ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Post something that made you laugh today. (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=4329)

zenbabe 03-27-2005 05:59 PM

it IS the Hoff!!

Hermione 03-31-2005 02:00 AM

The entire judiciary is in league with Evil.

"Sydney Carton":

It's a complete fallacy that in this age judges act according to the law. Everyone knows that Judes, from the Supreme Court on down, do what they want because they perceive themselves to be our Robed Masters. In fact, most judges take this direction from the Supreme Court, which casually disregards the will of the people and Congress as if democracy was nothing more than a strange affliction that must be rid of.

With that in mind, it's obvious that the Judges in this case are going to do everything in their power to murder Terri Schiavo. The principle at work is this: they will not question, in a de novo review or a preliminary review or anywhere else, the actions of Judge Greer. Why not? Because to upset his ruling, and the subsequent appeals and everything else, would expose his rulings as mistakes. And as Judges know, Judges do not commit mistakes. They are our Robed Masters, after all. They're elite.

The best indication that you're losing an issue is if you're arguing before a judge. If you're at that point, you've already lost. The entire judiciary is in league with Evil.

-The Volokh Conspiracy

RuneT 03-31-2005 01:23 PM

Frieda 03-31-2005 02:55 PM

hahah wtf :D titmice!

MelisBFly 03-31-2005 07:00 PM

I co-worker sent this to me...

http://media.hugi.is/hahradi/fyndnar...odydance-1.wmv

what she doesn't know is that I used to do that all the time myself!

Smartypants 03-31-2005 07:44 PM

^^^ LOL!! There's something perversely sexy about it, I think. :p

Smartypants 03-31-2005 07:52 PM

http://nytimes.com/2005/03/31/opinion/31thu4.html

March 31, 2005

APPRECIATIONS

Of Memories and Mole

By VERLYN KLINKENBORG

Not long ago, I was standing in the chill of a Napa Valley winery, wondering about the analogies of oenology. Several tasters were considering the wine in their glasses. What were their noses telling them? Did they detect the oak - obvious - or the blackberry, a little less obvious, or the traces of almond? I remembered some of the more far-fetched comparisons I have read - the wine that called to a reviewer's mind a suspicion of wet dog or a vintage that suggested saddle leather. Why stop there? Was it terrier or retriever? A hunter-jumper saddle or a cutting-horse rig?

I thought of those analogies the other night at a popular Oaxacan restaurant called Guelaguetza on the edge of Korea Town in Los Angeles. We had ordered several of the moles - thick, complex sauces - on the menu, including a dense red coloradito, a brick-colored rojo and one called, simply, black. A three-piece band in white suits played near the entrance. Near the back, where we sat, a large-screen TV broadcast a Spanish-language version of "American Idol." The roar of the crowd in the restaurant was nearly opaque.

Then I took a bite of the black mole, stolen on the end of a tortilla from my wife's plate. It was a sudden infusion of silence. I tried to understand what I was tasting, but I had no language for it. I had never tasted so many things at once, so perfectly blended, all of them floating on what felt like a charred residue, a mouthful of mourning.

I took another bite and suddenly could not help thinking of a time when I was little and the town oiled the gravel road in front of our house. Workers laid the new oil and set out kerosene warning lamps - dark metal globes with a guttering, smoky flame on top, which were somehow beautiful in the night. Nothing in life should ever taste like that scene, and nothing that tastes like that scene should be worth eating. But so that mole tasted to me at that moment in Guelaguetza: wonderful, tragic, impossible, and burdened by a profound grasp of reality.

priceyfatprude 04-03-2005 05:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think the woman planted the finger.

Malmal11787 04-03-2005 05:21 AM

the only thing that bothered me with the whole wendy's thing was that i eat there every once in awhile. ive never had the chili though, so ha ha ha!

priceyfatprude 04-03-2005 06:49 AM

I love Wendy's & won't stop eating there b/c of this. $2.08 for dinner? you can't beat that with a stick.

Smartypants 04-09-2005 02:00 AM

TV commercials they don't have in the U.S.

xfox 04-09-2005 03:27 AM

bare truth

trisherina 04-22-2005 03:57 PM

dinzdale :D

karma_queen 04-25-2005 07:17 PM

i was stressed out last week because i was trying to edit my film, and something went wrong with the sound, through no fault of my own, and i lost all the backing tracks. asked the woman in the office (who has a hairy chin by the way) what was going on, and she said that it was something to do with the main university office, and that there was nothing that she could do about it. however, she still felt it important to mess around with my computer for half an hour and try things that would obviously not work. i got pretty agitated, because it was completely obvious that she had no idea what she was doing.
anyhoo, today one of my friends told me that my lecturer, who is in charge of that side of the course, had heard about it all and he had asked my friend if i was cranky last friday. really made me laugh because ordinarily i am probably one of the most calm and collected people on the planet, and have never before been confronted due to my 'rage'!

Mary 04-26-2005 01:11 AM

Pee Wee's Playhouse. zomg. spadoink. laugh laugh laugh.
why am i not invited?

all!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!