ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

MoJoRiSin 07-18-2009 08:42 PM

^ :D you are a great writer dddrum !! (huge smiley goes here)

Brynn 07-18-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Bales (Post 413346)
abligurition - sniveling and whingeing

Brynn's abligurition in the kerfluffle over her award of winner in the last round of The Dictionary Game was Nixonian in its amplitude and frequency.

What does that make you - Deep Throat? :p

abligurition - n. the nimble sidestepping of a petty or ridiculous obligation.

Her sister-in-law had purposely re-gifted a sterling silver goblet directly back to her, so when it came to composing the mandatory thank-you note, Blanche opted for lavish gratitude with a hint of sarcasm over complete abligurition.

Marcus Bales 07-20-2009 09:44 AM

abligurition - the opposite of "six-pack" - what your abs look like after a year of McDonald's.

Brynn's training regimen for her trip across country to find herself resulted in a spectacular fitness to rival that of members of the women's soccer team or beach volleyball professionals; but, alas, at the end of her journey abligurition had taken its toll.

Brynn 07-22-2009 04:35 PM

abliguration - n. a barrage of disparaging personal comments designed to elicit a response, thus dignifying said comments.

"Oh please don't invite him," wailed Blanche. "His abligurations are so desperately flirtatious that I always have this uncontrollable urge to cover his head with kisses loaded with the saliva of my pity and compassion. "

Marcus Bales 07-23-2009 08:01 PM

abligurition - bald from kisses loaded with the saliva of pity and compassion.

Hyakujo's Fox was jealous of Marcus's abligurition.

xfox 07-23-2009 11:52 PM

abligurition state in which opinions are selectively rejected.

My good health permits total abligurition of the last DG round.

YsaPur EsChomuw 07-23-2009 11:55 PM

abligurition the complete wipe-out of a small nation/language by means of annexing their country

kaskeens 07-24-2009 07:04 AM

okay ppl judging on sunday get em in!!!

Marcus Bales 07-25-2009 09:32 AM

abligurition - a promise unlikely to be fulfilled; the making of such a promise.

Nearly everyone on the Zefrank Board read the post and concluded it was mere abligurition.

MoJoRiSin 07-25-2009 01:15 PM

abligurition - an invitation that is later remembered as a definitive promise.

best shown by the following example ::

an invitation to become enlightened (ie "here i will point the way **through a door that may or may not really exist door** as this one stepped through (aka chasm crossed)
that many years later is remembered as being promised a thing will happen (ie "you are not a real guru! I am the same!")

please feel free to edit this since mo does not have a way with words:)

Marcus Bales 07-26-2009 12:59 AM

Al B. Gurition -- noted fund-raiser for the Garfield presidential campaign; inventor of the slogan "Garfield: He'd Take A Bullet For His Country"

I saw the latest Peggy Noonan appearance on one of the talking head shows, and she's pretty far along the Al B. Gurition path, in my humble opinion.

Brynn 07-27-2009 09:51 PM

abligurition - compulsive clicking on a favorite thread for over twenty-four hours straight in order to get the view count up.

Hyakujo's Fox 07-28-2009 03:07 AM

abligurition (n) the renunciation of false teeth

Historians place the beginning of the long decline of the Abliguritionist Party at its founding.

treekisser 07-28-2009 11:40 AM

abligurition n. the interval between the point in time that a TDG judge announces his/her intent to judge a round and the time that s/he actually gets around to doing it; a period of anxiety during which members of a group act out to ease tension.

Brynn, for one, finds the abligurition phase to be her favorite part of The Dictionary Game.

Marcus Bales 07-29-2009 10:23 AM

albigurition - the writing down of an oral history.

Homer, whoever he was, and however many of him, or her, there were, can be said to have been the first albiguritionist.