ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Post something that made you laugh today. (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=4329)

Hyakujo's Fox 01-21-2005 02:34 AM

Quote:

From: billy
Subject: the recycled universe
if the universe started with an explosion, could it not end with an implosion? black holes are currently eating our solar system and presumably all other galaxies as well - in the future when all matter has been consumed and the universe has been reduced to one mega black hole, could the super condensed core (containg all the matter that was our universe) be triggered to explode and create another incarnation of said universe? could the universe have a finite timeline with the 'big bang' as the beginning, and consumption by black holes as the end? was 'our' big bang the first, or just another in a long line of universal 'recycling'? could the void that our universe is expanding into be the space left by the last mega black hole, and the matter that is everything be the exploded core? just as our natural environment and indeed our species, is born, lives and dies in an evolutionary cycle, could the universe itself go through the same process (as a living entity) and be reborn?
Quote:

From: Cusp
Subject: re: the recycled universe
No
Quote:

From: Magic Chicken
Subject: re: the recycled universe

Just to expand on Cusp's answer (if I may):

>> if the universe started with an explosion,

No.

>> could it not end with an implosion?

No.

>> black holes are currently eating our solar system

No.

>> and presumably all other galaxies as well -

No.

>> in the future when all matter has been consumed and the universe has been reduced to one mega black hole,

No.

>> could the super condensed core (containg all the matter that was our universe) be triggered to explode

No.

>> and create another incarnation of said universe?

No.

>> could the universe have a finite timeline with the 'big bang' as the beginning, and consumption by black holes as the end?

No.

>> was 'our' big bang the first, or just another in a long line of universal 'recycling'?

We don't know.

>> could the void that our universe is expanding into be the space left by the last mega black hole,

No.

>> and the matter that is everything be the exploded core?

No.

>> just as our natural environment and indeed our species, is born, lives and dies in an evolutionary cycle, could the universe itself go through the same process (as a living entity)

No.
-

Smartypants 01-21-2005 07:02 AM

Just in case anyone here was feeling really nerdy, just remember. everything is relative! !!!

Large Marge 01-22-2005 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smartypants
Just in case anyone here was feeling really nerdy, just remember. everything is relative! !!!

Hilarious!!

:D

madasacutsnake 01-22-2005 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyakujo's Fox
From: Magic Chicken
Subject: re: the recycled universe

Just to expand on Cusp's answer (if I may):

>> if the universe started with an explosion,

No.

>> could it not end with an implosion?

No.

>> black holes are currently eating our solar system

No.

>> and presumably all other galaxies as well -

No.

>> in the future when all matter has been consumed and the universe has been reduced to one mega black hole,

No.

>> could the super condensed core (containg all the matter that was our universe) be triggered to explode

No.

>> and create another incarnation of said universe?

No.

>> could the universe have a finite timeline with the 'big bang' as the beginning, and consumption by black holes as the end?

No.

>> was 'our' big bang the first, or just another in a long line of universal 'recycling'?

We don't know.

>> could the void that our universe is expanding into be the space left by the last mega black hole,

No.

>> and the matter that is everything be the exploded core?

No.

>> just as our natural environment and indeed our species, is born, lives and dies in an evolutionary cycle, could the universe itself go through the same process (as a living entity)

No.

You and your young friend should get thee to the Debate Hall.

Clytie 01-24-2005 07:54 PM


madasacutsnake 01-24-2005 10:41 PM

^^

That made me laugh. But you knew that already, didn't you?

Large Marge 01-25-2005 05:39 AM


trisherina 01-25-2005 01:07 PM

The 12"razormix and zero exchange in suki wabi sabi. (and no small feat considering I'm off to work brimful of viral goodness again)

melissa 01-25-2005 03:58 PM


chuckie egg 01-25-2005 05:48 PM

from dinz...
 
Kung Fu International
Outside the take-away, Saturday night
a bald adolescent, asks me out for a fight
He was no bigger than a two-penny fart
he was a deft exponent of the martial art
He gave me three warnings:
Trod on me toes, stuck his fingers in my eyes
and kicked me in the nose
A rabbit punch made me eyes explode
My head went dead, I fell in the road

I pleaded for mercy
I wriggled on the ground
he kicked me in the balls
and said something profound
Gave my face the millimetre tread
Stole me chop suey and left me for dead

Through rivers of blood and splintered bones
I crawled half a mile to the public telephone
pulled the corpse out the call box, held back the bile
and with a broken index finger, I proceeded to dial

I couldnít get an ambulance
the phone was screwed
The receiver fell in half
it had been kung fuíd

A black belt karate cop opened up the door
demanding information about the stiff on the floor
he looked like an extra from Yang Shang Po
he said ďWhatís all this then
ah so, ah so, ah so.Ē
he wore a bamboo mask
he was geníned on zen
He finished his devotions and he beat me up again

Thanks to that embryonic Bruce Lee
Iím a shadow of the person that I used to be
I canít go back to Salford
the cops have got me marked
Enter the Dragon
Exit Johnny Clarke

Hyakujo's Fox 01-27-2005 03:40 AM


Frieda 01-27-2005 02:11 PM

Starwars Mosquito Defense System

Clytie 01-29-2005 04:01 AM

go napolean!

Large Marge 01-29-2005 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clytie

He stole that from Ze!

Coffee 01-29-2005 07:25 PM

Quote:

I just walked two blocks in the pouring rain to buy some water... *shrugs*
That was great.


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 08:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.