ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

dddrum 03-17-2006 04:19 AM

*SIDEBAR*==> T-Shirt Idea: "Blam ethe typist."

zinkiferous adj. - reminiscent of the writings of Zin Kifer, poet laureate of Latvia and host of the popular television show Whose Sonnet Is It, After All? Kifer's bawdy imagery and deliberate, stumbling meter have provoked many a knowing smile, wistful tear, or phlegmy glottal cluck out of poetry buffs from Aizkraukle to the Saldus. Consequently, his style is widely imitated all over Eastern Europe, albeit by talentless hacks with no discernable chops of their own. But, as Kifer himself put it, "Vascha gana duden / Hanh?"*

*Z. Kifer, "Ode to a Bratwurst" (Ligo Presz,1983)

Master_Jedi 03-17-2006 08:57 PM

7? only 7?!?!?! surely we cand do 3 more lol, im pushin it, but i mean, ya lol, ill see wht happens, i'll prolly judge tomm. when i get back form the library, so see ya then lol

funkytuba 03-18-2006 07:08 AM

zinkiferous - relating to the class of trees that bear cones made of metal because they are made of metal

We had been buying live trees until the tree salesman convinced us to by a zinkiferous one; now we've got little metal shavings all over the house.

Hyakujo's Fox 03-18-2006 07:18 AM

zinkiferous (a) childishly rebellious, literally, relating to Lucifer's little brother Zinkifer. Zinkifer never seemed to quite capture the attention that his brother had obtained with his angel rebellion. The worst Zinkifer could come up with was trying to start a rumour God had invented alcohol at the end of the sixth day (which he saw to be very good indeed until the early hours of the morning) and had actually spent the seventh day resting his hangover. For this, God subsequently sent Zinkifer to his room for the next 10^47 years.

xfox 03-18-2006 12:05 PM

zinkerferous a small type of Roman bath carried by slaves at orgies for washing appendages only. The user would simply call out "zinkerferous".

xfox 03-18-2006 12:10 PM

zinkiferous a small type of Roman bath carried by slaves at orgies for washing appendages. The user would simply call out "zinkiferous".

trisherina 03-18-2006 01:00 PM

zinkiferous: Descriptive term for the distinctive scent of the crown of an infant's head.

Master_Jedi 03-19-2006 01:06 PM

im judging now

Master_Jedi 03-19-2006 01:29 PM

The Judging

Well I'm Done...

o wait, nevermind... OK, well, i have held off judging long enough, so here i go.

The Reality of this word is "Containing or Bearing Zinc"

Leah Dear gets the simplicity award for
zinki
(coll) olde english
stink, smell, to emit a strong foul odour

ferous
(suff)
bearing, producing, containing

one who stinks, farts too much, doesn't wash very often

NaverHornet aka DaverBee gets the Food Network Award for
zinkiferous

The condition of Zsa Zsa Gabor's kitchen after an especially wild Latvian party she hosted. Since we all know the Hungarians don't get along with the Latvians you can imagine the carnage...*shudder*...

MB aka Marcus B aka M Bales aka Marcus Bales gets the Saint Patty's Day Award for
zinkiferous -- Drunk, inebriated. So drunk one is stiff as iron. German "Zinfandel", wine, + Greek "kai", and, + Latin "ferous", iron.

Footy, aka Footlong gets the Lakes of Fire award for
zinkiferous, adj.

pertaining to or relating to the devil

Molly had put her foot down firmly. Why she would never! Wilbur's latest purchase, a zinkiferous, lime green velvet lamp shade, sat atop the garbage can in the backyard like a festive new lid and lent the garden a whole new sovereign flair.

Zatoichi aka Zatty gets the Feta Cheese Pie for

zinkiferous -- A characterization of an off taste in goat milk. The 4-H set has taken to imitating the oenophiles in developing a pretentious and opaque language to describe the commonplace, but instead of "oaky and redolent of blackberry bark", they use words like "zinkiferous, which is to say that the goat has been eating tin cans again."

Funky Tuba aka FT aka The Funk Meister gets the infamous Couldn't think of an award name award for

zinkiferous - relating to the class of trees that bear cones made of metal because they are made of metal

We had been buying live trees until the tree salesman convinced us to by a zinkiferous one; now we've got little metal shavings all over the house.

Hyakujo's Fox aka HF aka HYA FOX gets the Weirdo Devil Refrences award for

zinkiferous (a) childishly rebellious, literally, relating to Lucifer's little brother Zinkifer. Zinkifer never seemed to quite capture the attention that his brother had obtained with his angel rebellion. The worst Zinkifer could come up with was trying to start a rumour God had invented alcohol at the end of the sixth day (which he saw to be very good indeed until the early hours of the morning) and had actually spent the seventh day resting his hangover. For this, God subsequently sent Zinkifer to his room for the next 10^47 years.

XFOX aka XF aka X Babay gets the Double poster award and the bad images award for

zinkiferous a small type of Roman bath carried by slaves at orgies for washing appendages. The user would simply call out "zinkiferous".

Trisherina aka Trishy gets the Ummm OK? award for

zinkiferous: Descriptive term for the distinctive scent of the crown of an infant's head.

DDD aka Drum aka Chocolate Thunda gets the Reality Check, and the Best Latvian Refrence Award and the most wanted 2nd Place because i couldnt let you win beacause of nepetism for
zinkiferous adj. - reminiscent of the writings of Zin Kifer, poet laureate of Latvia and host of the popular television show Whose Sonnet Is It, After All? Kifer's bawdy imagery and deliberate, stumbling meter have provoked many a knowing smile, wistful tear, or phlegmy glottal cluck out of poetry buffs from Aizkraukle to the Saldus. Consequently, his style is widely imitated all over Eastern Europe, albeit by talentless hacks with no discernable chops of their own. But, as Kifer himself put it, "Vascha gana duden / Hanh?"*

Coffee aka Coff Coff aka Tea aka Cream Boy gets the Time Traveler Award, and the Win for

zinkiferous (sic) (Actual spelling is zinciferrous :rolleyes...but then, it is a term pulled out of the future...I'm amazed M.Jedi got as close as he did)

A term that will not be in common usage for another 127 years when the unique combinatory properties of Zinc and Iron are discovered. The well known magnetic properties of Iron and the electrical field dispersing properties of Zinc will prove to be the 22nd century's alchemical philosopher stone, allowing transmutation via magnetic fields controlled by coils of zinciferrous alloys, of various minerals and metals without the need for complex forging and smelting processes known to today's limited metal manufacturing technology which has reached the end of it's ability to create new alloys simply using heat and pressure. Coils and contoured pads of zinciferrous alloys will also be key components and the foundations of the first anti gravity devices, opening the resources of space as a commercially accesible frontier...as well as, of course , the inevitable colonization of other planets and other star systems.
And I probably shouldn't have said anything about this...the squid overlords might get upset with me...

SO TAKE IT COFFEE!!! And always remember, WE MUST REBEL AGAINST THE LATVIANS :mad:

trisherina 03-19-2006 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master_Jedi
Ummm OK?

If.

you ever have children of your own, or are left to care for an infant, look for a blue tin. It will explain everything.

dddrum 03-19-2006 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trisherina
If you ever have children of your own, or are left to care for an infant, look for a blue tin. It will explain everything.

I'm afraid that's my bad, Trish. When he was an infant, we couldn't afford ointment. We were forced to use cream cheese instead. When I say forced, I mean it literally. Believe me, we would sooner have tried Pepsodent (for its minty smell), but our local Fresian Dairy ran a rough trade. Well, come to find out, the Dom of this dairy, the Capo del Chino... the head cheese, if you catch my drift... wasn't Fresian at all. He was actually a Latvian.

[PAUSE FOR ASTOUNDED GASPS]

This not only explains my son's abiding hatred and mistrust of a certain European peoples, but also his strange affinity for smoked fish. And now you know

.................................................. ........the rest

.................................................. ......................of the story!

Master_Jedi 03-20-2006 01:25 PM

if coffee dont respond by 7 pm tonite in eastern timee, then DDD wind by default

Coffee 03-20-2006 02:21 PM

Responding...but without a word in my holster from shock at having won this thing...

I'lll have a new word shortly

Coffee 03-20-2006 02:26 PM

And not 5 minutes later...here it is.

vicegerent

The new word in need of definition is vicegerent

Zatoichi 03-20-2006 02:53 PM

vicegerent -- n. Someone not quite old. -- adj. (i) Not quite old in nature, (ii) of or pertaining to a not-quite-old person.

"Fred remarked his own shift from middle age into vicegerentia when he noticed that he was paying close attention to TV advertisements featuring Bob Dole."