ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

trisherina 12-10-2006 11:30 PM

Of course, everyone knows that the bevatron is a synchrotron-like apparatus for accelerating charged particles to an immensely high level. But I like all your definitions better.

Zatoichi, you shouldn't worry so much about winning.

Everyone gets gifts in the spirit of the holiday season. Just stuff I thought you might like, related (at times very loosely) to your definitions.

nycwriters: I think this guy is adorable!

Coffee: Your very own marble vortex.

Dinzdale: Take all the time you need.

Zatoichi: Check out the debouch function on this little number.

xfox: Pity him for the man he's become.

daverbee: You did the lady an honour! Sorry I have nothing better to give you than the next round of the Dictionary Game!

daverbee 12-11-2006 05:37 PM

Thank you!

Meanwhile, the new word is dactylomegaly

dactylomegaly

Edited to remove an unnecessary question.

12"razormix 12-12-2006 09:19 AM

dactylomegaly

a gelatin-based dessert featuring lady fingers and large eggs which may also be thinned and used as a sauce

Luckily, Fiona had enough leftover dactylomegaly from last Friday's dinner to conjure up the gravy for Gwen's entire engagement party on Sunday.

trisherina 12-12-2006 12:53 PM

dactylomegaly: A poetic affliction best avoided -- in prose, termed the run-on sentence.

Coffee 12-12-2006 01:30 PM

dactylomegaly n paleontology

A unusual short lived species of herbivorous dinosaur with a unique arrangement of legs; two shortish stubby legs in front and one long powerful leg in the rear. Scientists speculate that the species developed on the lower levels of what is now known as Mt. Ida, the only area where fossils have ever been unearthed, and that the leg arrangement was helpful in allowing the species to migrate to the top of the mountain and utilize the rich vegetation that grew there in the paleozoic era. However, once the species colonized the mountain up to the frost line the species subsequently died out unable to descend the mountain.

dinzdale 12-13-2006 12:35 PM

dactylomegaly n.

A system of government whereby all decisions are made by the House Speaker asking the assembled representatives, and the answer and resulting course of action decided upon by the Speaker selecting the person who waves his hand the most and says "Me! Me! Please Mr Speaker! Pick Me!".
A country run in this way is known as a dactylomegaly.

daverbee 12-13-2006 02:09 PM

Judging tomorrow night...or whenever...

rapscalious rob 12-13-2006 03:14 PM

dactylomegaly (from the Greek dactulo, "toe", and the Greek µegelo, "self-obsessed")
1 - One who constantly compares one's toes to the toes of others, always finding one's own toes to be better.
2 - A subscriber to "Foot Action" magazine.

funkytuba 12-13-2006 03:59 PM

dactylomegaly - personality disorder related to hoarding over-the-counter painkillers.

Matt and Mark decided to do an intervention with Douglas about his dactylomegaly when they found out that he had been feeding his cat acetaminophen instead of cat food.

***DISCLAIMER: ACETAMINOPHEN (TYLENOL/PARACETAMOL/PANADOL/HERRON) IS EXTREMELY TOXIC TO CATS***

daverbee 12-14-2006 08:07 PM

dactylomegaly

n. - abnormal largeness of fingers and toes.

Short and to the point. For creatively coming closest to the real definition without spilling anything, Rob wins!
I'm guessing one who is afflicted with the obsession he describes would be called a dactylomegalonarcissist. Or maybe a dactylomegalomaniac.

nycwriters 12-15-2006 01:44 AM

dactylomygaly - (translated from someone who's had their wisdom teeth removed and is still on anaesthetic -- and a bit of a pirate, to boot) - dat (that) ty (too) lo (low) my (my) galy (an affectionate pet name given by a pirate to his girl). In other words, his girlfriend has missed the spot that itches.

daverbee 12-15-2006 10:31 AM

:D :D :D :D :D

Ms. Writers, you were just a bit too late as that def made me laugh. If our winner doesn't post a new word by tomorrow morning 8:00 am EST, you're up...

rapscalious rob 12-16-2006 05:10 AM

The new word is…

pococurante

Hyakujo's Fox 12-17-2006 11:06 AM

Pococurante (n) an alcoholic drink which consists of whatever dregs remain in the near empty bottles at the bar. Named after the Mexican silent movie star of the twenties, Poco Curante, or as he was known to his legion of female fans, "The Mexican Valentino". He starred in several lost classics such as "The Gay Caballero" and "Mind Your Ass, Sister Annuncia" before becoming an alcoholic when the speakies arrived, due to his unfortunate lisp.

trisherina 12-17-2006 11:48 AM

hahahaha^^^

Pococurante: A health care supply brand eponymous in Spanish-speaking countries for "cotton swab."