after school, waiting for my mother to finish up some solo PTA prep work, and for no good reason i wrote a message to the school librarian on the chalkboard. i wrote, "mrs johnson's mitochondria were here."

my mother laughed hysterically when she saw it and wouldn't let me erase it, insisting we leave it for mrs. johnson to find in the morning.

i didn't get what was so funny. hadn't everyone read madeline l'engle's "a wind in the door"? i suddenly realized that maybe it was just me, and that i'd done something very weird.

lukkucairi 02-23-2008 12:22 PM

"ROAST-A BEEEEEEF!"

to be honest, that's when I knew. it's a line of a song, and I hammed it up opera-style in class as we were singing. everyone stopped for about three seconds, and then the teacher continued on playing the piano as if nothing had happened.

27 years later I found the rest of my tribe scattered around the world, gathering in places like this. we ain't so different.

T.I.P. 02-23-2008 02:06 PM

^:D ha ha ha

During the period where I lived in the US as a kid, I remember one of my friends commenting on the fact that my French mom was "weird" because she had scolded him for going into our kitchen and serving himself in the fridge without asking. Kids serving themselves in the fridge at friends' houses was apparently the norm in the Puritan North East at that time. That was what he led me to believe anyway.

This was one of many moments where I felt "different" during that period, and it was not a comfortable feeling.

I used to do everything to try to smooth over the weirdness that I am built upon in order to fit in.

Now I do everything I can to cultivate it. :)

Brynn 02-23-2008 06:19 PM

^ my mom in Maine would have been pretty upset with him too!

I was the weird kid who stared up at the base of oak trees at recess, didn't know any good jump rope rhymes, and in first grade, pretended to have an English accent for a while in a desperate attempt to impress a new girl into being friends with me. She was completely charmed and delighted until everyone told her i was faking. That was a bad day, but now I think it's pretty funny. I told myself she was shallow anyway, and it was a relief to stop lying and pretending.

Stephi_B 02-24-2008 10:14 AM

Hard to say, my whole time in school I'd say (shortly before I entered elementary, we moved from the tiny village to the city - in the village we were only 3 children, and Alfons and me didn't hang out with the son of the pub&brewery owner cos he was posh and high-nosed, so Emeran was kinda the different one for us). In our quarter of the city (actually in all three places where we lived when I was a child and teenager), only different people lived, so school was the only place where I felt strange. I always picked (and got picked - that's always a mutual thing when people befriend) as best friends the other 'outsiders' in class: the Turkish girl who was 3 years older than us in elemetary, in highschool then the Jehova witness girl, the grunge and punk folks on weed (the majority being more the booze types and I have no clue what music they listened to? Probably crap from the Hitparade), the two girls who lived in a youth home...

Since I live in Berlin I feel no longer different! :) (But at uni I do --> I need to get a decent job asap ;))

auntie aubrey 02-24-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brynn (Post 377386)
^ my mom in Maine would have been pretty upset with him too!

my michigander mom would have, too.

trisherina 02-24-2008 02:20 PM

new question of the day ?:

Watching the Academy Awards show, or don't give a toot?

topcat 02-24-2008 02:27 PM

i will watch what i can. i love that show and also the grammys

auntie aubrey 02-24-2008 04:04 PM

don't give a

xfox 02-24-2008 04:59 PM

I'm watching when the red carpet starts til the show is over. And you?

Coffee 02-24-2008 05:07 PM

Neither a toot nor a flying fark.

Hyakujo's Fox 02-24-2008 06:48 PM

tootally uninterested

T.I.P. 02-24-2008 06:57 PM

My interest in the academy awards tends towards 0

Frieda 02-24-2008 07:04 PM

it isn't on!

Avalon 02-24-2008 09:05 PM

No.
However, I am going to watch Michael Clayton in George Clooney's honor.
CNN, E!, Goodmorning planet, etc will fill me in on the winners.
Repeatedly. lol

PinkLincoln 02-24-2008 09:18 PM

I'll watch some of the red carpet to see the beautiful dresses, but otherwise, I don't really care.

lukkucairi 02-24-2008 11:01 PM

academy awards? huh? whaaa?

trisherina 02-25-2008 12:22 AM

I am not interested.

auntie aubrey 02-25-2008 01:08 AM

well apparently i lied because it's on the TV now.

i'm not really sure how this happened.