ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   gives you a happy (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=9399)

Stephi_B 11-25-2009 03:43 PM

:D Me has a first job offer :) :) :) :) In the Kreuzbergies they need a chemistry supply teacher by the end of January :) :) :) :) So I go there supplying them my chemistry :D

Frieda 11-25-2009 07:05 PM

^CONGRATS! :D

are you taking your meth lab? or are you leaving it in the bra? :p

also, where the hell are the kreuzbergies and do i need a new address to send the x-mas card to??

xfox 11-25-2009 11:38 PM

Great Stephi! Just now I could use a simple explanation of Boyle's Law, that is, if you're so inclined.

Jack Flanders 11-26-2009 02:36 AM

Daughter Ingrid and brother Tom flying in today for the weekend!!! And NYC Saturday!!!:D :D :D

YsaPur EsChomuw 11-26-2009 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephi_B (Post 417979)
Me has a first job offer... In the Kreuzbergies they need a chemistry supply teacher by the end of January ...So I go there supplying them my chemistry.

My condolences... oops, of course I mean, congratulations! :D
Have lots of fun and creative ideas.

Jack Flanders 11-26-2009 03:42 AM

Congratulations Stephi!!! Always a better world because of Chemistry!!!

Stephi_B 11-26-2009 10:12 AM

Muchas gracias youse all :)

I'll not move anywhere else - the Kreuzbergies are just across the river, I can travel them fast riding the subways - plus I chose indeed the very very FITTING card (the green cards will go out today) for Frieda :D hihi - without knowing that she needs to know where the Kreuzbergies are, hihi....

:D @Ysa.... condolences, hihi :D

Stephi_B 11-26-2009 10:36 AM

Ideal gases (with it's atoms or molecules being these friendly elastic spheres without no volume of their own) always have given me happies, so I try to explain to you xfox :):

These spheres they'll always be moving around in their volume V (box), the faster the higher a temperature T (i.e. more energy) they have. Even at T=0 Kelvin they have this mysterious (quantum :)) zero-point-energy. But this is for another day. Let's have some real word T and have it fixed. Now the spheres bump each other and the walls of the box that has the volume inside. The more often, the less free range (i.e. smaller volume in 3D) they have moving along their straight line ways. Now in the - elastic - bumping events nothing "happens", the spheres just change directions, their speed (it's not the same for all spheres - there's this Boltzmann distribution) and thus momentum stays the same. BUT imagine you where the wall - the smaller the volume gets, the more gas spheres hit you - that's the pressure p, the number of hits, kinda.

Hyakujo's Fox 11-26-2009 10:45 AM

Congrats Stephi!

Chemistry supplies - are you sure this place is legit?

Stephi_B 11-26-2009 10:47 AM

Boyle's Law continued: (actually also the force of those hits - but we have a constant temperature and thus a costant speed/momentum distribution).
Also if you'd were a spectator sitting inside the box you'd get more hits/pressure the smaller the volume/box gets. Now this Boyle found for (real, but behaving quite ideal) found by measurements that p times V gives a costant value for each T, these are called isotherms and their formula is pV=const(T) and they are usually plotted with V as x-coordinate and p as y-coordinate.

Thermodynamics rocks :) (imo :o)

Stephi_B 11-26-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyakujo's Fox (Post 418010)
Congrats Stephi!

Chemistry supplies - are you sure this place is legit?

:D erm, I hope so :o or that if illegal, it is profitable :D

I think the correct word may be supplement teacher - or? :confused:

Anyway, I kinda have soup (Suppe :)) appetite now....

Hyakujo's Fox 11-26-2009 11:03 AM

a non-teaching teacher?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephi_B (Post 418011)
Thermodynamics rocks :) (imo :o)

I'd ask you to tell me about maxwell's demon - but it's just before my bedtime. ;)

lukkucairi 11-26-2009 11:59 AM

congrats Steph! and happies for Jackie :)

my friend Anya whom I haven't seen in 5 years is coming in to stay with us for the weekend :D

happy thanksgiving to those inclined to give thanks for whatever you might be thankful for right now (including not being American or living in the USA) :p

Stephi_B 11-26-2009 03:22 PM

No, I will teach them all the chemistries (and/or physics and/or maths) - but I'm you know the ersatz for a teacher who's just ill, having a baby, doing a rehab - or for a school who can't afford or can't get a "proper teacher" (:):) btw, Kreuzberg really really wantzzz me, got a 2nd offer with a personal meeting next Friday :):)).
But I'm parallel on the application list for the procedures to become a "proper teacher" (who earns more and gets lifelong position thingies :D), gotta wait still a while though as I've not studied the teacher thing, am a side-entrance person you see ;)
But as Kreuzberg (which obviously scares many proper teachers for it is multi-cultural and rougher than spoilt Mitte or tamed Prenzlauer Berg or my sweet - but just now hipper than everything :rolleyes: - homeplace Friedrichshain, from these I haven't heard no nothing yet) wantzzz me so, and the more if it treats me good also jobwise (partywise it DOES already :)) I will stay with the Kreuzbergies also when proper and all ;)

xfox 11-26-2009 07:44 PM

Thanks a bunch Stephi. That's so good of you to elaborate! You're headed for a life of success and satisfaction.