ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   question of the day ? (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12191)

Hyakujo's Fox 06-16-2008 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Bales (Post 388919)
Father's Day Question of the Day: So, how's your father?

don't scare me like that

Brynn 06-16-2008 04:34 AM

Dad died when I was 17. He was 40.

Stephi_B 06-16-2008 06:51 AM

Dad is eccentric in a loveable way and cool and funny in his special way :),
he has an inclination for complications (like falling for a married woman... or falling for my mother 30+ years ago)
and sometimes I have to mediate between him and my younger sisters
(who are less patient with him...)
currently he is way overworked (7 day week) and that worries me.
He has scarcely any time for his beloved hobbies and actually for living,
plus he has a history of stress-induced illnesses (heart, stomach).
It made me happy when he recently started to think about switching to part-time.

Brynn 06-18-2008 05:22 PM

New question of the day....

Where do you put that thing that has no place to go but you can't throw it away, and what is it?

brightpearl 06-18-2008 05:31 PM

It's in my son's room, and it's probably the best drawing I ever did.

auntie aubrey 06-18-2008 05:47 PM

the many things fitting that description are still sitting in mover's boxes and cannot be unpacked until the riddle of where to put them is solved.

one such thing is the heart-shaped box full of stickers that i intend to send to my 4 year old niece as soon as i can get my head on straight and find a suitably sized shipping box and make it to the post office.

Odbe 06-18-2008 06:23 PM

A stress ball shaped like a brain, and it migrates between my desk and a shelf.

Frieda 06-18-2008 06:57 PM

are you kidding me??

my apartment is filled with these things. i usually keep them on the dinner table and on the floor if the dinner table has at least 3 layers of stuff.

i have bought cupboards recently but i can't figure out what to put in there and how to arrange it.

lukkucairi 06-18-2008 11:06 PM

I rent warehouse space :)

YsaPur EsChomuw 06-19-2008 12:24 AM

Half of my stuff matches this definition. I put these things anywhere I can find aan empty space: on the floor, under the bed...

T.I.P. 06-19-2008 01:16 AM

I have a 3D picture postcard of Jesus, still in its plastic wrapper, lying on my shelf. I found it on the street the other night and was mesmerized by the 3D animation. I don't want to put it up on the wall, but i can't bring myself to throw it away either.

Marcus Bales 06-19-2008 02:39 AM

Why has my tuxedo cat, heretofore a doting mom to her nearly 2 year old son, taken to waiting for him to walk by to attack him savagely, knocking him down and sometimes drawing blood, and all in all making him Mr Twitchy in her presence, who was always a willing groomer and sharer of spots of sun?

Frieda 06-19-2008 02:48 AM

^^i have 2 of those, one jesus in a pink flower frame and one that changes from jesus to the shroud if you move it.. they curl up after a while.. (keep em flat or framed, don't keep them on your dinner table;))

Brynn 06-19-2008 05:29 AM

Don't throw it out, T, give it to me when I see you next week - I'll give it a good home right next to the heart-shaped frosted cornflake I keep in a ziplock clipped to the Holy Madonna calendar beside the wooden Jesus statue from Venezuela that lives on top of my refrigerator.

Marcus, the mama cat is hurt that her son pretends not to be related to her anymore and when she takes him to the mall, he walks ahead of her .

Stephi_B 06-19-2008 07:26 AM

Distributed all over my flat.... without these things my flat would be too empty :)