ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   where we leave messages for each other (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7615)

lukkucairi 06-30-2009 06:59 PM

she had a bronchoscopy today, but now there will be no official diagnosis til July 8

saw papers we weren't supposed to see yesterday morning while waiting on blood test - googled term METS (wrt lungs) returned "metastatic cancer" :(

though as I said, still no official word, but doesn't look good - her symptoms would support the diagnosis of primary lung cancer with mestastases - her sister and I are talking about moving her back across the Atlantic while she is still well enough to travel so that I can care for her without being isolated from my husband and all my friends and family - she has nobody over here except bridge friends.

I am so tired and so stressed out.

where's Frieds? how's her mother? I'm not doing a very good job of keeping up on the main parts of the board right now. just spitting out my zombie apocalypse dreams one after another.

brightpearl 06-30-2009 07:40 PM

^Sometimes METS can mean "metabolic syndrome" in handwritten medical notes -- it's very common and might be relevant to some diagnoses...but of course if it was in notes particular to her lungs, I share your worry.

It sucks to be living through a zombie apocalypse, doesn't it?
:(
The bastards take everything, eventually, but that doesn't mean we have to be graceful about it.

brightpearl 06-30-2009 07:42 PM

Oh, and I second the call for an update from Frieds.
:)

lukkucairi 06-30-2009 07:53 PM

yeah - she's had a cough for several months and it's now quite bad, and she runs a low-grade fever constantly. her blood pressure is a little on the high side of normal, but I don't know how that would feed into the diagnosis. she's recently begun to develop urinary incontinence, and her digestion is no longer regular. other words in the diagnosis box were hard to read but started with "bronch-" and "plast-". she also has a history of cancer - was treated about 14 years ago for uterine wall tumors, and recovered completely.

Peregrine 06-30-2009 11:09 PM

I know it's rough. I've been there. And I hope it'll be many years before I have to be there again.

Don't forget to look after yourself too. Any opportunity to get a few hours rest, take it.

Take care.

zero 07-01-2009 05:22 PM

12"razormix 07-02-2009 02:54 PM

Frieda 07-02-2009 07:49 PM

ok, an update.. to be honest i have no idea how my mom is doing. she was diagnosed with breast cancer at the end of april, it was just a tiny tumor, about 4mm. she had surgery the end of may and the cancer was twice as big and had spread to her lymph nodes so its pretty aggressive. the wound has heales nicely but because she suffers from severe depression (which she obviously denies) i dont expect her to get better. i cook her dinner every night after work and listen to her cynical, self-destructing ramblings.

i hope your moms able to heal lukku :)

lukkucairi 07-03-2009 01:48 AM

oh Frieda I'm sorry, that's so hard.

my mother still has no *official* diagnosis, but she's convinced herself that she's dying. she spent the day yesterday cancelling all her magazine subscriptions with little handwritten notes saying "I have enjoyed your magazine however please stop sending them as I have a terminal disease."

I don't know what to think. I really don't.

Stephi_B 07-03-2009 09:23 AM

^ & ^^

Hey you two,
all the best for your moms!!
And for you too!!

trisherina 07-03-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukkucairi (Post 412780)
she spent the day yesterday cancelling all her magazine subscriptions with little handwritten notes saying "I have enjoyed your magazine however please stop sending them as I have a terminal disease."

I don't know what to think. I really don't.

I think she is very scared.

Peregrine 07-03-2009 11:27 AM

I'd agree. I wouldn't say she's given up necessarily. But she's scared, and she's coping the only way she knows how.

lukkucairi 07-03-2009 03:51 PM

yep

headology, that.

brightpearl 07-04-2009 06:35 PM

Mom stuff is hard.

Have some chocolate.

And a special blankie handmade by all your friends.

And Timmy here has graciously decided to loan you his bear.

xfox 07-04-2009 09:28 PM

I hope for the best for you dear gals and your families.