ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Post something that made you laugh today. (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=4329)

Max Headroom 08-03-2005 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllegroNg
This good ol' Harry Potter spoiler:
http://www.tshirthell.com/dumbledore.htm

Now that is comedy

quiltpattern 08-03-2005 03:12 PM

Old wisdom dressed up in new clothes

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Anais Nin

Don't you love it when people recycle old ideas in new words as if they were something profound? Did you know that Anais Nin had two husbands (one on each coast), neglected her kids, and was the epitome of self-indulgence? Wonder what she saw things as. :rolleyes: It's hard to believe she had any clear sense of herself.

More drivel later.

lapietra 08-03-2005 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quiltpattern
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Anais Nin

Don't you love it when people recycle old ideas in new words as if they were something profound? Did you know that Anais Nin had two husbands (one on each coast), neglected her kids, and was the epitome of self-indulgence? Wonder what she saw things as. :rolleyes: It's hard to believe she had any clear sense of herself.

More drivel later.

Wow!!! I couldn't have asked for a better demonstration of that quote - I found it on a quote site, trying to find a simple, short quote that had to do with the fact that people see the world based on what kind of person they are. This is great! :D You're obviously someone who sees the world as a big balloon, and yourself, a tiny little pin prick.

I personally love Nin's books. Sexay!!!

JesusTitties 08-03-2005 05:40 PM

kid_with_helmet 08-03-2005 06:28 PM

quiltpattern 08-05-2005 02:40 PM

See YOURSELF not others

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapietra
Wow!!! I couldn't have asked for a better demonstration of that quote - I found it on a quote site, trying to find a simple, short quote that had to do with the fact that people see the world based on what kind of person they are. This is great! :D You're obviously someone who sees the world as a big balloon, and yourself, a tiny little pin prick.

I personally love Nin's books. Sexay!!!

The point of quotes like that is to think about yourself, not to diagnose others. That's another reason why I found the quote so funny. Hypocrisy always amuses me.

Glad you think she's sexy. I always think it's sexy when people cheat on their respective spouses, as Nin did with Henry Miller and others. She justified everything she did by the fact that her daddy ignored her, much as she ignored her own children. Nice when people take responsibility for their lives that way. Is that what appeals to you about her?

Aphrodite 08-05-2005 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quiltpattern
The point of quotes like that is to think about yourself, not to diagnose others. That's another reason why I found the quote so funny. Hypocrisy always amuses me.

Glad you think she's sexy. I always think it's sexy when people cheat on their respective spouses, as Nin did with Henry Miller and others. She justified everything she did by the fact that her daddy ignored her, much as she ignored her own children. Nice when people take responsibility for their lives that way. Is that what appeals to you about her?

So your pretense of amusement is not hypocrisy?
You think it is sexy to cheat? Wow! I hope your hubby keeps you revved all the time.

JesusTitties 08-05-2005 03:15 PM

craig johnston 08-05-2005 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapietra
You're obviously someone who sees the world as a big balloon, and yourself, a tiny little prick

;)

trisherina 08-06-2005 05:21 AM

hahahahahaha

Con ate dog 08-06-2005 11:32 AM

Lapietra:

My favourite Anais Nin quote centred around the idea that people are uncomfortable with the notion that we become different people in different company- but she was cool with it.

Sorry, but I was [s]lazy[/s] unable to find the exact quote.

Apart from being arguable the greatest saucy writer in history, she was also a great writer, period.

lapietra 08-06-2005 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Con ate dog
Lapietra:

My favourite Anais Nin quote centred around the idea that people are uncomfortable with the notion that we become different people in different company- but she was cool with it.

Sorry, but I was [s]lazy[/s] unable to find the exact quote.

Apart from being arguable the greatest saucy writer in history, she was also a great writer, period.

:)

priceyfatprude 08-06-2005 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trisherina

LOL

smellyrayzin 08-07-2005 05:32 AM

Con ate dog 08-07-2005 08:27 AM

Posting under a naked guy. Is that good luck?

I teach English in China. Today in class, as a warmup exercise, we played a game similar to the If/Then thread here:

If I had a wish, I would get a million dollars.
If I had a million dollars (RMB, but why split hairs?), I would go to England.
Next kid:
If I went to England, I would teach Chinese.

It took 5 seconds to sink in why everyone was laughing.

Yeah, well, if you were there you'd be laughing too.