ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   GOOD READING (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   A Little Reading About Hamlet: Are You Kidding? (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=9468)

RonPrice 05-18-2006 02:59 AM

A Little Reading About Hamlet: Are You Kidding?

WHELLING UP

Hamlet's immediate need is to calm himself, to escape into solitude, there to recover self-mastery and come to a clear understanding of the altered state of things. Hamlet, like us, is many things, things which melt with kaleidoscopic swiftness from one form to another: historic personage, fragment of an autobiography, person in a family matrix, mystery, eternally fascinating, eternally inscrutable, scholar, poet, philosopher,
thankless reformer, finely observant. Action is, in the end, the meaning in a man. We tinge all of nature and reality with the sound of its voice and the colour of its playful dance.
-Ron Price with thanks to Claude Williamson, compiler, Readings on the Character of Hamlet, Allen and Unwin, London, 1950; and Rumi in Discourses of Rumi, A.J. Arberry, John Murray Pub., 1961, p.86.

We can achieve, some of us, self-realization,
in part, in isolation, in creative sustenance,
the changing nature and increasing maturity
of our work—more than in relationships—an
autonomous development of a point of view,
a perspective, largely impervious to the ideas
of others, free from the imposed will of another,
some inner compulsion to create, order, define,
put words to, some passionate intensity, an
exaggeration of qualities found in everyone.
And here, there, action whells up like a Niagara,
spraying everything near with a cool mist, a sign
that not far off a surging, plunging river is creating
a beauty that is one of the wonders of the world.

Ron Price
21 November 1997

Avalon 05-18-2006 09:08 AM

I used to have a guinea pig named Hamlet. He couldn't read and he didn't like to be read to either. And he didn't like ham.

karma_queen 05-18-2006 04:30 PM

i have a goldfish called tschaikovsky

Smartypants 05-18-2006 04:35 PM

I ate a cheese danish this morning.

ambo 05-18-2006 04:40 PM

Isn't that funny? I had cereal.

russell 08-05-2006 06:47 PM

I ate a chinese food, of which I don't remember the name, and it sure tasted ugly.

Brynn 08-25-2006 08:31 AM

this is v. good reading.

jasmina 08-25-2006 12:11 PM

There's no stopping our Ron

[Ron Price] takes look at saggy pants ban
Dallas school trustee Ron Price recommended the ban at Wednesday's council meeting, following through on a plan he announced Tuesday. Mr. Price wants the city to create an ordinance to allow police to cite people who wear their pants too low.
"Too low," he said, allows too much underwear to show.
Most of the nine council members who addressed Mr. Price at the meeting said the idea merits discussion. Some said an ordinance was needed, while others felt a public campaign involving the city, schools, parents and the community would be the way to go. Some of the 14 council members said nothing.

Mr. Price, dressed in a suit, his usual attire at public meetings, said the effort is aimed not only at children, but also grown men who walk around with their underwear exposed. "We have a problem in our city," Mr. Price said. He ran a slogan by the council that he's given to the initiative: "Pull it up, or pay up."

RonPrice 12-08-2006 09:36 PM

"Ham" For Lunch

I don't "let" it trouble me if I don't have "ham" for lunch, but I do take interest in the 15 different "Ron Price's" on the internet. there's wife beaters, evangelists, car dealers, a whole pile of different Ron Prices at different websites, a Dean of Information Systems, a chap at Healing Harps, good god I could go on and on--so--be warned Ron Price's are a dog's breakfast of chaps with lean meat, fine cuts and lots of rubbish. See you all in the new year, 2007!-Ron Price, a fine cut for everyman....yessireebob.

Hyakujo's Fox 12-09-2006 03:11 AM

But you're still the only Ron Price that comes here to post about being a Ron Price.

Avalon 12-09-2006 11:33 AM

Ron Price: Still full of himself after all these years

Still a hit and run poster, eh Ron?

Imitiation is the sincerest form of flattery ( or so they say..but who are "they"? )
SO,

Be nice to the lesser Ron Prices of the Internet or you won't get to join the club and get the really cool decoder ring. :)

madasacutsnake 12-11-2006 08:03 AM

So on Saturday, I'm thinking to myself "I miss Ron, shall I bump one of his threads just for the hell of it" and lo and behold he posts. Candyman, candyman......................

craig johnston 12-11-2006 08:25 AM

i dunno. the guy spends the whole time wondering whether he should rub out his uncle, gets moody, pisses everyone off and then messes up completely so that everyone dies.
i like the bloke who cleverly stays out of the way, only to turn up just at the right moment to take over after the carnage. what was his name? cool dude, they should have writtten a play about him instead.

:)

Tunesmith 12-12-2006 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craig johnston
i dunno. the guy spends the whole time wondering whether he should rub out his uncle, gets moody, pisses everyone off and then messes up completely so that everyone dies.
i like the bloke who cleverly stays out of the way, only to turn up just at the right moment to take over after the carnage. what was his name? cool dude, they should have writtten a play about him instead.

:)

You're thinking of Horatio. I know there's a novel about Claudius and Gertrude and, of course, Tom Stoppard's famous play about Ros and Guil, but i've never heard of anything about him. That'd be awesome. :)

One question: if Ron is so much of a celebrity on these boards, then why doesn't he post more often?

Avalon 12-12-2006 12:38 PM

Quote:

One question: if Ron is so much of a celebrity on these boards, then why doesn't he post more often?

Maybe...
He feels he has outgrown us..and now astounded to find there are other RonPrice's that use the Internet! :eek:

He is the Greta Garbo type..He vants to be alone, dahling...

He is sharing the wealth that is RonPrice on other boards, writing other books, and jamming with Seals and Croft....

:p