ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   This Is The Thread Where We Have An Announcement To Make... (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12624)

Brynn 08-21-2012 05:39 PM

So very sorry, YsaPur. :(
Fish, birds, gerbils, hamsters, mice - I finally had to put my own moratorium on adopting them at all due to their abbreviated "planned obsolescence."
It just hurts too much when they go.

Frieda 08-21-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YsaPur EsChomuw (Post 431812)
the last of the mohicans, aka Houdini, my ancient pet gerbil died. i drowned my grief in a can of beer and ate a whole sausage. i feel sick now. too much food, but still i can't believe i won't hear his knock-knock-knocking on the glass covering of his tank any more. the sausage only made things worse. :(

aw :( i'm sorry Ysa :(:( *hugs*

Coffee 08-21-2012 10:13 PM

Condolences on the loss of your wee one Ysa. :(

YsaPur EsChomuw 08-22-2012 10:12 AM

thank you all
really
you are kind

Frieda 09-12-2012 04:46 PM

i voted

brightpearl 09-14-2012 08:15 AM

^Good for you!

Yesterday Hillary Clinton edged out Bob Dylan in the wisdom and compassion department. I understand what Bob was saying, and I've often thought it myself, sadly, but our girl Hillary inspires me to look to a brighter day. It was a nice surprise.

Of course, the neighbors with several enormous Romney/Chair 2012 signs in their yard haven't spoken to me since I put a tiny little Obama sticker on my car, so it might take a while to get there.

Jack Flanders 09-15-2012 02:50 AM

^ Don't hold your breath.

brightpearl 10-23-2012 03:46 PM

^You know, I was outside with the baby the other day, and he said "Hi!" when he saw her, so she couldn't resist I guess. She asked how he is, and I said, well, there's some medical stuff going on...and I explained everything about the food allergies and the persistent reflux and how it looks like we're going to have to do an endoscopy :( , and I think I sort of smiled sadly and threw up my hands. She said, "You feel guilty."

Oh! Yes. You understand.

And she told me the story of when her daughter was born almost 2 months early, which at the time was pretty much a death sentence, and to their very great surprise, she was still alive in a couple of hours, and then the next day, and the next, and she's gone on to have a pretty great life, but every time she gets a migraine or a cold they both think it's because she was premature and they go over all the things they maybe could have done differently to keep it from happening.

It was a great relief to be understood, and it was truly lovely to have it come from an unexpected direction.

They still have all the signs up, but they did move the chair out of the front yard, so that's nice. All the warm fuzzies didn't stop me from laughing like a drunk monkey at this exchange, either, so I guess we're even.
:)

YsaPur EsChomuw 10-24-2012 11:44 AM

^ oh... :(
I'm sorry about the reflux and endoscopy
and that you feel guilty :(

brightpearl 10-24-2012 01:10 PM

^Well, it is okay. He is a little on the small side for his age now, but not too small, and he is doing fine developmentally, walking and talking and all that. He likes music, but mixes up Wheels on the Bus and Old McDonald, so it comes out like "Eee-I Eee-I beep beep beep." :) Still one more medication to try for a couple of months before he needs the scarier interventions to see if he has a hiatal hernia or really severe ulceration.

I do feel guilty, but when I am being reasonable I know that we are addressing everything as best we can. And most of the other kids in the waiting rooms have much longer lists of problems. I worry, but it could probably be a lot worse.

Thanks for your worries. :o

Frieda 10-26-2012 11:21 AM

I did a noxx.

brightpearl 11-02-2012 07:29 PM

TIP is doing fine. :)
I figured, but I'm still relieved.

brightpearl 11-02-2012 07:29 PM

Wait, what the heck is a noxx? :confused:

Coffee 11-02-2012 09:09 PM

a "noxx" is the act of posting something in every thread on the first page of a thread section.

Made famous by our serial poster/old timer/absentee member "Noxx".

Brynn 11-05-2012 10:54 PM

I didn't know there was a term for that! I guess you learn something every day.
I think I've done that by accident a couple of times...