ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Post something that made you laugh today. (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=4329)

rmr 12-13-2004 10:20 PM

^^ it was the cashier at the place where i get my lunch everyday. I had a very hard time not laughing right then and there.

madasacutsnake 12-13-2004 10:25 PM

Their food must be good.

Tell her that even I know where Kentucky is.

Dimwutt.

Frieda 12-13-2004 10:27 PM

kentucky is where the fried chicken comes from!!

and i *heart* fried chicken!!!

rmr 12-13-2004 10:33 PM

^^ i thought she was joking -- i just sort of shook my head and wasn't sure what to say....i figured it would be easier for me to not try and explain why kentucky is in fact not in wisconsin.

:rolleyes:

madasacutsnake 12-13-2004 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by rmr
^^ i thought she was joking -- i just sort of shook my head and wasn't sure what to say....i figured it would be easier for me to not try and explain why kentucky is in fact not in wisconsin.

:rolleyes:

Because it's in, like, Kentucky?

You're so patient. I would have to buy a huge farking map, write "Kentucky HERE, Wisconsin HERE" in big red letters and present her with it in the middle of the lunch-time rush.

zero 12-13-2004 10:38 PM

hahaha!!

wisconsin's in massachusetts - nowhere near kentucky

dinzdale 12-13-2004 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by rmr
it was the cashier at the place where i get my lunch everyday
Rimmer, you go home for lunch and that is your mother.

rmr 12-13-2004 10:45 PM

oh my god the three of you just cracked me up.................and dinz so what if my mom is DUMB!!

madasacutsnake 12-13-2004 10:48 PM

^^

You're the one giving her money.

priceyfatprude 12-13-2004 10:59 PM

My most memorable roomie from Camp Wanaweewee sent me a Christmas card.

drivinmissdaisy 12-13-2004 11:07 PM

Quote:

originally posted by rmr

actual conversation

fool: kentucky's in wisconsin, right?

me: yes, it is.
This was the first thing that made me laugh today. Except a picture that some guy would never let me show ya'll.

madasacutsnake 12-13-2004 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bealeblues
one word: holyfvckingshit.....

we now have the christmas party pictures back. i'm in about 12 shots but i have no memory of ANY of them being taken.

none. not a good sign.

there's one shot i'm going to post of me dancing that also shows a video camera documenting the whole thing. i'm calling in sick the day that they show the video at the office.... judging by the pictures, i might even resign.

sparticle 12-14-2004 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by rmr
actual conversation

fool: kentucky's in wisconsin, right?

me: yes, it is.

That IS funny. Especially the "yes, it is".

I told my husband this fall during the Red Sox-Yankees playoff series that due to the large Hispanic population of New York, by law all their locally produced baseball broadcasts had to be in Spanish. Since we aren't exactly Yankees fans here, he had no frame of reference. Since I understand a little Spanish, I "translated" for him.

(I actually know baseball, not Spanish -- for all I know, half the time the announcer could have been talking about his own days in the minors in the Dominican Republic. But they'd show Pedro, and I'd say, "He says Pedro Martinez throws a psychological game. He says it's both his weakness and his strength. He says for a guy his size he has surprising power. Oh, look -- infield fly rule on that one. He says it would have been a foul ball with just another inch or so....")

When my husband found out the game was in Spanish because I had our cable receiver set to the Spanish-language option, he was less than amused with me. But that was okay as I was amused enough for both of us.

Maybe next week I will tell him Kentucky is in Wisconsin. It HAS to be. I saw it on the Internet.

melissa 12-14-2004 04:57 AM

Sparticle, you should give lessons. I admire your creativity.

drivinmissdaisy 12-14-2004 05:03 AM

Quote:

I told my husband this fall during the Red Sox-Yankees playoff series that due to the large Hispanic population of New York, by law all their locally produced baseball broadcasts had to be in Spanish. Since we aren't exactly Yankees fans here, he had no frame of reference. Since I understand a little Spanish, I "translated" for him.
That is funny, and totally something that I would believe.

I am trying to learn spanish, I think that it is a beautiful language.