ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Up In Smoke. (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=8116)

JesusTitties 04-27-2005 09:21 AM

Up In Smoke.

I do not like smokers. And i do not mind that they have recently, this year, passed a law that you can no longer smoke anywhere indoors, bars, restaurants, anywhere. I do not mind that a pack costs close to 10. dollars and i do not care that there are huge anti smoking camps.' all over the city that show horrid pictures of rotted out lungs and stories of widows to second hand smoke.

I am always the one, who has to sit beside the smoker during a class, lunch time, on the subway or during a conference - fresh out of the rain, and smelling like a cross between a jar of smashed ass and a light dusting of ear puss.

Furthermore, i get offended when someone is smoking near me and i can see it in their mannerism that the thought that they are blowing smoke towards a non smoker never crossed their mind. I grew up in a smoking household, and my parents idea of a non-smoke environment was to blow the smoke away from my face, rather than towards it. As a result, i am allergic almost fatally, to second hand smoke. My throat blows up like a balloon and i have to get rushed to the hospital if worse enough.

Smoking is a dirty, filthy disgusting habit and addictive, cool or simply something to hold while in a bar or at a party - no longer cuts it.

What spawns this now┐
My collegue smokes, and we are in an environment that has limited air supply and is closed. I let it go for for 2 weeks until saying something. It rained tonight, and the smell of wet cigarette on him was almost enough to make me throw up. I mentioned it, it was awkward and i do not care.

If you smoke - stop.
It would be far less offensive if you just went around shitting your pants. At least you could take a shower and you would have neat nicknames, such as Mr. Shittypants, or Duff McShorts.

Marcus Bales 04-27-2005 11:50 AM

Don't beat around the bush like that, Jesustitties, come right out and say what you mean.

Audreyvgs 04-27-2005 12:07 PM

I wish to hell you were here so you could beat the hell out of me til i could quit. Damn, im so freakin weak. and, evidently I smell like smashed ass. hahahahaha but seriously tho. Please sit on me and don't let me up for like 2 weeks. If it rains, i'll wash my clothes.

Saxifrage 04-27-2005 04:21 PM

You know what is really annoying, assholes. All this effort to keep second hand smoke out of public places but they still let the assholes in. Why isn't someone lobbying against that? They let me stroll in where ever I damn well please knowing full well that I am going to piss someone off. I smoke as well, it isn't required but it is a very good prop in assisting assholery. Nothing is more fun than going into a deli or some such place, sitting down, light up a cigarette and start talking politics very loudly.

As a smoker I always attempt to have consideration for non-smokers. I don't mind No-smoking businesses and such but where it goes wrong is telling an owner of a private business that he can not allow smoking in his establishment. Where does that end? Banning smoking in peoples homes, their cars? Non-smokers need to worry more about what industries are filling our air with, they are doing 100 times the damage to your lungs that me and my ciggy are.

As far as the co-worker goes if he stinks he stinks, whether it be from BO or smoke. That is a human resources problem, whatever the stench, if it impedes work then something must be done.

Quote:

I wish to hell you were here so you could beat the hell out of me til i could quit. Damn, im so freakin weak. and, evidently I smell like smashed ass. hahahahaha but seriously tho. Please sit on me and don't let me up for like 2 weeks. If it rains, i'll wash my clothes.
Here's what you need:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quitters,_Inc

zenbabe 04-27-2005 07:38 PM

I really hate that sour smell that only comes from really fat people. What is that anyway?

Walmart smells like that.

Max Headroom 04-27-2005 07:46 PM

I live in Montreal,

I gave up on being offended by cigarette smoke and stinky people a long time ago...

JesusTitties 04-27-2005 08:31 PM

Non-smokers need to worry more about what industries are filling our air with, they are doing 100 times the damage to your lungs that me and my ciggy are.

You are creating a new arguement that has no relationship to the original. Non Smokers dont dislike second hand smoke because its a pollutant. They dislike it because you as a smoker are forcing their lungs to endure what fate you have already chosen for yourself.

If you want to discuss the environment - then start a greenpeace thread.

Mary 04-27-2005 08:41 PM

I agree w/ JT. Smoking sucks.
I've seen too many mess themselves up with cigs. :/
I understand, though, that it's an addiction and not somehting you can go, "ok! done!" about. I just hope that those who do smoke at least try their damndest to quit and live healthier.

Hermione 04-27-2005 08:43 PM

Me too

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusTitties
i am allergic almost fatally, to second hand smoke. My throat blows up like a balloon and i have to get rushed to the hospital if worse enough.

sparticle 04-28-2005 01:37 AM

My 19-year-old son smokes. His breath, his clothes, his body, his bedroom, his car and his belongings are all saturated with the acrid smell of stale smoke.

He coughs at night. He coughs when he wakes up in the morning. He catches every upper respiratory ailment that makes the rounds. His appetite is poor, and he doesn't weigh all that much anyway.

He gets cranky and nasty if he goes for five minutes without a cigarette. Since he is not permitted to smoke in the house, he gets nasty about it with us.

He spends a lot of money on cigarettes, and he doesn't make very much to begin with.

The yard is littered with cigarette butts. There are burn marks on the porch floorboards.

The movies, music and entertainment venues/social circles he enjoys are telling him that smoking is cool, rebellious, avant garde, sexy, tough and fashionable. When he's in his "chip on shoulder" mode, that's what he'd have us believe, too. Yet I don't think I've ever seen anyone so miserably chained to an obnoxious, expensive, socially limiting habit in my life. He occasionally admits that he wants to quit and that he cannot.

Smoking is a lot of things, but glamorous and free are not words that come to mind when I see my son hunched over in the freezing wet wind trying frantically to leach nicotine out of a smelly little cylinder of burning paper....

And he is only 19.

xfox 04-28-2005 01:43 AM

I wish I could lose my HABIT. Maybe a 12 step program would work. The toxicity is one thing, but it's so de classee'. I use this mantra: Calm down, feel better - whenever I can get a grip on myself. Down to 3/day, but keep thinking of the 123 year old woman who died in the 1980's in France and was down to 1/day.

Audreyvgs 04-28-2005 12:38 PM

Well, Hell. I'll quit, and then still smell sour, so what would be the point then.

Max Headroom 04-28-2005 02:07 PM

I know a man who smokes, just so that he can quit smoking. He does it at least 2 times a year.

dinzdale 04-28-2005 03:37 PM

We're here, we're smokers
Get used to it.

Or not.

Whatever....

melissa 04-28-2005 03:45 PM

My bf quit smoking!!