ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Mo's Posts (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=16705)

MoJoRiSin 09-05-2009 04:25 PM

who knew?

Later they were given the name Savoiardi
and recognised as an "official" court biscuit.

copy and pasted
without permission
from wikipedia dot com
re ladyfingers

MoJoRiSin 09-05-2009 05:59 PM

is there really no thread entitled "biscuits" ?
where in the hay did you post about biscuits prior to the
teatime thread?
in the meantime
(while waiting for a response) here is an old post to revisit......
Quote:

Originally Posted by lapietra (Post 176802)
http://www.best-gourmet.com/images/31a.jpg

Le Biscuit Rose de Rheims

I have to admit - I was pretty underwhelmed with these when i tried them... they kinda tasted stale - especially compared to the ladyfingers I'd just made from scratch recently. They're kind of like ladyfingers, but baked 'til they're very stiff and crunchy, with a little almond flavor.
Maybe they're better with champagne... ;)

MoJoRiSin 09-08-2009 12:36 PM

fyi only

mo is no longer
gainfully employed
from now on out,
however,
i will do my utmost,
to show up at tea time
and not a moment sooner
Yours truly and sincerely,
OX L,Mo

MoJoRiSin 09-09-2009 12:29 PM

here's the thing.....
he high tailed it to france
and hung around with all
the laughing girls with the shaved heads
for quite some time

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.

Where liberty dwells, there is my country.

God grant that not only the love of liberty but a thorough knowledge of the rights of man may pervade all the nations of the earth, so that a philosopher may set his foot anywhere on its surface and say: This is my country.

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.

He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas.

If you would not be forgotten
As soon as you are dead and rotten,
Either write things worthy reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Never confuse motion with action.

This will be the best security for maintaining our liberties. A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the religion of ignorance that tyranny begins.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.

Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.

To find out a girl’s faults, praise her to her girl friends.

Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other men, but a right that belongs to us by the laws of God and nature.

Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.

Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.

The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.

He’s a fool who cannot conceal his wisdom.

What is the use of a new-born child? (When asked the use of a new invention)

...a frequent recurrence to fundamental principles...is absolutely necessary to preserve the blessings of liberty and keep a government free.

There is no kind of dishonesty into which otherwise good people mroe easily and more frequently fall than that of defrauding the government.

MoJoRiSin 09-09-2009 12:31 PM

^ of course in public they wore grayed haired wigs :)

MoJoRiSin 09-09-2009 08:15 PM

today i was driving down the highway
(#217)
and read on the big electric flashing markee::
"we will pick you up"
this was someitme after i heard this in the
Rite Aide or some such:
"And even as I wander Im keeping you in sight
Youre a candle in the window on a cold, dark winters night
And Im getting closer than I ever thought I might

And I cant fight this feeling anymore
Ive forgotten what I started fighting for
Its time to bring this ship into the shore
And throw away the oars, forever

Cause I cant fight this feeling anymore
Ive forgotten what I started fighting for
And if I have to crawl upon the floor
Come crushing through your door
Baby, I cant fight this feeling anymore."
~REO Speedwagon

it sure doesn't take too much to mqake mo laugh
these days

MoJoRiSin 09-09-2009 08:56 PM

happy nine nine ohnine
youse guys
over and out
((until mañana))
OX L,Mo :)

post script who is here ?

MoJoRiSin 09-10-2009 11:52 AM

How on earth can p[eople forget how to love Lukku?
(well, i meant "live: but the typo remains)

here is a synopsis of the most depressing movie i have ever seen::

Krug vtoroj, 1990
[The Second Circle]

A solitary figure trudges through the inclement weather of a vast, remote Siberian wilderness. An unyielding gust of wind brings the young man (Pyotr Aleksandrov) to his knees as he attempts to avert the caustic, sustained force of the snowstorm, momentarily obscuring him from view, erased from the harsh and desolate landscape. The stark, monochromatic image of the film then cuts to an ironically appropriate impersonal and nondescript official title sequence, as the premature sound of a knock on a door seemingly intrudes on the necessity to present information on the film's certification. It is a subtle reminder of life's evolving process: the intrusive nature and unexpected inevitability of death. The film reopens to a jarring, oddly lit image of the gaunt young man standing by the foot of his father's bed in a cramped and squalid apartment. The dispatched medical technicians dispassionately confirm his father's death from natural causes, but explain that they cannot issue a death certificate, pragmatically remarking "You should have placed him in a hospital. Everything would have been easier then." Left alone in the apartment, the son compassionately observes his father's inanimate countenance before preparing his father's body for burial: selecting his best suit, bathing him in the snow in the absence of running water in the apartment, transporting his father's body to the outpatient clinic for a death certificate examination. Without knowing the actual cause of death, the doctor suggests a beaurocratically expedient determination of cancer, rationalizing that "now everything is considered cancer." Having been issued a death certificate, the son then meets with the undertaker (Nadezhda Rodnova), an abrasive and insensitive businesswoman who is quick to assess the family's limited means and treats the overwhelmed young man with disrespect and open hostility, especially as the financially strapped son begins to question some ancillary costs included in the itemized funeral bill. As the dutiful son continues to encounter emotional isolation, antipathy, and an impersonal commodification of the burial process, can he restore the sanctity of the ritual and retain the dignity of his beloved father's memory?

Aleksandr Sokurov creates a haunting, austere, and emotionally honest examination of death, bereavement, and loneliness in The Second Circle. The title of the film refers to the second circle of hell depicted in The Divine Comedy, Volume I: Inferno by Dante Alighieri, the realm of damnation where the souls (of the lustful) are punished by the eternal lashing of a raging, infernal storm (note the referential parallel imagery of the opening blizzard scene). Using high contrast, raw, monochromatic imagery, and spare, but deliberate use of close-up shots, Sokurov reflects the soul's innate longing for compassion, human decency, and spiritual communion in an increasingly amoral, apathetic, and materialistic society: the atypical rapid intercutting of medium and long shots as the son washes his father's body in the snow; the innocent reassurance of the doctor's young son, Seyozha, who attempts to comfort him by saying "everything's going to be all right"; the chaotic and near violent bus ride that results in theft; the extended shot of the son's long, melancholic gaze after opening his father's eyes for a final glimpse. In the end, the doctor's parting words, "the most terrible thing has been left behind" echoes the resigned sentiment of the epilogue verse "Lucky are the nearest and dearest of ours who died before us" - a prophetic observation of the painful and isolating process of grief, longing, and survival.

© Acquarello 2002. All rights reserved.
copy and psted from filmref dot com

http://filmref.com/directors/dirpages/sokurov.html

MoJoRiSin 09-10-2009 12:53 PM

for mo, not remembering how to live was part of the the path

MoJoRiSin 09-11-2009 02:00 PM

when mo was driving this am
the morse code post
made her think og her dad
who was a radar guy
in WWII
on the uss essex
he had lost his hearing in his right ear due to aht he always said was a bomb
but mo finds out his ship was hit by a kamikaze pilot
and all of the sudden mo wandered (while driving)
if perhaps he ever blamed himself :(
then this
on the internet there is a suposed photo of the event
huh?
oh i get it the Japanese send photographers on such events
every thing is clear now

MoJoRiSin 09-11-2009 05:30 PM

one word (alternate)
tribe

MoJoRiSin 09-12-2009 03:39 AM

if you are reading this and don't know why mo is posting it....

GET WITH THE PICTURE@

t time space voyager, Stott has trained to capture Japan's new HTV cargo capsule with the station's robot arm as the unmanned supply ship coasts within 30 feet of the station.
The HTV was launched from the Tanegashima Space Center in southern Japan on Thursday.
The Japanese supply craft, loaded with food, science experiments and other hardware, is expected to reach the station on September 17.
"That will be exciting for us," Stott said this week. "The vehicle flies up, and we go to work with the big robot arm to pick it out of space -- grab it! -- bring it in and dock it to the station.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...7lJCMvYgqgTCAA
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
i love this!

MoJoRiSin 09-12-2009 06:31 PM

"it wasn't designed specifically for the American market" ??

referring to:
the english version of this song :
I want to hold your hand

MoJoRiSin 09-12-2009 09:34 PM

"i can have any woman i want"

which one of you said this ?

alrighty then, you win the booby prize

MoJoRiSin 09-13-2009 01:15 AM

imagine this everyone
you are born in a small village
and ever since you can remember
your parents have been telling you those