ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   This Is The Thread Where We Have An Announcement To Make... (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12624)

Frieda 06-04-2008 08:23 PM

^ wooo owoooowowowowwooooooo tinabina! :D yay!

need us to pick another name?? :D

Jack Flanders 06-06-2008 02:40 AM

congrats!!

Marcus Bales 06-06-2008 08:00 AM

Just watch out for those firemen with their big pumps.

lukkucairi 06-06-2008 03:21 PM

I'm renting warehouse space! The $hrine is finally moving out of our house and into a proper workspace! I am very happy :D

Brynn 06-06-2008 03:28 PM

hey, good for you! Now you also have a great place to throw dance parties.

lukkucairi 06-06-2008 03:59 PM

^ oh yes, and we know how to throw dance parties :cool:

plus, I'll be moving in next to this thing, and it's got an amazing sound system :)

DSCN0844

Brynn 06-06-2008 04:11 PM

i think a specific plan is forming - a warehouse warming, perhaps?

lukkucairi 06-06-2008 07:25 PM

yes, most definitely!

you're invited, if you bring yourself out to SLC :)

that goes for the rest of you as well :D

Jack Flanders 06-07-2008 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Bales (Post 388075)
Just watch out for those firemen with their big pumps.

No, I'll let you do that. I've got better things to do.

Marcus Bales 06-07-2008 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Flanders (Post 388176)
No, I'll let you do that. I've got better things to do.

You're missing out! ...

Stephi_B 06-07-2008 12:05 PM

I'll support Portugal and Russia in the European Football Championship. Aye! :)
(thing is starting this evening, I should really get into gear to get my household scores done!! And organise maybe some deco for the balcony)

Yes, OK, the German team will get some wee support too,
(where's my wee flag from the World Cup??) BUT only if they don't stand in the way of my Russian and Portuguese babes! ;)

Frieda 06-07-2008 08:31 PM

* cough *

:mad:

Stephi_B 06-09-2008 12:04 PM

Wait, wait, I'm a flag legasthenic, the colours were OK, but in the wrong order....

Anyways I missed all games till now, on Sa there was this cool reggae/ska band playing live just two blocks from me and there were two Brazilian chicas making such excellent caipis and all the punks were dancing and their dogs too :) or at least wagging their tails with the rhythm (really! dogs like reggae mefigures), so I missed the Portugal vs Turkey game, but I heard Portugal won cos from somewhere down the road there came two cheers and sth like "Yay! Portugal!".
On Sun I had an evil pollen allergy attack (actually it felt like migraine meets flu) all day long, I felt so bad it interested me a flying sh!t who plays or wins. Today I learned this is due to Ambrosia such a plant that (normally not growing in Germany) spread north and is so aggressive that in my quarter (I just read that in the news) they will set in a special squads kinda to pick them beasts and deposit them in special garbage bins for Ambrosia only.
Yes and then I wasn't buying flags yet, first I couldn't get my ass out of the internet cafe, then my friend called me to meet. But the neighbour above me has a HUGE black-red-gold one, so I'll organise those of Portugal, Russia AND the NETHERLANDS :) (as a descendent of Flamic beaver hunters I have to ;)). My balcony will look like the UN building :D

lukkucairi 06-10-2008 12:13 PM

OK, I'm now the parent of two almost-fledged pigeon squabs :o

The realtor was adamant that the roof of our house in Hyrum couldn't be fixed to sell until the family of four pigeons who'd moved in had been evicted, and she couldn't find anyone in the entire valley who was willing to go climb around on our steep front gable to do it. So last Sunday we drove up with bird netting and bird spikes and assorted implements of destruction to go do the dirty deed.

It turned out that the squabs were almost-but-not-quite fledged. I didn't feel like leaving them there in a tree to freak out, fly to the ground, and be eaten by the next-door-neighbor's cats, so I put them in a box and brought them back to Salt Lake with us. Now they're living in a cage in the spare bathroom, and I'm tube feeding them 3x a day with Kay-Tee Exact baby bird formula. We blocked off the access to the niche where their parents were nesting, so hopefully our roof-related pigeon problems won't recur.

But now I have pigeons. They're beginning to hand-tame. I'm a bit bemused by the whole thing. I feel a bit like Bert from Sesame Street.

Marcus Bales 06-10-2008 09:45 PM

It's not really my announcement, but my brother sent me this article and video from WIRED that announces the new Moog Guitar. It's amazing.

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/06/...nveils-ba.html