ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

Coffee 11-14-2005 09:00 PM

Juglandin

One of several proposed names for Nordic franchises of the Hooters restaurant chain.
Also considering; Hootmon, and UglebrystTitt

trisherina 11-14-2005 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dddrum
My dart-shaped response:

(sigh) Yes, I forgot to note the real definition of belemnoid, which is dart-shaped.

Marcus Bales 11-14-2005 11:23 PM

Juglandin - 960 - 1008, a courtier and poet in the court of Brian Boru, notable for his decadent wit in an age of fierce warfare against the Vikings. The only poem of his that has come down to us was incised on stone urn that may have been intended for his cremated remains. Translated from the Gaelic, with some contemporary liberties taken with such notions as "quidhe" (diapers) and "puthhin" (a gelatin sweetened with honey) it runs:

When you are old and bald, and what's not bald is gray,
And fine firm muscle falls in rolls of fat
Beneath your yellowed, liver-spotted skin;
When loud, wet, wracking coughs begin your day,
And wheezing weakness often knocks you flat
While constant tremors waggle every chin;
When rheumy eyes and short-term memories fail
To conjure names of relatives or friends,
And you no longer smell the smell of stale
Old urine leaking out of your Depends;
When all your teeth are gone and Jello ends
Up drooling from your lips in a bubbling trail;
When only hopes for death soothe your distress
My passion for you won't be one whit less.

Zatoichi 11-14-2005 11:58 PM

Juglandin -- n., fem., Ger. (YOOG-lahnd-een); Literally, a female native of Jugland, the territory south of East Frisia in one of the parts of the world that has been Dutch, German, Flemish and Frankish depending on how the last war came out. Colloquially, a Juglandin is one step down from an Ost-Friesin, whom a young man can admit to dating (though not bring home), and one step up from a Zigeunerin (gypsy woman) whom young Germans won't even admit to dating even if it's the only trim they've gotten in months.

Saying "I've got a Juglandin" these days means "I'm getting it kind of steady from someone I don't particularly want you to meet." Mostly this is due to looks or social status, since all the actual Juglandinnen and Juglander were wiped out long ago.

glasshouse 11-15-2005 01:34 AM

Juglandid - n. A hormone that causes people to appear differently than they really are. Found in high levels in the bodies of at least one of two people during their first 2-3 dates.

trisherina 11-15-2005 02:20 AM

Juglandin, see: Juglandid The opposite of pellucid, the object of a sentence can be said to be juglandid when it is sufficiently abstruse to provoke a yearning for anaesthesia.

Mme. Boulanger reported that the Ladies' Tea went on so late owing to a speaker who waxed juglandid for hours on the minutiae of designer glassware.

Juglandin: A mood-altering hormone produced whenever things are frustratingly unclear.

dinzdale 11-15-2005 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zatoichi
Juglandin -- n., fem., Ger. (YOOG-lahnd-een); Literally, a female native of Jugland, the territory south of East Frisia in one of the parts of the world that has been Dutch, German, Flemish and Frankish depending on how the last war came out. Colloquially, a Juglandin is one step down from an Ost-Friesin, whom a young man can admit to dating (though not bring home), and one step up from a Zigeunerin (gypsy woman) whom young Germans won't even admit to dating even if it's the only trim they've gotten in months.

Saying "I've got a Juglandin" these days means "I'm getting it kind of steady from someone I don't particularly want you to meet." Mostly this is due to looks or social status, since all the actual Juglandinnen and Juglander were wiped out long ago.

Zatsitchi wins.

Most of the rest were about tits. Which is just what I expected from you lot.
Shame.

Nice poem M.B, so 2nd place.

Actual def. - A substance obtained from the walnut family of plants. Use as a green or black dye.

Zatoichi 11-16-2005 12:33 AM

Cool-o-matic! (although I have a sneaking suspicion it's just a be-nice-to-newbie gesture).

Ladies and germs, your new word is

catadromous

Master_Jedi 11-16-2005 01:58 AM

catadromus- an event which is so catastrophic that you drone on and on about it, like marvin the robot in HGTTG

12"razormix 11-16-2005 05:52 AM

catadromous, adj.
dingy, shabby

( from Greek: [prefix] cata=down; [suffix] drome=run )

Ethel had become sick and tired of constantly admonishing Wilbur that she considered the situation unacceptable and that she would move out if he did not fix the catadromous living conditions that she found herself in since he had brought the two goats to live with them four months ago.

daverbee 11-16-2005 10:43 AM

Catadromous

The act of a doting pet owner bringing their favorite kitty to see a vast natural feature like the Grand Canyon or Yosemite. Usually involves the cat taking one look in a garbage can in the parking lot and then falling asleep.

Bernie admonished his wife Shirley not to be too catadromous when they stopped to give Fluffy a bit of exercise time.

Brynn 11-16-2005 06:09 PM

catadromous - (adj) to be in a permanent or semi-permanent state of conscious dreaming, often attributed to an emotionally traumatic event.

After the kidnapping, Blanche descended into a catadromous state in which she found herself back in her college days as a waitress, frantically trying to handle twelve parties of eight that never seemed to finish and never tipped.

dinzdale 11-16-2005 06:29 PM

catadromous (adj)

A film genre that encompasses the often hilarious exploits of a domestic feline.
This includes such films as That Darned Cat, The Aristocats, Homeward Bound or Puss in Boots.

Editors Note: When searching the internet, do not confuse with similar titles such as Pvssy for Sale, Amazing Pvssy Tricks or Puss 'n' Booty as they may be unsuitable for children.

xfox 11-17-2005 12:09 AM

catadromous n. the catalyst that life forms in the Andromeda Galaxy use to make contact with Earthlings. Termed by skeptics as too "far out" catadromous is a rare element found in particles of laser light.

trisherina 11-17-2005 12:40 AM

catadromous: From the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders IV (Text Revision), a compulsion that must be completed exactly nine times.

After listening to the White Album under the influence of methamphetamines, Gerald suffered a brief psychotic reaction and a catadromous compulsion involving dabbing the tip of his penis repeatedly with toilet paper after urination.