ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

Brynn 04-08-2006 04:22 AM

vaccimulgence -

a relatively new but dangerous artistic technique in the field of photography in which thousands of tiny, live microbes are injected onto the emulsion of a wet photograph, allowed to cavort for a few moments on the surface of the image, and subsequently killed by the final chemical 'bath" that the photo undergoes before drying. This creates a rather otherworldy special effect that is often quite beautiful and sad, for if he does not take proper precautions, the photographer experimenting with this technique might quite literally die for his art if he becomes infected.

xfox 04-08-2006 04:26 PM

vaccimulgence - n. L. relating to an overwhelming desire and compulsion to vacuum constantly for fear of having a bug in the rug.

daverbee 04-09-2006 05:51 PM

Well, I lied. I enjoyed my weekend before judging. So sue me.

Fron The Phrontistery:
vaccimulgence cow milking.

Rather to the point, aren't they?

The For Use Of The Word "Of" Three Times In One Sentence Award goes to Dinz for:

vaccimulgence n.

A measure of degree of intensity of performance during cummulonimbus.

Trish wins the What's Wrong With A Little Creative Self-Indulgence, Just Go For it! Award with:

vaccimulgence

Indecision regarding the best way to show kindness to oneself.

Brynn is next winning the Best Reason To Go Digital Award with:

vaccimulgence -

a relatively new but dangerous artistic technique in the field of photography in which thousands of tiny, live microbes are injected onto the emulsion of a wet photograph, allowed to cavort for a few moments on the surface of the image, and subsequently killed by the final chemical 'bath" that the photo undergoes before drying. This creates a rather otherworldy special effect that is often quite beautiful and sad, for if he does not take proper precautions, the photographer experimenting with this technique might quite literally die for his art if he becomes infected.

xfox next who takes home the Snug As A Bug Award unless that bug has been vacuumed by now, of course:

vaccimulgence - n. L. relating to an overwhelming desire and compulsion to vacuum constantly for fear of having a bug in the rug.

Funky wins the At Least This Definition Had Cows In It Award and a close third runner up for:

vaccimulgence bovine sex drive

Farmer Dinzdale had to break out the Spanish Fly after his heifers experienced a decline in vaccimulgence.

The No, Really, I Am Going To Ibiza, Doctor Award goes to Leah for:

Vaccimulgence

Vaccimulgence refers to a psychiatric disorder where patients pretend to be going abroad in order to receive vaccine inoculations. Recent clinical trials have linked this disorder very closely to Munchausen’s Syndrome but with the patient only feigning holidays to receive the relevant injections, not fabricating illness to receive treatment.

Finally, first place and The You're The Reason The Clinic Ran Out Of Flu Shots And I Spent Three Weeks In Bed With A Fever Last Year Award goes to mack along with a warning to watch it next year, if I get sick again...:

vaccimulgence

Acute sociopathic hypochondria highlighted by paranoiac episodes manifested by the insatiable drive/need for inoculations

vaccinia The usually mild, cutaneous and sometimes systemic reaction in individuals who have been inoculated with smallpox vaccin
mu Of, relating to, or being a polypeptide chain that is one of five types of heavy chains present in immunoglobins.
Egence n. [L. egens, -entis, p. pr. of egere to be needy, suffer want.] The state of needing, or of suffering a natural want. [R.]

To ease my seasonal vaccimulgence, every fall I sneak into as many walk in clinics as I can to get free flu shots.

Go, mack.

Madmack 04-10-2006 01:07 PM

Never expected that..!
And this morning's word is...
Surbate

daverbee 04-10-2006 02:27 PM

Surbate

A humble form of masturbation.

Due to his lowly position in the Royal Household, Dishwasher Dinzdale was compelled to surbate in bed at night all alone.

Master_Jedi 04-10-2006 05:21 PM

surbate- a surrogate masturbator. OR a well tenderized piece of meat.

micjiggles 04-11-2006 09:18 AM

used with fishing:

surbate: excellent bait: makes sure u got a fish on the line.

or maybe not. lol

Marcus Bales 04-11-2006 11:28 AM

surbate - the process by which a claim by one person is taken over and pursued by another; most often when after an accident between an insured an uninsured motorist the insured motorist's insurance company, as a service to their insured, pursues the uninsured motorist to reimburse the insurance company for the costs of fixing its insured's car.

dinzdale 04-11-2006 11:48 AM

surbate n.

The lesser degree of laissez majeste, applying to members of the aristocracy.
The Right of Kings to pretty much do what they wanted irked some of the nobility, as thus when royalty had visited and drunk all the nobleman's wine, eaten his best pig, and shagged his Lordship's comeliest wench, as soon as the King had left, and the courtiers were all still very "I cant believe Lord Daverbeigh let the King piss all over his antimacassar", the Lord would then bring his weight to bear through surbature.
This would be slightly less abusive than laissez majeste, involving prodding fat children, kicking a serf's duck, or getting a lap dance from Miriam the baker's wife.
Basically to wipe the smug looks off the peasantry's faces, a nobleman would let them know who was Lord Muckety Muck by dropping a little surbate on their collective unwashed arses.

LeahDear 04-11-2006 01:22 PM

surbate

An affliction suffered mostly by professional surfers. The patient begins to develop thick, scale like skin and webbed fingers or toes. If left untreated gill-like slits can appear on the neck or facial area causing suffocation to said patient.
The only known cure is to avoid sea water.

Coffee 04-11-2006 03:12 PM

surbate

A frozen dessert that should be enjoyed alone.

kaskeens 04-11-2006 08:51 PM

surbate

surbate- to surpass a superior while suing for not being given a surprise party, often resulting in usurping the syrup for the insurmountable surgeons of serbia.

trisherina 04-11-2006 11:26 PM

surbate: A tax that has been levied upon a tax, then returned to the consumer.

Madmack 04-12-2006 12:19 PM

And the winners are....

trisherina is awarded the ‘So that’s how income tax refunds work’ award.
surbate: A tax that has been levied upon a tax, then returned to the consumer.

kaskeens ascends to the Australasian autumn alliteration award.
surbate: to surpass a superior while suing for not being given a surprise party, often resulting in usurping the syrup for the insurmountable surgeons of serbia.

Coffee gets the ‘711 shopping at 4am while hungry award.
surbate: A frozen dessert that should be enjoyed alone.

LeahDear wins the ‘Patrick Duffy - Man from Atlantis’ award.
surbate: An affliction suffered mostly by professional surfers. The patient begins to develop thick, scale like skin and webbed fingers or toes. If left untreated gill-like slits can appear on the neck or facial area causing suffocation to said patient.
The only known cure is to avoid sea water.

Marcus Bales wins the Allstate is your state award.
surbate: the process by which a claim by one person is taken over and pursued by another; most often when after an accident between an insured an uninsured motorist the insured motorist's insurance company, as a service to their insured, pursues the uninsured motorist to reimburse the insurance company for the costs of fixing its insured's car.

micjiggles gets the ‘pretty fly for a fishing guy award.
surbate: used with fishing: excellent bait: makes sure u got a fish on the line.

Master_Jedi is honoured with the best use of a external kitchen device (Eclectic Wednesday Wanker - EWW..) award.
surbate: a surrogate masturbator. OR a well tenderized piece of meat.

daverbee walks with the 'Onanism achievement award.'
surbate: A humble form of masturbation.

And the winner is… dinzdale who receives the 'It’s good to be the king award.'

surbate: n.

The lesser degree of laissez majeste, applying to members of the aristocracy.
The Right of Kings to pretty much do what they wanted irked some of the nobility, as thus when royalty had visited and drunk all the nobleman's wine, eaten his best pig, and shagged his Lordship's comeliest wench, as soon as the King had left, and the courtiers were all still very "I cant believe Lord Daverbeigh let the King piss all over his antimacassar", the Lord would then bring his weight to bear through surbature.
This would be slightly less abusive than laissez majeste, involving prodding fat children, kicking a serf's duck, or getting a lap dance from Miriam the baker's wife.
Basically to wipe the smug looks off the peasantry's faces, a nobleman would let them know who was Lord Muckety Muck by dropping a little surbate on their collective unwashed arses.

surbate

\Sur*bate"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Surbated; p. pr. & vb. n. Surbating.] [F. solbatu, p. p., bruised (said of a horse's foot); sole a sole (of a horse's foot) + battu, p. p. of battre to beat.]
1. To make sore or bruise, as the feet by travel. [Obs.]
2. To harass; to fatigue. [Obs.]

You're up Dinz...

dinzdale 04-12-2006 12:33 PM

:eek: WOW

It gives me great pleasure, and it has since I turned 12 or 13, but I digress...
The new word shall be..

Buntal

Now, get palludalling.....