ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

Brynn 05-09-2006 07:11 PM

Triple D, yousoipiptesissed that one, yes you did.

dddrum 05-10-2006 03:50 AM

Clapping my hands and saying "Yeah!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brynn
Triple D, yousoipiptesissed that one, yes you did.

There, dear Brynn, is a verb that (I think it would be safe to say) was entirely unanticipated by the lexicological (lexicolonic??) community. For that, I nominate you for a gold star and a purple jellybean.

Ah, now I'm all verklemmt.

Sentimentally ill,
DDD

Hyakujo's Fox 05-10-2006 10:47 AM

The Flaming Oesophagus Aaaaahward goes to daverbee for his alkaline solution:

isopiptesis

The antacid preferred 10 to 1 by most physicists.

The There's A Lot Of It Going Around Award goes to Master_Jedi for

isopiptesis- a college class in which only rabid chickens can pass. or a disease where you make up stupid definitions for the hell of it.

The I Really Must Mingle Award goes to xfox for

isopiptesis -a condition caused by the suffering of others when bumbling opinions on life are a said in haste.

In so many words isopiptesis gripped Sylvia, while serving the young soul another portion from the opulent buffet, and she didn't know why.

The Shameless Attempt To Ride To First Place On The Back Of A Wave Of Da Vinci Code Mania Award goes to 12"razormix for

isopiptesis, n.

a painting or photograph that contains another ( hidden ) picture of equivalent meaning and/or value

"LONDON (AP) -- Experts at London's National Gallery said on Friday they had discovered a new Leonardo Da Vinci isopiptesis, hidden underneath another painting by the Italian master.
This is the first time a new Da Vinci has been discovered since the 1930s, when the "Ginevra de' Benci'' and "The Madonna of the Carnation'' were attributed to him.
Experts using infrared techniques found the sketch hidden beneath the delicate brushstrokes of Da Vinci's "The Virgin on the Rocks,'' a powerful study of Christ's mother in a rather gloomy cavern that hangs in the National Gallery. ..."
a woman kneeling in front of baby jesus with one hand clutched to her breast, the other reaching out to him ( unfinished )

The Oscar goes. To Marcus Bales for

isopiptesis -- a rhetorical technique of referring back to the original sentence in subsequent sentences.

All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his." --Oscar Wilde

The Things Are Looking Up Award goes to LeahDear for

isopiptesis

A neck problem suffered by weather reporters.

The Horny Scotsman Memorial Sporran goes to Brynn for

isopiptesis n. a combination of alienation, isolation and agitation brought on by being teased unmercifully, which then becomes heightened by vain efforts to be a good sport about it anyway.

In an attempt to quell his symptoms of severe isopiptesis brought on when John made the mistake of modelling his new leather "work kilt" for his guests, he waited for them to leave before proceeding to eat two pounds of raw chocolate chip cookie dough with leftover beer.

The Runner's Up Oversized Platter of Relief goes of dddrum for

Isopiptesis - an exclamation of emphasis uttered after garnering no response with the statement, "Ipiptesis".

But

for an inspirational performance after suffering a severe agogment, the Winner's Yoke goes to trisherina for the suitably absurd

isopiptesis: The term describing the equal concentration of backup singers both inside and outside of Gladys Knight.

Hyakujo's Fox 05-11-2006 10:10 PM

You can't hide for ever, you know.

Marcus Bales 05-12-2006 08:12 AM

Looks like Dddrum's up. What's the new word?

Hyakujo's Fox 05-12-2006 10:47 AM

Okay, since it's verging on the weak end, I'm hereby declaring it open season!

Hyakujo's Fox 05-12-2006 11:14 AM

YES, YOU HEARD IT RIGHT FOLKS! WALK RIGHT UP AND PLONK A WORD DOWN NO QUESTIONS ASKED. WE POST THE SLUDGE - YOU BE THE JUDGE!

Hyakujo's Fox 05-12-2006 11:27 AM

GO RIGHT AHEAD THEN, I DON'T CARE.

Hyakujo's Fox 05-12-2006 11:28 AM

Trisherina usually turns up about now, I'd get in quick if I were you.

Brynn 05-12-2006 03:18 PM

Uhhh, erm - maybe until she gets back.
How about creating a definition for
trisherina?

Marcus Bales 05-12-2006 04:16 PM

Okay, Brynn's the judge, and the new word is trisherina

trisherina - A sweet alcoholic mixed drink made from equal parts of cola, cherry schnapps, and vanilla cognac.

Coffee 05-12-2006 11:22 PM

Trisherina

An existentialist play from 1922 by the French playwrite Anton deFlakie, in which the actors purposely fail to show up for the performance. The "play" was only not-performed once before a live audience during the lifetime of deFlakie. Scathing reviews of the first performace described the lack of performance and no audience member ever showed up for the 2 subsequent attempts to not-run the play in 1923 and during the retrospective of deFlakie's work during the 1954 Paris film festival. However an obscure San Fransisco Haight Asbury street theatre company scheduled 7 performances on the corner of Haight Asbury in 1969, and without realizing it many pedestrians unwittingly walked through all 7 non-performances giving the play it's most succesful run ever. Interviews with some of the accidental witnesses of the play described it typically in the vein of; "Like wow man, there was a play..whoa, hey Frankie...what was in those doobies? I never saw a thing dude". One acid using theatre fan faithfully showed up for all 7 of the HA performances and judged day 3 to be the quintisential rendering of the work.

xfox 05-13-2006 12:36 AM

Trisherina Twiggy's first cousin, who is much smarter, and younger with little flair for fame. She is also way more attractive and just as perky, living a fine, fun, quiet life in Canada.

funkytuba 05-13-2006 01:45 AM

tri·she·rim·er - Dinz' fantasy of having three women like rmr at once

Brynn 05-13-2006 05:01 AM

These are all very interesting definitions - as interim judge, I am very impressed by Coffee's definition and feel that it comes closest to what a trisherina would most enjoy in the way of being defined. Therefore, I declare Coffee the interim winner, free to do whatever he wants until the actual trisherina shows up and provides a new word.
Congratulations!