ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   ¿ question of the day ? (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12191)

Coffee 06-14-2008 03:23 PM

¿question of the day? for Saturday June 14th, 2008

What, if any, is your compulsion, and how do you control it, if at all?

==================================================

Mine is bargain hunting, i have to hunt for bargains...can't control that part, but fortunately I can control whether I buy stuff or not, or I'd be broke from all the money I saved.

T.I.P. 06-14-2008 05:29 PM

i like to tidy things up
put them in order
line them up
stack them

I never try to repress this compulsion. Luckily it only happens to me once in a while. I just go with the urge until I get it out of my system, and then I can be normal again. Sort of.

YsaPur EsChomuw 06-14-2008 11:33 PM

If I see nice/strange/interesting/unusual/etc pictures in a magazine I cut them out and file them according to topic for unknown purposes.

Well, I do use them sometimes as teaching aids, about 2% of them.

Also, sometimes I don't file them, so I have several piles of pictures hidden at various places in my room.

I don't resist the urge to cut out pics, but I feel a bit guilty of having piles of them at unknown places I've forgotten about.

Bman 06-14-2008 11:57 PM

To rehearse my arguments for leaving you at the train station.

Oh, and being unnecessarily cryptic. Especially on this board. Sorry.

I usually control it by asking an old question and answering a new one.

brightpearl 06-15-2008 01:22 AM

I compulsively put a lot of effort into avoiding contact with other people's compulsions.

trisherina 06-15-2008 02:51 AM

This is not one I have the insight to answer just now.

lukkucairi 06-15-2008 04:59 AM

nuh-uh :p

I keep my obsessions out of other people's faces, as far as I'm able - mostly to be polite - though I recently had a hard lesson in being honest with myself :o

I just recently found the owner's manual to my brain, and I've been reinstalling the OS. this may take a few years. check back later.

brightpearl 06-15-2008 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightpearl (Post 388899)
I compulsively put a lot of effort into avoiding contact with other people's compulsions.

ps
I'm not proud of this.
But I'm told I've earned it honestly.

Marcus Bales 06-15-2008 08:18 AM

Father's Day Question of the Day: So, how's your father?

trisherina 06-15-2008 12:08 PM

He's got metastatic prostate cancer, but believe it or not, the prognosis is so good (and the treatment so effective) that none of us are particularly worried about it anymore.

He didn't really much like parenting when we were little and teens; I'm not sure having three children was his choice at all -- having children other than by choice being a pretty foreign concept these days, it's useful to speculate regarding what that might be like. He relates much better to adults.

lukkucairi 06-15-2008 01:20 PM

Dead as of May 2004 :(

It's OK - he had Lewy Body Dementia and multiple organ failure - it was time. I still have a tupperware container of his ashes in my office closet. So in specific answer to the question? Dry and dusty :p I keep thinking of that Monty Python sketch where they have Marilyn Monroe's ashes starring in a film as the contents of a burst vacuum cleaner bag :p

Trish, glad to hear your dad has a good prognosis :)

YsaPur EsChomuw 06-15-2008 03:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvmTsH4iHBo

Died 15 years ago, I still miss him.

brightpearl 06-15-2008 04:17 PM

The only thing wrong with my dad is that he doesn't know how lucky I am to have him.

Coffee 06-15-2008 05:46 PM

Dad's ok, enjoying retirement. Netflix's best customer. Also shopping channel's best customer...:rolleyes: he got the "buy everything" compulsion that skipped me...:p

T.I.P. 06-15-2008 10:26 PM

My Dad has adapted to the french way of life, embraced it even, and he is no longer spiteful about living far away from his homeland. Sometimes I can see a sadness about him, but when I look hard enough I see that same sadness in everyone. He is actually doing really well, and I am thankful for that.