ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   ¿ question of the day ? (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12191)

Coffee 05-14-2008 02:41 PM

Oatmeal, ice cream, or hell...anything you can stuff in a food processor and mechanically "pre-chew". :D

brightpearl 05-14-2008 02:46 PM

that's the WHOLE bass

YsaPur EsChomuw 05-14-2008 03:10 PM

Erm... I wouldn't experiment with anything too hot or too cold. It might hurt like hell. As far as I remember, do did the sour and sweet stuff.

lukkucairi 05-14-2008 03:26 PM

OK, I'm a masochist from the Caribbean - I put hot pepper and lemon juice on EVERYTHING :p

even my throat after I had my tonsils out at age 31 - weirdly the pepper really helped a LOT - I think it reset the pain sensor nerves in my throat or something, or gave me a local endorphin rush, and wasn't that hurty to drink to begin with.

of course your Netherlands locals might frown on such a practice...

YsaPur EsChomuw 05-14-2008 03:39 PM

Pain thresholds differ, I guess. When I had problems with my teeth, I ate just a little bit of chocolate and it hurt so much I wanted to scrape the plaster off the ceiling...

auntie aubrey 05-14-2008 04:36 PM

cottage cheese (if you don't have that, i hear quark is a good substitute)
yogurt or kiefer. mmmmmmmmm kiefer.... *drool*

and to make sure you're getting all of your vitamins and nutrients, i highly recommend the "green drink." it's really delicious and super good for you:

2 apples, cored
2 big handfuls of spinach
1/2 cup of chopped parsley
1 celery stick, chopped
1 thumbnail length of ginger root, peeled
1 lemon - juice only (use peel slice for zest)
1 medium cucumber

blend all of the ingredients together and enjoy. add some apple juice if it's not sweet enough for you.

brightpearl 05-14-2008 05:33 PM

Lulu, cayenne is a common folk remedy for sore throats...I use it all the time. :) The capsacin shorts out the pain receptors in short order, and then they need time to recover before they send you hurty messages again, hahaha. They even put it in some arthritis creams -- my granny used to use it.

And auntie, that sounds really yummy...I got a new blender for my birfday and will have to try it!!

AND...I am broke, so if anyone wants to kick into today's soft food ideas question with ways to dress up Ramen ideas, feel free.

Frieda 05-14-2008 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntie aubrey (Post 386711)
cottage cheese (if you don't have that, i hear quark is a good substitute)
yogurt or kiefer. mmmmmmmmm kiefer.... *drool*

and to make sure you're getting all of your vitamins and nutrients, i highly recommend the "green drink." it's really delicious and super good for you:

2 apples, cored
2 big handfuls of spinach
1/2 cup of chopped parsley
1 celery stick, chopped
1 thumbnail length of ginger root, peeled
1 lemon - juice only (use peel slice for zest)
1 medium cucumber

blend all of the ingredients together and enjoy. add some apple juice if it's not sweet enough for you.

oh this sounds nice-- i've been eating fruit from the blender mostly, apples, pears, bananas, pineapple and strawberries, never thought of tossing in some veggies-- don't you still have to chew on that? oh i'm going to try anyway :)

for ramen:
szechuan: soy sauce for the wok, garlic, sugar, chopped bell peppers (red & green), leek, spring onions, corn, corn starch to make sauce thicker, bean sprouts and something we call "sambal" which is very spicy. use sambal oelek for this sauce.

sweet & sour: soy sauce for the wok, garlic, some thick tomato sauce, corn starch, green pepper, white pepper, ginger and lemon juice-- also nice with bamboo sprouts, chopped cucumber, bell peppers and leek

auntie aubrey 05-14-2008 08:43 PM

you won't have to chew if you blend the shit out of it. the spinach blends down quite nicely, actually.

T.I.P. 05-14-2008 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero (Post 386631)
o good here comes terry

i bet he can think himself entirely into a crab's shoes and post a vivid account of the experience

oh yes it's unfortunate that i was called away at this moment by a very important phone call from the prime minister of Botswana. I had a crab rendition of "Waiting for Godot" that would have brought tears to your eyes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frieda (Post 386654)
i had my wisdom tooth out last week and all i can eat is soft food--
i'm totally out of inspiration, what would you eat? any good ideas? please? :):)

soft shelled crab !

'tis the season

zero 05-15-2008 10:47 AM

¿..............................?
question of the thursday 15 may

out of all your stuff what's the oldest thing

¿..............................?

brightpearl 05-15-2008 10:55 AM

My real self.

My son has some fossilized dinosaur poop, though.
It shines up prettier than you might think.

I'm going to cling to that metaphor for a few minutes. :D

Frieda 05-15-2008 12:48 PM

family trinkets from the 1800s. jewelry and newspaper clippings and photos, also perfume bottles and lipstick from the early 1900s.

and i'd also like to note that my tv dates from 1985. in fact, it looks more outdated than the last-century lipstick! :eek:

YsaPur EsChomuw 05-15-2008 01:59 PM

I think the oldest object I have is a small copper coin from 1858. It says: K.K.OESTERREICHISCHE SCHEIDEMÜNZE and it lives on my shelf. (I was quite taken aback when I first looked up the word I didn't understand. But of course, it has other meanings as well...)

auntie aubrey 05-15-2008 02:10 PM

depends on what you mean by stuff and thing. if it's a manmade thing i've got some pretty old books. but if you're using stuff and thing to mean anystuff and anything, i'd have to say my rock collection. they may have been dug up and polished recently but the minerals themselves have been in existence since long before you or i or any of our ancestors dreamed of digging that hole in the ground.

and actually, since everything we're made of originated in the heart of the big bang you could argue that everything is just as old as everything else. just maybe in different shapes.