ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

Master_Jedi 03-20-2006 04:59 PM

vicegerent- A Latvian dinner party where everyone wears clothes made from the illegal pigs (refer to my definition about the Finnish some time ago)

daverbee 03-20-2006 05:16 PM

vicegerent
(Also vicegerence)

Relating to the sense of relief felt when a person avoids the Dictionary Game thread for some length of time and learns upon finally opening it that they have not won.

Daver felt a sensation of vicegerence fall over him, calming his troubled spirit, when he saw Coffee's most appropriate word posted after the last competition.

kaskeens 03-21-2006 12:06 AM

vicegerent

vicegerent-the second grandparent in line on the paternal side, usually the great grandfather, or in the case of the many divorces of todays society, the step-parents father who is known as grandpa. So, therefore it can be either a great grandfather or just a grandfather, hardly ever a female though, because as we all know female geriatrics have no vices.

12"razormix 03-21-2006 02:44 AM

vicegerent, n.

a disinfecting toilet bowl cleaner

Marcus Bales 03-21-2006 01:07 PM

vicegerent - a rhetorical device, a series of nouns used in a resonant order to create the effect of finality.

Rocks, fens, bogs, dens and shades of death
--John Milton, Paradise Lost

trisherina 03-22-2006 01:14 AM

vicegerent: A capricious measure, viz: the difference between Beatles and Stones fans can be measured in vicegerents.

funkytuba 03-22-2006 02:52 AM

vicegerent - the one person who knows what really transpired to land Richard Gere in the hospital that fateful night

LeahDear 03-22-2006 09:34 AM

vicegerent

The feeling of deep humiliation when one becomes aware of a huge social faux pas made.

Sally was vicegerent to realise that she had spent the last 45 minutes in a bar with her skirt tucked in the back of her knickers after using the bathroom.

xfox 03-22-2006 11:22 AM

vicegerent adj. premature corruption

dinzdale 03-22-2006 05:42 PM

vicegerent adj. (Vis-sedge-er-rant)

Pertaining to the smell of an unwashed vadge.

Marcy did not believe Peter's story about dropping a tuna sanwich in his lap, as his trousers were quite obviously vicegerent.

Coffee 03-23-2006 05:33 AM

Ok ok. I'm not going to drag this out too long. I have a chance to grade your papers tonight, and I might be pressed for time soon so...the

DECIDING

================================================

Zatoichi does not quite win (i)and not quite wins and (ii)wins not quite with his redundant but very officious looking:

vicegerent -- n. Someone not quite old. -- adj. (i) Not quite old in nature, (ii) of or pertaining to a not-quite-old person.

"Fred remarked his own shift from middle age into vicegerentia when he noticed that he was paying close attention to TV advertisements featuring Bob Dole."

kaskeens loses in the second generation, since that's about where you lost me with:

vicegerent-the second grandparent in line on the paternal side, usually the great grandfather, or in the case of the many divorces of todays society, the step-parents father who is known as grandpa. So, therefore it can be either a great grandfather or just a grandfather, hardly ever a female though, because as we all know female geriatrics have no vices.

Master_Jedi , our rising dictionary star regretably, and quite by accident, falls face first in the mud with his swine reference since the judge is a bacon lover. :( No, you couldn't have known, the Latvians never mention that kind of thing, but nevertheless, oh the poor pigs...), and also for expecting the judge to actually go back and "refer"...like there is a farking index? Fark that, you lose with:

vicegerent- A Latvian dinner party where everyone wears clothes made from the illegal pigs (refer to my definition about the Finnish some time ago)

12"razormix does not clean up with:

vicegerent, n.

a disinfecting toilet bowl cleaner

Marcus, poet farcus, you lose.
Does that create the effect of finality?

vicegerent - a rhetorical device, a series of nouns used in a resonant order to create the effect of finality.

Rocks, fens, bogs, dens and shades of death
--John Milton, Paradise Lost

LeahDear, guilt, humiliation, and shame are all wasted emotions...as is hope...you lose with:

vicegerent

The feeling of deep humiliation when one becomes aware of a huge social faux pas made.

Sally was vicegerent to realise that she had spent the last 45 minutes in a bar with her skirt tucked in the back of her knickers after using the bathroom.

xfox, this was very plausible, and made me smile, a little...not enough to win though. Maybe if you had used it in a definition, in a humorous way, that referenced some celebrity/leader...or had bribed me, or something:

vicegerent adj. premature corruption

sigh...yet another tired old vaginal definition, and even a pathetic tuna fish reference...omg, was this a trick definition?! :rolleyes: I think I speak for us all when I say that we expect far more from you Dinzdale...maybe you had an off day cuz this definition really stank, this really belonged at the top of this list in last place, but i didn't want to start off so negatively in my critiques:

vicegerent adj. (Vis-sedge-er-rant)

Pertaining to the smell of an unwashed vadge.

Marcy did not believe Peter's story about dropping a tuna sanwich in his lap, as his trousers were quite obviously vicegerent.

shame shame shame

The choice between #2 and #1 in this competition could be vicegerent as Trish Shows with her:

vicegerent: A capricious measure, viz: the difference between Beatles and Stones fans can be measured in vicegerents.

Because Funkytuba's 2nd place entry actualy had some entertainment value with his cliff hanger tabloid mystery entry:

vicegerent - the one person who knows what really transpired to land Richard Gere in the hospital that fateful night

And our WINNER also entertained but won out since it allowed me to say that I hope our good friend Daverbee does Not experience a sense of vicegerence upon finding his name at the bottom of this list (by pulling another absent spell). Yes Daver finds himself head once again of a pack of mostly good efforts (dinz...pfft :rolleyes: ) from disapointed dictionarians this time around. Using the judge's name within Daverbee's definition did Not influence this judge, but it didn't hurt either ;).

vicegerent
(Also vicegerence)

Relating to the sense of relief felt when a person avoids the Dictionary Game thread for some length of time and learns upon finally opening it that they have not won.

Daver felt a sensation of vicegerence fall over him, calming his troubled spirit, when he saw Coffee's most appropriate word posted after the last competition.

So take it away Daverbee, as current and soon to be deposed "ruler" of this thread I appoint you vicegerent for the next word.

=======================================

Actual definition of:
vicegerent

n : someone appointed by a ruler as an administrative deputy

daverbee 03-23-2006 02:57 PM

Hooray. How nice. Thanks. Ever so grateful.
OK:

hachure

The new word is hachure

Marcus Bales 03-23-2006 04:24 PM

The new word is hachure

G' bless you!

dinzdale 03-23-2006 04:52 PM

hachure n.

A snorkel that fits over the nostrils only and is flat in profile, the twin tubes running behind the ears and exiting behind the head.
Originally developed during WWII by German minge scientists in preparation for the invasion of Southern England. Each stormtrooper was to be issued with one for the secret mission of enabling them to perform cunnilingus for unlimited periods, thus undermining the Allied forces efforts via the female population. German soldiers trained for hours in secret tongue bathing laboratories in the Ruhr valley near the town of Pistenflapz, and achieved extended box lunches that lasted a whole afternoon.
As fate would have it, the only hachures were issued to a crack team from the 5th Sturmbahnfuhrer Klitmunchen Y Brigade, and records show that they in fact went missing, only to be found after the war locked in Mrs Goebbels back bedroom.

LeahDear 03-23-2006 04:59 PM

Hachure - Pronunciation (Ha-chew-ray)

A relatively unknown branch of yoga practiced by the elusive Hachurian monks who are rumoured to reside in a tiny principality called Hachu, high up in the Himalayas. Hachure is believed to bestow the practitioner with the magical ability to read minds, levitate and see through walls, although this is still unproven as an authentic Hachurian monk is yet to be captured alive for clinical trials.