ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

Marcus Bales 10-12-2005 03:11 PM

Antichthon - the Knight of the Round Table who replaced Gawain

Coffee 10-12-2005 06:12 PM

antichthon; contraction of Antique-athon.

Televised antique auctions.

xfox 10-13-2005 10:35 AM

antichthon a personality disorder resulting from childhood when one's parents or teachers suggest the youngster should begin digging for China.

Totally bewildered, Johnny looked around for some soft ground as antichthon began setting in. Later in life he was found in a state of severe antichthon.

trisherina 10-13-2005 11:46 AM

antichthon: A transparent excuse for forgetting to do your spelling homework.

dddrum 10-14-2005 03:32 PM

Okay, class. Come to order, it's time for the judging.

[Let me first interject that it's too bad I didn't see that new KFC ad sooner, or the word would definitely have been sidehog. :confused: ]

Anyhow, to business:

The Phrontisery defines antichthon as a "hypothetical second Earth on the opposite side of the sun." There was a great cheesy movie made about that concept, back in the sixties. Roy Thinnes starred, if memory serves... but I digress.

For his proximity to the actual definition, Coffee earns the prestigious Certificate of Disqualification with this entry:

Quote:

An aggressive xenophobic technically highly advanced spacefaring race of insectoid sentient beings inhabiting many of the stellar systems in the Orion arm of the Milky Way Galaxy. Rumor has it that they have located and are currently heading towards an as yet uncolonized 9 planet stellar system containing 4 gas giants (very attactive to the Antichthon race for their vast hydrogen, water, and methane resources) 4 rocky worlds, two of which are either immediatly colonizable or terraformable, and innumerable icy planetoids and planetesimals. Did I mention that they are carnivorous?
His second entry, however, snags the NOW You're Lexicogitatin'! Award:

Quote:

antichthon; contraction of Antique-athon.

Televised antique auctions.
Mmm. Now, that's Coffee!

Marcus Bales gets the Holy Grail for this deliverance from medieval:

Quote:

Antichthon - the Knight of the Round Table who replaced Gawain
Thine is the kingdom, Marcus... and the power.

The Glory, however, goes to xfox, who seems to've been doing her etymology homework in devising this fine entry:

Quote:

a personality disorder resulting from childhood when one's parents or teachers suggest the youngster should begin digging for China.
This playfully snarky entry nets Dinzdale the Bite the Hand That Judges You Prize (and a midnight visit from Spiny Norman, as well):

Quote:

The affected use of multiple letters at the beginning of a word to infer that one has a fashionable stutter.
e.g cccomplete, wwwanker, dddrum etc...
III'll hhhave you kkknow ttthose are mmmy innnitials, okkkay? :p

The colorful You've Got A Point There Ribbon is presented to trisherina for

Quote:

A transparent excuse for forgetting to do your spelling homework.
and the Hey, You're Referring To This Forum, Ain'tcha? Lightbulb goes on for glasshouse's

Quote:

A long and arduous race between friends, peers, or any other groups to come up with the most entertaining activities, stories, jokes, pranks, etc.
Nice ones, ladies.

To 12" razormix's entry:

Quote:

water
I can only respond: Water, you talking about?

Finally, the Grand Mal Prize and Official Winning Entry Doo Joor belongs to daverbee, for severe and prolonged ticklage of my funny bone with the following:

Quote:

antichthon

Yet another monster with a weird name in an HP Lovecraft short story.
Antichthon didn't have tentacles and teeth like most of Lovecraft's monsters, rather he killed his victims by singing Perry Como hits to them over and over and over and over and over...
Congratulations, daverbee! The floor is yours.

No, wait... that was figurative. The floor is not actually part of the prize! PUT THE CROWBAR DOWWWWWN!!!!

Aiiieeeee,
DDD

xfox 10-15-2005 01:49 PM

Movin' on up!

Marcus Bales 10-15-2005 03:32 PM

Okay, it looks as if Daverbee was serious about not ever wanting to win again, so that means 12"Razormix, in the Coveted Second Place slot gets the smug grin wiped off her face with the announcement that she won!

Take it away Razor!

Marcus

12"razormix 10-15-2005 03:50 PM

na - aaah! where does it say that i got 2nd price??

( i actually think he hated mine :D )

Marcus Bales 10-15-2005 03:52 PM

Too bad for you. The bleary judgment of the chocoloate-addicted Judicial Committee has been given. Pick a word!

12"razormix 10-15-2005 03:54 PM

*shakes fist at marcus bales*

damn you!

Marcus Bales 10-15-2005 04:33 PM

Yeah yeah. What's the new word?

12"razormix 10-15-2005 04:44 PM

come on dave, be nice and play ... :)

Marcus Bales 10-15-2005 04:58 PM

C'mon, Razor -- don't disappoint your adoring public. What's the new word?

Brynn 10-15-2005 09:22 PM

Her new word (that she has to judge the entries by) is...

Coffee 10-15-2005 11:31 PM

Fark that...go for the Glory xfox. Your's sounded better recieved.

Grumbles under breath about how my sci-fi genre but otherwise NOTHING AT ALL like the actual definition definition was rejected unfairly unfairly.