ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

Marcus Bales 09-26-2005 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sapphire
... before deciding on a word, I secured my geekdom for all time by making a list (attached, if anyone wants it) of every word that's been offered in the past, so I wouldn't duplicate. :D

Geekdom, eh? Why isn't there also an associated list of the winners' names, and a link to each judge's witty rendering of judgment?

And you call yourself a geek.

Marcus

trisherina 09-26-2005 01:31 PM

absquatulate: To speculate unfavourably on the geekiness of another.

Coffee 09-26-2005 08:01 PM

absquatulate: OE - to sit

To render oneself immune from gross flattery when one is in a position of authority or judgement.

The official absquatulated when a contestant's entry was clearly designed to curry favor.

edited for spelling, and presentation.

madasacutsnake 09-27-2005 12:40 AM

absquatulate - to medicate oneself without success.

These antibiotics (ab's) did diddly squat and I'm not really sure, but now I think that maybe some drug companies possibly overdescribe their products' efficiencies?

Marcus Bales 09-27-2005 11:14 AM

absquatulate - that feeling in the pit of your stomach when you see a Yeti in North America, which causes hand-shake and fumble-focus in camera users; also, by extension, to make any error from fear or excitement.

Roger saw the tall, hairy humanoid figure clearly in his viewfinder, but he absquatulated the photograph.

Hyakujo's Fox 09-27-2005 12:07 PM

absquatulate (v.i.) to philosophize in the smallest room in the house

eg.

"Watcha doin in there!?"

"I'm absquatulatin! Now git!"

dinzdale 09-27-2005 02:46 PM

absquatulate v.

To have one's conversation drawn into embarrasment by the physical traits of the person you are talking to.

You find yourself absquatulating when talking to someone with one eye, and you find your conversation is peppered with references to Long John Silver, Aye Aye Captain, eye for an eye, I'll be seeing you...etc...
It is almost impossible to stop abquatulating once it has begun.

dddrum 09-27-2005 10:56 PM

absquatulate (n.) - the solid portion of sewage waste, after being processed and separated from the liquid portion, which is referred to as weewee.

Sapphire 09-28-2005 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Bales
Geekdom, eh? Why isn't there also an associated list of the winners' names, and a link to each judge's witty rendering of judgment?

And you call yourself a geek.

Marcus

For Marcus - who just wants everyone to see how often he has won - :D -

Chronological, alphabetical and by winner:
http://www.endtheillusions.org/winners.htm

Judging late tonight/early tomorrow morning, so get your entries in!

Hyakujo's Fox 09-28-2005 12:18 PM

I think we need some kind of graph here.

Sapphire 09-30-2005 08:10 AM

The “Senior Citizens do it with style,” award goes to xfox - absquatulate v. to learn Pilates very late in life.

The memory of her long lost flexibility almost gone she absquatulated, and through sheer perserverance a Pilates routine of sorts was done religiously.

The “I’m really reaching,” award goes to madasacutsnake

absquatulate - to medicate oneself without success.

These antibiotics (ab's) did diddly squat and I'm not really sure, but now I think that maybe some drug companies possibly overdescribe their products' efficiencies?

The “the truth is out there,” award goes to Marcu Bales –

absquatulate - that feeling in the pit of your stomach when you see a Yeti in North America, which causes hand-shake and fumble-focus in camera users; also, by extension, to make any error from fear or excitement.

Roger saw the tall, hairy humanoid figure clearly in his viewfinder, but he absquatulated the photograph.

The “I’ve spent too much time with hillbillys,” award goes to Hyakujo's Fox –

absquatulate (v.i.) to philosophize in the smallest room in the house

"Watcha doin in there!?""I'm absquatulatin! Now git!"

The “I never knew what the word was, but I can totally relate,” award goes to dinzdale –

absquatulate v.To have one's conversation drawn into embarrasment by the physical traits of the person you are talking to.

You find yourself absquatulating when talking to someone with one eye, and you find your conversation is peppered with references to Long John Silver, Aye Aye Captain, eye for an eye, I'll be seeing you...etc...It is almost impossible to stop abquatulating once it has begun.

The “I really didn’t need to know that,” award goes to dddrum -

absquatulate (n.) - the solid portion of sewage waste, after being processed and separated from the liquid portion, which is referred to as weewee.

The real definition:

ABSQUATULATE - ab·squat·u·late -

To make off, decamp, or abscond.

The “I’m feeling sorry for Sapphy and you should too,” and 1st runner up award goes to trisherina -

absquatulate: To speculate unfavourably on the geekiness of another.

The “I made the judge laugh milk out her nose,and 2nd runner up award goes to Coffee

absquatulate: OE - to sit

To render oneself immune from gross flattery when one is in a position of authority or judgement.

The official absquatulated when a contestant's entry was clearly designed to curry favor.

edited for spelling, and presentation.

The “I have a criminal mind and I’m not afraid to use it,” and coveted 1st place award goes to 12” razormix for the following blasphemy-riddled (and eerily close to the actual definition) example of our word in use:

absquatulate, v.

to hide something unbeknownst to a third party by using said third party as an involuntary accomplice

Mother only unlocked the credenza once a year to clean the collection of victorian figurines that she had received from Guglielmo during a lifetime together. Today had been such a day for Maria Concetta. Lorenzo looked at Jesus, who dangled over the bleached doorframe, crossed himself and grinned as he flipped up his collar and left Mother's house after having absquatulated the stolen diamonds in one of her dearly beloved figurines.

Take it away, 12”razormix!

12"razormix 09-30-2005 09:33 AM

merci hippie girl! :)
( i was thinking of quatu, which means "hidden" in sardinian )

have your way with:
patavinity

Marcus Bales 09-30-2005 11:29 AM

Patavinity

A lot of folks are eminently chattable;
A few appeal because they look so pattable;
And fewer still have that divine affinity
Of being both that we call “patavinity”.

Marcus Bales 09-30-2005 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sapphire
For Marcus - who just wants everyone to see how often he has won -

Hey -- Trisherina has won 25% more than I have!

Marcus

dddrum 09-30-2005 01:36 PM

patavinity (n.) - the quantifiable measure of precisely how divine the oleomargarine tastes.

"Mm mmm. I've got... jus' a sec... mmm mmm mmmmm! *smek smek* By my esteemed calculation, I've gotta give this Olde Country Crocke Calcium-Fortified Lite 'n' Creemy With Just The Merest Hint Of Yoghurt™ a patavinity factor of 9.3! In fact, I can't believe it's... oop, hang on; I'm getting a private message.

Yes?

Yes. I understand.

All right.

No. No. I understand.

Okay. Thank you.

Um... I'm sorry. I'm, uhh... it seems I am legally constrained from saying what I can't believe this stuff isn't. But anyway, definitely a 9.3. Yeahh, boy."