ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   This Is The Thread Where We Have An Announcement To Make... (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12624)

YsaPur EsChomuw 07-28-2011 10:44 AM

zero is pregnant!

Hyakujo's Fox 07-28-2011 11:03 AM

*insert nerdy joke about multiplication*

Coffee 07-28-2011 04:03 PM

1. Yay!
2. Yawn, old news.
3. Huge grats!!!

lukkucairi 07-29-2011 08:15 PM

Mum is sick again. She is having a really good time with it and is quite cheerful planning for her death. While I am appreciative that she wants me to come visit so she can mark the things I'll want to inherit and get rid of the rest over the next couple of months, it's BEYOND weird and let's just say I'm having some trouble believing that she actually will be dead by Christmas, as she is planning to be.

YsaPur EsChomuw 07-29-2011 11:15 PM

^ och, I'm so sorry, lukku! it's so hard...

but I admire your Mum's uplifted head against what she feels is approaching

brightpearl 07-30-2011 07:02 AM

My grandmother planned her death several years before she actually died. When she did get sick quite a while later, it gave her a lot of comfort, I think, to know that my mom and I wouldn't have to arrange anything and that all her things were going where she wanted them to go. She wasn't cheerful about dying, exactly, but she was at peace with it and warned me that it would happen soon. I think people can feel it, sometimes.

If she will let you say it, maybe it would help if you express to her when you get there that you are sad about losing her and don't want her to go yet. Acknowledge the elephant so you can send it in another room, sort of, and get on with helping your mom with what she wants to do.

The course of cancer is notoriously difficult to predict, so you're right to be skeptical. :)

lukkucairi 07-31-2011 08:47 PM

Thanks guys -

Right now it's more weird than anything else. She SO wants to go, and I am, frankly, ready for her to go. Whether or not she will go any time soon...who knows?

Philosophically, I've just gotten to this place where it's so much easier to want for her what she wants for herself. It's kind of spread out into the rest of my life. Not like I'm passive, but I feel this urge to get out of the way of things. It could be years before she kicks off, or it could be two weeks from now. The uncertainty is a really hard lesson :(

Frieda 08-04-2011 02:13 PM

^:( *hugs*

i would like to announce that because of lack of 24-hours/week IT-jobs during recovery of my neck hernia they have now moved me to recruitment. and honestly, i am surprised to say i actually like it.

Frieda 08-08-2011 07:24 PM

Boo for ovarian cystststst!

Brynn 08-09-2011 04:33 AM

^ sorry Lukkuu and Frieda. No fun.

More no fun. I just got laid off. Again.

YsaPur EsChomuw 08-09-2011 11:28 PM

^&^^ oh no! :( I wish you didn't have to go through this.

Frieda 08-11-2011 12:35 PM

yay for ovarian cystststst rupturing during the ultrasound examination!

that was interesting. now i hope it stays gone.

Brynn 08-12-2011 11:20 AM

WOW! That is action-packed! But it must have hurt....

lukkucairi 08-20-2011 07:57 AM

I'm in the airport on the way *back* from visiting Mum - she is better than she was sounding on the phone :p

Getting used to this "oh I'm about to die whoops no I feel fine" stuff is a difficult lesson. She's still quite ill, coughing all the time, tumors, advancing cancer etc - not getting better, just some days she FEELS like she's dying and some days it seems rather more theoretical. I suspect that she was pleased to see me, so she felt better while I was with her.

Thanks for being here on this thread and absorbing some of the excess difficult energy I need to dump off once in a while. Sometimes I'm not sure what to do with myself, and with it, and with whatnot. Everything else seems to be going along OK - more scans soon, results in September, and my husband and I will come back and visit her in late October. And she'll tell me *again* where the deed to the apartment is, and where she's put the extra bits for the fire doors, and not to sell her place too cheaply to the old biddy who lives upstairs :rolleyes:

Frieda: owie! Glad the investigation turned out to be the treatment! And no more cystststs for you!

Frieda 10-30-2011 07:17 PM

speeding tickets suck big blue monkey balls! :mad: :mad: