ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Mo's Posts (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=16705)

zero 02-14-2009 01:31 PM

och mo - it's that "itchy cat" thread that's upset you isn't it? frankly, i felt the same way when i saw it. but as my 93yrs old neighbour used to say to me each morning "aye son, ye've jist got tae keep goin, so yehave'"

MoJoRiSin 02-14-2009 09:57 PM

di you mean that I should keep going or that i should keep going?
again, confusion abounds

zero 02-15-2009 02:52 PM

now you're just angling for a ★HUG★

MoJoRiSin 02-15-2009 11:18 PM

*HUGS are alright anytime
even on
Sunday
otherwise mo will be resting on that day
(from now on)

MoJoRiSin 02-16-2009 09:58 PM

yes that would work...
Jazz, perfect!
surely then you wouldn't stop with your complaining! :)

MoJoRiSin 02-17-2009 01:06 AM

movie review fro a movie mo has not seen although i am a huge fan of Aquarello at fil

Au Hasard Balthazar, 1966
[Balthazar]Balthazar is a farm animal - a donkey - born into a life of servitude: a beast of burden destined to work the land, carry bales of hay, provide occasional transportation. His harsh, often exploited existence is paralleled through the life of Marie (Anne Wiazemsky), a reticent young woman whose father (Philippe Asselin) has been asked to maintain a friend's farm after tragedy compels the owners to leave. Years later, the owner's son, Jacques (Walter Green), returns to the farm to profess his support for Marie's father, whose reputation has been ruined by persistent debt and rumors surrounding the unresolved ownership and usage of the farm. Jacques is devoted to Marie, but his declaration of love is received with complacent resignation. Instead, Marie is drawn to Gerard (Francois Lafarge), a cruel young man whose participation in the church choir is a facade for his activities as a thief and smuggler. Balthazar's ownership passes to a baker (Francois Sullerot) and his wife (M.C. Fremont), and into Gerard's hands, who delivers their baked goods and collects payment. Inevitably, an ailing Balthazar is turned over to Gerard's accomplice, Arnold (Jean-Claude Guilbert), a career criminal suspected of murder, and begins a new life as a guide animal, then a circus attraction, before being sold at auction to a miserly, abusive merchant (Pierre Klossowski). When Gerard spurs Marie, she turns to the merchant for companionship, but is led further down a path of hopelessness and despair.

Au Hasard Balthazar is a haunting, subtly disturbing, and thematically uncompromising portrait of man's innate cruelty and destructive impulses. Through the transfiguration of a mistreated animal as an allegorical symbol of virtue, purity, and redemption, Robert Bresson creates a visually spare and indelible film of startling intensity: the symbolic image of Marie, Gerard, and Balthazar in the snow; the framed shot of a humiliated Marie against the back closet of the farmhouse; the final, sublime shot of Balthazar with the grazing sheep. Alone in the countryside, wandering and without direction, Balthazar finds a place of peace...his sanctuary.

© Acquarello 2000. All rights reserved.

MoJoRiSin 02-17-2009 10:15 PM

Memorable quotes for
My Geisha (1962) More at IMDb

advertisement
[last lines]
Paul Robaix: Keep bowing, you little ham.
Sam Lewis: I'm not a philosopher; I'm a film producer!
This movie is worth putting in you queue
I am thinking about the Japanese man's monologue
when he is describing how a geisha is trained
silly trivia:
2 characters names :: Yoko and Paul

zero 02-19-2009 11:08 AM

here you go mo here's something

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lindseyweber...abbey-road-ru/

MoJoRiSin 02-19-2009 09:05 PM

^ yes that is something for mo... t u !
Moshéh (M. T.), Mouses , Moses . In Ex., ii, 10, a derivation from the Hebrew Mashah (to draw) is implied. Josephus and the Fathers assign the Coptic mo (water) and uses (saved) as the constituent parts of the name. Nowadays the view of Lepsius, tracing the name back to the Egyptian mesh (child), is widely patronized by Egyptologists, but nothing decisive can be established

he saved the aquarium woman? ;)

MoJoRiSin 02-19-2009 09:20 PM

what mo actually meant to type
believe it or not

was this ::

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...us-Posters.jpg

well i was going after the waves/snake/double M's but here is a link to a more honest visual ^ ;)

MoJoRiSin 02-19-2009 11:46 PM

3 words

white black read

Caspian Tern:

Physical Characteristics: Deep red bill, often with indistinct black ring at tip, black legs, black cap with very slight crested appearance, white face, neck, breast, and belly, pale gray back and upperwings, pale underwings with dusky gray on outer 5-6 primaries, white tail

MoJoRiSin 02-25-2009 12:26 AM

just because a really smart dude invented the dishwasher
and another figured out how to truck the amanas
all over
this tar nation
??

MoJoRiSin 02-25-2009 12:27 AM

what exactly does the queen do?

MoJoRiSin 02-25-2009 06:25 PM

Question
The crescent in the Turkish flag is said to be a new moon. It was confirmed by the Turkish embassy when I made sure with them. But the horns of the crescent are pointing to the right, which suggests that it is not actually a new moon because the horns of a new moon are always pointing to the left. I once thought if it was a reflection in a pool of blood after a severe fighting which ended up in Turks` victory as one legend says, no wonder the crescent is pointing to the right because it is a mirror image. But actually it is not true. When the mirror is placed horizontally on the ground, the mirror image becomes upside down, but the right and the left stay as they are. I would be very grateful if you could provide a final showdown of why the crescent in the Turkish flag is said to be a new moon. Thank you.

MoJoRiSin 02-25-2009 06:35 PM

Flag protocol dictates that flags painted on vehicles such as planes and trains appear as if they are flying the way the wind would be blowing them when the vehicle is moving forward.
Mo feels pretty darned stupid right now