ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

hypnoplasm 02-27-2008 04:19 AM

mundificant - a legal term for a person acting as a physical surrogate for another, especially for the purposes of capital punishment

Even if Hannah Montana is convicted and sentenced to death, she'll just hire a mundificant to go to the chair for her.

YsaPur EsChomuw 02-27-2008 04:42 AM

mundificant minor, trivial, unimportant, meaningless
Antonym: significant

Example:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Bales (Post 377784)
I feel mundificant.

Marcus Bales 02-27-2008 10:29 AM

Mundificant - the angel always pictured next to God, no, not the one with the sword, the other one -- an assistant, a go-fer.

YsaPur thinks she's the boss's Michael but she's really merely the Mundificant.

Stephi_B 02-27-2008 10:40 AM

mundificant adj
involved in a battle of words which is highly amusing for witnesses

Marcus Bales and YsaPur EsChomuw are mundificant not just in one thread.

Marcus Bales 02-28-2008 09:18 AM

mundificant - one whose world view is based on observation of the world, rather than driven by ideological concepts.

Among the zealots she was known derisively, but with some fear, as "Stephi The Mundificant".

treekisser 02-29-2008 12:35 PM

Mundificant, n. A home remedy for chronic spoonerisms prepared by a mixture of equal parts mustard and maalox with a dash of cayenne and administered in a suppository an hour before a planned public speaking engagement.

"My opponent likes to spend, but from my voint of piew, it is time to fay the piddler!", replied Senator McCain, the effect of his mundicant wearing off.

Marcus Bales 02-29-2008 02:37 PM

mundificant - an unsatisfactory substitue; one who offers himself in place of another, better qualified, person.

YsaPur reluctantly accepted Hoyt as a mundificant.

Brynn 02-29-2008 04:58 PM

thank you for all your shiny entries

Mun*dif"i*cant (?), a. [L. mundificans, p.pr. of mundificare to make clean, fr. mundus clean + -ficare (in comp.) to make. See -fy.]

Serving to cleanse and heal.
--
n.
A mundificant ointment or plaster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stephi B wins a date with this guy for this entry:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephi_B (Post 377592)
mundificant adj

word derived from Coatimundi n, a misnomer applied to solitary males of the racoon species Nasua nasua (or 'hog-nosed coon')
common in Central and South America and parts of North America

meaning: having the qualities of a Coatimundi, behaving like a Coatimundi

usage: almost exclusively in an affectionate way (mainly due to the amiable appearance of the name sake species)
and towards single men (preferably with distinctive noses) as in the original context of the noun

I met this mundificant man in my local pub, I'll tell you more later on, in private...

Well done!

Hi YsaPur! Having fun I hope?
Quote:

Originally Posted by YsaPur EsChomuw (Post 377596)
mundificant

A secret concoction used by Germanic tribe kings when coupling with their wife. It was used to (not what you’d think!) ensure the conception of a powerful heir, a mund, who would later become responsible over non-responsible members of the clan, i.e mostly children and women. They would counter all dangers and offenses (be they against the body or the honour).
The particle mund can be found today in many names of Germanic origin, for example: Sig(is)mund, Edmund (Edmond), Reginnmund (Raymond).

The recipe was secret, handed down for centuries from father to son, consisting of a combination of various ingredients, usually herbs, spices, condiments, (yes, Marcus Bales, it contained a whiff of Ysa Pur es Chomuw, too! :p ) mixed up together and macerated into a liquid.

YsaPur wins a hearty round of ale with this guy to discuss responsibility issues between the genders. Special note: many thanks for using the word "macerated"!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephi_B (Post 377954)
mundificant adj
involved in a battle of words which is highly amusing for witnesses

Marcus Bales and YsaPur EsChomuw are mundificant not just in one thread.

Um...I'll have to check the other threads sometime but as far as it goes here, I hate to say it out loud. So sorry! It's my own fault for not judging the game within twenty-four hours.

However Ysa Pur wins a fabulous cake and welcome party buffet for diving in so enthusiastically with all of her other efforts in this round, and is encouraged to "play nicely" with Marcus whether he deserves it or not:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by treekisser (Post 378532)
Mundificant, n. A home remedy for chronic spoonerisms prepared by a mixture of equal parts mustard and maalox with a dash of cayenne and administered in a suppository an hour before a planned public speaking engagement.

"My opponent likes to spend, but from my voint of piew, it is time to fay the piddler!", replied Senator McCain, the effect of his mundicant wearing off.

Treekisser gets to go to a romantic couples chi-gon massage from a natureopath with - who else? Have a great time, and don't forget to ask him why he became a sell-out as you get your complimentary herbal suppositaries, okay?:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Bales (Post 377765)
mundificant - a man of the world, a boulevardier, a flaneur, a worldly-wise and well-travelled fellow.

Hoyt's genially mundificant attitude on the Zefrank boards endeared him to everyone.

Marcus Bales wins
this exquisite portrait
for his bedroom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypnoplasm (Post 377899)
mundificant - a legal term for a person acting as a physical surrogate for another, especially for the purposes of capital punishment

Even if Hannah Montana is convicted and sentenced to death, she'll just hire a mundificant to go to the chair for her.

I loved this definition.
Hypnoplasm is awarded his very own volunteer "mundificant" should he ever have the misfortune to require one, and tickets to the next Hannah Montana concert. Enjoy enjoy enjoy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Bales (Post 377951)
Mundificant - the angel always pictured next to God, no, not the one with the sword, the other one -- an assistant, a go-fer.

YsaPur thinks she's the boss's Michael but she's really merely the Mundificant.

This definition made me laugh until the example sentence killed it. If only Marcus had left out the curmudgeonly "let's tease the newcomer" element.
However (and this is the best prize yet) he wins a supernumerary role in the Opera Company of Philadelphia's next production! See details. He also wins Semi-Coveted Third Place Runner-Up Position Of Honor For Those Who Obviously Don't Like To Judge And Therefore Make Sure That All His Other Offerings Cancel Out The Good Ones

Then we have this breezy entry:
Quote:

Originally Posted by xfox (Post 377723)
mundificant magnificant's poor cousin.

Magnificant? You win the magnifican, I say, as in
Cans Seurat and this close-up. Congratulations! You are also the Coveted Second Place Runner-Up In Case This Next Guy Weasels Out Of His Yearly Obligation To Judge

Hfox, I'm sorry. I know we have an unwritten pact, but I have to break it for this one:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyakujo's Fox (Post 377673)
mundificant (n) possessing a extraordinary degree of ordinariness.

As he would lay his head onto the pillow, he was often struck by the sheer mundificance of the day that had passed.

Wonderful. You win a fancy camera for your assistant to take pictures like this beaut while you are judging the next round because you are The Winner (And Now You Must Tear Yourself Away From Your Fascinating Life to Judge The Next Round Because You Are the Judge And That's All There Is To It Happy Fun Times Forever)
Oh, and a box of my favorite cereal as a peace offering;)

Hyakujo's Fox 03-01-2008 08:38 PM

ah, thank you Brynn, and rest assured no good deed will go unpunished.

now, I searched high and low for the perfect word with the right balance of ambiguity and suggestiveness, but at the final moment decided that instead of that to go with

crunchatize

YsaPur EsChomuw 03-02-2008 01:57 AM

crunchatize - to inflict great physical and mental distress by undeliverable promises of sweet nothingness.

trisherina 03-02-2008 02:14 AM

crunchatize: to elicit a particularly strenuous moue of distaste.

Jack Flanders 03-02-2008 02:53 AM

crunchitize: to physically measure the pressure of resistance of cereal against the back human molars.

xfox 03-02-2008 03:39 PM

crunchitize engineering term for collapse due to the dead weight of a lifetime subscription to National Geographic in one's attic.

YsaPur EsChomuw 03-02-2008 04:47 PM

crunchitize – a gastronomic expression originally from the cannibal cuisine of natural diet. The activity involves secret ingredients, a human being on a spit and fire to produce the desired result of making a crunching sound when chewed.

12"razormix 03-02-2008 05:38 PM

chrunchatize, v.

to age ungracefully