ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   where we leave messages for each other (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7615)

Frieda 04-28-2008 05:37 PM

anyone that speaks dutch?? :rolleyes:

"dat zet geen zoden aan de dijk"

"zoden" (blocks of peat) were used to fix dikes if they were about to break. if you say, dat zet geen zoden aan de dijk, you mean that what someone else is doing to get something done is pretty useless.

like shoveling a big pile of mud with a teaspoon or something.

YsaPur EsChomuw 04-29-2008 09:25 AM

Hi Stephi! Any update on the dove?

Stephi_B 04-29-2008 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukkucairi (Post 385448)
thanks thanks for the bavarianness :D

I need some of that blue white heart tape stuff!

You're more than welcome! Here it is, the tape: http://www.flaggen-pehl.de/product_i...031f8d56138028

:)

^Oi, the dove.... :(
It was like that: Two eggs were laid, mommy & daddy dove in turn sat on them, but one of them was very scared (we guess daddy dove, of course from an evolutionary pov his own life is more important than that of the kiddies - there's enough girl doves around here...). Although we sneaked very cautiously around he always flew off like the devil would be after him - even when we only moved too fast within our office with or without door closed. So, somewhen overlast weekend (I wasn't even outside to smoke although in office) he managed to throw down and smash one of the eggs during such a flight (there is also a cat fed by the campus caretaker who always sneaks round the fire escape stairs close to our balustrade, maybe he fled of her sneaking round?) and after that both doves abandoned the nest. As the nest was too light then, the wind blew it down one night (last Wednesday night I think), smashing the remaining egg (well the baby bird was surely dead already)........ :(

YsaPur EsChomuw 04-29-2008 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephi_B (Post 385557)
Oi, the dove.... :(

Too bad. :(

When I was a kid I remember reading a tale about doves being not very good nest-makers.

How's your thesis? Growing? ;)

Stephi_B 04-29-2008 09:48 AM

Yep, but it's a sissiphus thing, for every page I write in the main part, I discover I need to write another two, three in the appendices!! And it's going still too slowly, I fear I'll have to ask boss for one more week tomorrow :o

YsaPur EsChomuw 04-29-2008 09:57 AM

Do you think s/he'll be surprised? Isn't it a universal law in the field of thesis writing? You know, the you-always-need-a-few-more-days axiom, or something like that. ;)

Stephi_B 04-29-2008 10:00 AM

(yes, he knows about that axiom well, too well unfortunately... we already did apply that, mmh? twice?)

YsaPur EsChomuw 04-29-2008 10:09 AM

*chuckles quietly* Well, I guess you've got to finish up soon, then.

Unless you dare to come up with some outrageously bold excuses, like 'My little sister's drunk art teacher came up with a silly 'art' project and made paper aeroplanes of the existing thesis pages then crashed them into my computer, causing it to explode, as a belated tribute to 11/9.'

auntie aubrey 04-30-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

The medical term for uneven pupil size is ANISOCORIA.

Nearly fifteen percent of all healthy people have some degree of anisocoria.
maybe this should have gone in the "people not on this board" thread.

Marcus Bales 04-30-2008 03:32 PM

Anna Socoria? She sat next to me in Calculus. Smart girl, and pretty, though one breast was slightly larger than the other ...

brightpearl 04-30-2008 11:47 PM

Oh noes!
HFOX!
Speak to me!!!!

Marcus Bales 05-01-2008 12:37 AM

He's busy.

Jack Flanders 05-01-2008 12:50 AM

snort.

trisherina 05-01-2008 01:07 AM

Start by knowing what you don't know.

Jack Flanders 05-01-2008 01:18 AM

sorry, I don't know anything. :(