ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

trisherina 09-30-2005 03:57 PM

patavinity: to attain sainthood through miraculous fathering.

Coffee 09-30-2005 05:46 PM

Patavinity:

The "secret" sacrament.

Altar Boy 1. How did your patavinity go with Father McFeely?
Altar Boy 2. I was told I'm not supposed to talk about it or i'll go straight to hell.

dinzdale 09-30-2005 06:59 PM

Patavinity n.

The belief that God's real name is Patricia.

zenbabe 10-01-2005 03:25 AM

Patavinity

The belief of fathering a child and of irish decent cancel eache other out by saying the rosary..a couple of times..............

Hyakujo's Fox 10-01-2005 09:06 AM

Patavinity - that feeling of happiness induced by the consumption of wine

funkytuba 10-01-2005 09:55 PM

Patavinity - the study of the geneaology of vineyards

From our patavinity guide we found that the grapes that are used for 2 buck chuck are actually the great great grandcutlings of Gaja Barbaresco.

xfox 10-02-2005 04:00 PM

patavinity n. the quality of specific human / animal form, or standard of communication, between man and domesticated animals, mainly dogs. Patavinity signals to the animal he / she is okay. Since humans and animals can't be hugged and kissed by humans as conveniently as humans to humans, due to the slobber, drooling, teeth and hair factor, patavinity reassures animals that they are loved and accepted. This usually occurs first by placing the human hand on the top of the animal's head and then running the hand down the animal's spine to the top of the rump, ending in gentle, but firm pats. Some cats prefer that the patavinity continue to the tip of the tail.

Sapphire 10-02-2005 10:33 PM

patavinity - n. - a form of torture recently enacted by congress whereby the AV (audio visual) geeks from grade school are permitted to show endless reels of Saturday Night Live "It's Pat" skits to prisoners for an infinite period of time - or until the prisoners can no longer identify their own gender - whichever comes first.

http://snl.jt.org/pics/char/JuSw-Pat.jpg

daverbee 10-03-2005 11:16 AM

patavinity
The act of trying to speak in a Southern drawl when one is actually from Indiana.

From, Southern Dialect For Idiots:
"Howdy, you all! Could I buy you a bottle of pop?", is the worst form of patavinity. Correctly spoken, it shoud be, "Hey, y'all? Wanna co-cola?"

12"razormix 10-03-2005 12:04 PM

:)

judging soon!

Brynn 10-04-2005 03:01 AM

Patavinity (n.) - the status conferred upon anything that meets with wholehearted approval by Pat Robertson.

Fortunately, Ellen Degeneres' "Patavinity" took a nose-dive when she outed herself on her own comedy series years ago.

12"razormix 10-04-2005 06:59 AM

here is the definition of patavinity:

Pat`a`vin´i`ty, n.
The use of local or provincial words, as in the peculiar style or diction of Livy, the Roman historian; so called from Patavium, now Padua, the place of Livy's nativity.
Use of a dialect.

Daverbee managed to shock the judges with his definition:

Quote:

patavinity
The act of trying to speak in a Southern drawl when one is actually from Indiana.

From, Southern Dialect For Idiots:
"Howdy, you all! Could I buy you a bottle of pop?", is the worst form of patavinity. Correctly spoken, it shoud be, "Hey, y'all? Wanna co-cola?"
and deserves special mention - the judges would love to know how he came up with this one! ;)
i liked ALL the definitions! picking a favourite wasn't easy, these are my 4 favourites:

Marcus Bales
Quote:

Patavinity

A lot of folks are eminently chattable;
A few appeal because they look so pattable;
And fewer still have that divine affinity
Of being both that we call “patavinity”.
Coffee
Quote:

Patavinity:

The "secret" sacrament.

Altar Boy 1. How did your patavinity go with Father McFeely?
Altar Boy 2. I was told I'm not supposed to talk about it or i'll go straight to hell.
Sapphire
Quote:

patavinity - n. - a form of torture recently enacted by congress whereby the AV (audio visual) geeks from grade school are permitted to show endless reels of Saturday Night Live "It's Pat" skits to prisoners for an infinite period of time - or until the prisoners can no longer identify their own gender - whichever comes first.

http://snl.jt.org/pics/char/JuSw-Pat.jpg
Trisherina
Quote:

patavinity: to attain sainthood through miraculous fathering.
i tried not to give mr. bales the 1st prize but dammit he deserves it!!!
coffee & sapphire are very close 1st runners up ( right on definitions! )
trisherina is awarded 2nd runner up - she always makes brilliance look so easy...

thanks for playing dddrum, dinzdale, zenbabe, h-fox, funkytuba, xfox, brynn!

*bows* to marcus bales - if you please ...

Marcus Bales 10-04-2005 09:51 AM

Doggone it -- I was counting on Trish's easy brilliance to take first place again!

New word: rogitate

12"razormix 10-04-2005 10:15 AM

rogitate, v.

to revolve violently, turning around in pain

Mr. Lundstrøm had developed bedsores on his elbows from rogitating in his tatty hospital bed ever since the doctor had confined him to indefinite bedrest due to his deteriorating condition.

daverbee 10-04-2005 11:33 AM

rogitate

To mix any two liquid by placing them in a common container in close proximity to a bed being used for passionate sex.

eg:
Dinzdale used to mix his after dinner drinks by rogitating the shaker on the bedstand.