ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Mo's Posts (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=16705)

MoJoRiSin 01-30-2009 09:47 PM

Find illuminating interactive games and explore an exciting world of words with
Merriam-Webster's Visual Dictionary Online.
http://visual.merriam-webster.com/

The Word of the Day for January 30 is:

garble \GAR-bul\ verb
1 : to sift impurities from
2 *a : to so alter or distort as to create a wrong impression or change the
meaning b : to introduce textual error into (a message) by inaccurate
encipherment, transmission, or decipherment

Example sentence:
Jim's stage debut was a success, for the most part, though he did garble a
few of his lines in the opening scene.

Did you know?
"Garble" developed from Late Latin "cribellare," a verb meaning "to sift."
Arabic speakers borrowed "cribellare" as "gharbala," and the Arabic word passed
into Old Italian as "garbellare"; both of these words also meant "to sift." When
the word first entered Middle English as "garbelen," its meaning stayed close to
the original; it meant "to sort out the best." But that sort of sifting can
cause a distortion, and in early Modern English "garble" came to mean "to
distort the meaning or sound of."

MoJoRiSin 01-30-2009 10:03 PM

Word by Word Translation of the Gayatri Mantra

Translating the word 'Love' From English to Spanish cannot impart the experience of 'Love'. hence one must understand that substituting one word for another does not necessarily impart its meaning.

The Gayatri Mantra is the essence of the three Vedas. It is the Vedas simplified. The more one contemplates and meditates upon the Gayatri, the more complexities are revealed to one.

AUM Supreme Lord
BHUR Protector of the earth, the material sheath, The Life breath of the Universe. From the feet to the navel center.
BHUVAH One of the meanings is the sky. The Lord who pervades and eliminates all miseries. From the navel to the throat center.
SVAH One of the meanings is the heavens. Also the atmosphere. He is all Bliss and blesses His devotees with happiness. From above the throat center to the thousand petalled lotus.
TAT That (That Thou Art)
SAVITUR The SUN, Creator, Preserver and Self Luminous, the central mantra of the Solar Science.
VARENYAM Most fit to be worshipped. Most choice worthy.
BHARGO The burning splendor of the Sun that dispels ignorance, and therefore sorrows and miseries.
DEVASYA The 'Deva', The God, He who is All Bliss, The Joyful One, The Shining One, The Revealer of All Glory
DHEEMAHI We meditate upon Him
DHEEYO YO NA Who our intelligence and Wisdom
PRACHODAYAAT Inspires

MoJoRiSin 01-31-2009 02:03 PM

blondes on your hood? now there's a thought ; )

Jay-Z Jay-Z may be the richest man in hip-hop, or at the very top, but with all the money and fame, he says it's not all that he expected.

In a recent interview with Blender.com, the rapper -- whose estimated net worth is around $286 million -- says he expected a lot more from being as wealthy as he is.

"All I got is this big house, couple cars, I don't bring half them sh--s out... How many times can I go to Mr. Chow's?" He asked.

"In the context of the album, it was that 'Scarface' moment when Tony Montana sits in the restaurant and looks around and says, 'This is all it's about?'" Jay tells the magazine. "You get to that point where it's like, 'OK, I drove the Rolls Phantom around the corner and... nothing happened.' And you ask yourself, 'That's it? I thought blondes was gonna be jumping on my hood."
(actually, if truth be told, it is a pretty tough row to hoe) says mo

If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress.
~Barack Obama

MoJoRiSin 01-31-2009 07:51 PM

radiant mind.......

"candlestick maker" reminded me of this video :

http://www.amazon.com/Cup-Jamyang-Lodro/dp/B000WMEB1A

however, when trying to locate that^ link to share with y'all
i came across this :

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/wo...her/3332211466

signing out for today
Love forever,
Mo

MoJoRiSin 02-01-2009 06:57 PM

Jack to Giant: "for your information you are not the leader of us"

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoJoRiSin (Post 405734)
Word by Word Translation ,,,,

BHARGO The burning splendor of the Sun that dispels ignorance, and therefore sorrows and miseries.
DEVASYA The 'Deva', The God, He who is All Bliss, The Joyful One, The Shining One, The Revealer of All Glory

DHEEMAHI We meditate upon Him
DHEEYO YO NA Who our intelligence and Wisdom
PRACHODAYAAT Inspires

a bit of useless sillyness:
the letter J did not exist in Jesus' lifetime

MoJoRiSin 02-02-2009 02:28 AM

"well if that doesn't just beat all" :)

MoJoRiSin 02-02-2009 09:57 AM

image association to make Brynn chuckle:

the cat in the hat comes back ;)

Brynn 02-05-2009 08:06 AM

^ up verrrry early too!:cool:

MoJoRiSin 02-08-2009 02:45 AM

^yes :)
M-F

MoJoRiSin 02-08-2009 02:51 AM

one word ::
"stylus"
i wonder if the younger crowd even knows what it means...
"needle for record player (turntable)"

MoJoRiSin 02-08-2009 02:45 PM

eve

Buddha renounced his palaces, his kingdom, his riches, and became a beggar. When he came back to his capital town, his father was very angry – as all fathers are. It is difficult to find a father who is not angry with the son, because whatsoever you do, it makes no difference. You may become a
criminal, he will be angry; you may become a saint, he will be angry. Even if you become a Buddha...
the father was angry. Because you can never fulfill anybody’s expectations; that is impossible. How can you fulfill anybody else’s expectations? He could not fulfill them himself, and he expects you to
fulfill them. So whatsoever you do will be wrong.
The father was very angry. And Buddha had become Enlightened. He had come, a totally
transformed being, resurrected. He was surrounded by infinite light, and a silence. It is said that whenever Buddha would move, wherever he would move, even trees would feel his presence and
flowers would come out of season. Wherever he would move, for twelve miles surrounding his body, suddenly a deep silence would happen. But a father is an exception. The father was angry; he couldn’t feel the silence; he couldn’t feel the light – he could see only a vagabond, a beggar. And he said, ‘It is enough! Now you have fooled around enough. Come back!
And my doors are still open. Look at yourself: a son of an emperor – asking for your food in the same capital, begging. Look at your begging bowl, your torn clothes, almost rags! What are you doing to yourself? I feel ashamed of you! But I have a heart, the heart of a father, and my doors are not closed. You have hurt me deeply, but still I have the heart of a father. Come back! Don’t move like a beggar – be an emperor!’

MoJoRiSin 02-11-2009 04:33 PM

where was this going anywaY?

For stylish weekend comfort anytime, guys will want to live in our Fitted T. Made of ultra-fine, combed ring-spun cotton, that gets softer with each washing. Lightweight for summer comfort or winter layering. Grab attention with this vintage fit that loves to hug skin. (Size up for a looser fit). Printed with a custom designed Uncle Obama "Yes You Can" image, you will look super cool among your friends.

MoJoRiSin 02-13-2009 10:31 PM

mo realizes she has some problems like speaking out of turn
and interrupting
however, she is very interested in flowing everyone
who is an active member here
So, from now on she will only hang around and post between the hours of 1600 and 1700 pst
hopefully that will make it easier on those her find her obnoxious

SO, until later... ta ta :)
http://www.georgiamagazine.org/anony...a-rama-001.jpg

12"razormix 02-14-2009 08:51 AM

a. will miss mo if she does that.

Stephi_B 02-14-2009 09:55 AM

I think Mo not obnoxious but molicious in her out of turn interruptiveness which follows some unknown flow

:)

& like R'mix said.