ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

12"razormix 01-23-2007 04:06 PM

ecbatic, adv.

feeling blissfully indifferent and a wee bit elated at the same time

Razomrix leaned back ecbatically and read Coffee's last post. She had already fvcked this round up and couldn't care less, no, started to look forward to the next round of insolent definitions to come since, God knows, she had at least another 5-6 days to go before she could safely judge this round.

Hyakujo's Fox 01-23-2007 06:58 PM

:(

please, judge as you please

i have a word if required

Coffee 01-23-2007 10:38 PM

ecbatic

Feelings related to remorse, especialy after a joke was taken seriously.

Coffee ecbaticly posted a second definition in this round, despite personal qualms about submitting multiple definitions, after realizing that his attempt at a humorous definition related to H.Fox's "too prompt a judging" remark, was taken the wrong way.

Brynn 01-23-2007 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyakujo's Fox
there is such a thing as too prompt a judging you know

I'm sure all Mr. Fox meant here was to imply a certain gracious humility about being given the honor of judging, or perhaps to gently protest (in a courtly way) that Ms. Razormix had not provided the actual definition so that he could proceed in a timely manner as he is aching to do. We all know that judging is one of his very favorite things to do in the whole world, and he probably wants all the t's crossed before he begins.

ecbatic abj. - to be secretly delighted to judge a round of the Dictionary Game while pretending to simply want to "play the game."

Marcus Bales 01-23-2007 11:35 PM

ecbatic - the sudden realization that 56 million people voted for a man who cannot correctly pronounce the words "nuclear" or "vehicle" even after extensive coaching for an appearance on national television.

trisherina 01-24-2007 01:29 AM

ecbatic: overly self-referential.

Grandiose, at times with pressured speech and elation, Professor Clark once asked if I understood the ecbatic agenda around All laundry detergent.

12"razormix 01-24-2007 05:21 AM

*sigh*
my apologies to anyone who would like to sulk although it really isn't necessary!

just to clarify: i am not mad, i generally don't take anything posted here seriously and what h-fox meant was also pretty clear to me ( although i did forget to post the definition, i was a little bit in a rush - thanks brynn ;) ) here is the real definition:

ecbatic
denoting a mere result or consequence, as distinguished from telic, which denotes intention or purpose; thus "so that it was fulfilled," is ecbatic; if rendered "in order that it might be." etc., is telic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyakujo's Fox
i have a word if required

yes please :)

Marcus Bales 01-24-2007 08:39 AM

ecbatic - unable to read instructions, or follow them if read, no, not even if many examples are provided.

Hyakujo's Fox 01-24-2007 10:09 AM

why thank you 12''razormix!

now, moving right along...

jactitation

daverbee 01-24-2007 10:32 AM

jactitation

Pronounced "hahk-titation", jactitation is a tactical manoeuver in a race involving the javelina. Usually utilized when one is far behind in the race and extreme measures are required.

Seeing he had fallen six lengths behind the pack, Raul's quick jactitation resulted in victory as well as causing three racers directly in front to fall gracelessly to the ground. Every mount entered in the race was butchered, with the exception of the winner, and a great barbecue was enjoyed by all who attended. The winner is now in stud at a javelina farm in Lubbock, Texas.

Editttted for spellllling.

12"razormix 01-24-2007 10:52 AM

jactitation, n.

from Lat. iactare - to throw

the act of interjecting various remarks until they come back to bite you in the arse

trisherina 01-24-2007 10:52 AM

jactitation: The level of focus and attention applied to masturbation.

Marcus Bales 01-24-2007 01:41 PM

jactitation - the disturbance in your karma caused by someone forgiving you for having lied to them.

LeahDear 01-24-2007 02:18 PM

jactitation

Zoologists term for jackals secreting breastmilk for their cubs

Coffee 01-24-2007 03:11 PM

jactitation

A repetitive stress disorder of the elbow and wrist most commonly experienced by racing pit crews and service station employees, and less commonly by frequent masturbators.