ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   This Is The Thread Where We Have An Announcement To Make... (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12624)

Marcus Bales 06-19-2010 10:24 AM

What the world needs now is blueberry bacon muffins.

MoJoRiSin 06-19-2010 03:05 PM

There is every possibility that Adam is the mother of us and that king David was actually a woman and his wives were
"husbands" that is the only thing that could possible make sense to mo

Stephi_B 06-25-2010 09:42 AM

....well, so the army likes my degrees much much and all that, but they have no more money to employ anybody in their shopping-for-cool-weaponry-and-fiddling-around-with-it-er....-testing-and-improving-it dep't....

so i keep on applying for all kinds of stuff, teaching, research, whatnot, and i hope my very lovely favourite head-mistress can raise enough money for me at my very lovely favourite school (besides project #1 which is giving math lessons, extra hours in everything and restructuring the biology/chemistry/a-bit-of-physics-and-math-hidden-there-in-the-corner, i have now a project #2 there which consists of roaming the endless corridors in the search of teacherless groups of kids/classes and writing them up - to see which teachers are missing, which kids turn up at all and that - and trying to motivate them to do logic training and riddles with me or at least trying to motivate them to go peacefully and quite downstairs to the mensa - initially that was a really really tough job :rolleyes:, but meanwhile i get some respect there in the 8th and 9th graders' zone and some of the 7th grade girls are sometimes joining me a bit on my rounds chatting with me :), the 10th graders are my homies anyway ;)

yeah and i'm still all mmmmmmmh :) with my boy, he'll be outta berlin now for 5 weeks, but i'll survive somehow i figure ;)

Frieda 06-25-2010 06:03 PM

^don't the germanies have a CSI department that requires a physics / chemistry degree you can use your brain matter in?

Frieda 06-25-2010 06:08 PM

here

Das Kriminaltechnische Institut
ist eine von 9 Abteilungen des Bundeskriminalamtes.

beschäftigt derzeit ca. 300 Mitarbeiterinnen/Mitarbeiter, darunter Chemiker, Physiker, Biologen, Ingenieure, Phonetiker, Psychologen, Kriminalbeamte, Mineralogen, IT-Spezialisten, Elektroniker, Techniker, technische Assistenten und Laboranten, die interdisziplinär zusammenarbeiten.

http://www.bka.de/

Stephi_B 06-26-2010 08:52 AM

^same thing, the bka has a hiring stop too. the only state sectors spared so far by the govt are education and research (not that they have that much budget anyway, but at least they still hire ppl)

YsaPur EsChomuw 06-26-2010 08:58 AM

^ the whole world is grinding into a halt, so it seems.
My sister has been made redundant, together with quite a number of others - she worked at the university doing some research in the field of physics.

Frieda 06-26-2010 12:33 PM

^ & ^^ sorry to hear that..

maybe all the unemployed chemists / phycicsicsisctstscts can team up and find a way to get rid of all the oil in the mexican gulf?

lukkucairi 06-26-2010 01:55 PM

^ quite possibly, seems like there'll be quite a future economy in abatement and remediation of this kind of thing.

even if we quit doing this stupid stuff, there's plenty of work to go around from picking up the debris of the 20th century.

good luck to all finding jobs - any electronics engineers out there looking to collaborate on some LED art?

Marcus Bales 06-27-2010 10:50 AM

Brynn is the FIRST EVER winner of BOTH the Dictionary Game and the Yranoitcid Emag at the same time!

Odbe 06-29-2010 01:54 AM

I took a photo yesterday and I want to share it with you all:

Frieda 06-29-2010 02:53 PM

^ooooooo magical! :)

may please steal it for a mobile phone background image?

Odbe 06-29-2010 11:25 PM

no worries mate! :)

lukkucairi 07-01-2010 03:50 PM

^^^ amazing amazing amazing :D thanks for sharing!

brightpearl 07-01-2010 04:27 PM

^It really is lovely. Is it a stork or a pelican or something? I suppose Odbe is in the best position to know...
You need to draw that up, girl, by the way. :)