ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

Marcus Bales 10-21-2005 02:00 PM

The new word is

Sacerdotal

dddrum 10-21-2005 02:25 PM

I Gotcher Once-upon-a-time Righ' Heah...

Sacerdotal (adj.) - a statement or attitude that mocks or derides the practice of storytelling.

"Hans Christian Andersen sucks dwarves!" is a prime example of sacerdotage.

trisherina 10-21-2005 02:59 PM

sacerdotal: The discomfort attendant to recognition that every aspect of ageing you ever mocked has happened (or is happening) to you.

In later years, Pete Townshend looked back on the words "Hope I die before I get old!" sacerdotally.

dinzdale 10-21-2005 03:01 PM

Sacerdotal adj.

Pertaining to an anecdote about one's testicles.

Lord Quimby reagaled us with other sacerdotes of his time in India, until the ladies thankfully returned.

glasshouse 10-21-2005 05:24 PM

sacerdotal adj. The kind of sexist or mysogynistsic remark that ignites furious anger in strong women as a result of its ability to instantly awaken ancestral memories of repression and violently forced inequality sequetered in the DNA.

"He's lucky he got out of here alive after making such a sacerdotal comment."

glasshouse 10-21-2005 05:31 PM

Re: trisherina's definition

No way. Every time I notice some feature of ageing in another that I secretly (vainly, ignorantly, and stupidly) hope will just not happen to me I immediately fear that I will be cursed with it just for thinking that.
(shudders uncomfortably)

Marcus Bales 10-22-2005 09:43 AM

She saw signs of ageing, and these,
She noticed, did not always please;
And just as she fears
The curse of the years
Will sacerdote over her knees.

Hyakujo's Fox 10-22-2005 11:44 AM

sacerdotal (adj) relating to an enthusiastic appreciation of sauce.

It wasn't the first time John's sacerdotal activities had resulted in his explusion from a restaurant, or for that matter, his admittance to a casualty department.

12"razormix 10-22-2005 03:26 PM

sacerdotal, n.

certain fanatic nuns were living in the belief that they are in fact married to god, thus acquiring a make-belief trousseau in preparation for this union - the sacerdotal.

most of those devoted nuns were buried along with their sacerdotals in order to be prepared to meet the one true love and spend the afterlife with him.

xfox 10-22-2005 10:56 PM

sacerdotal n. the state of sugarcoating sugarcoating.

As it turned out the Coke was not sacerdotal; she'd unwittingly consumed a quater cup of sugar. The waiter hadn't heard her say diet, Just Coke.

glasshouse 10-23-2005 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Bales
She saw signs of ageing, and these,
She noticed, did not always please;
And just as she fears
The curse of the years
Will sacerdote over her knees.

Oh you did not just do that. You are so cheeky and on the money.

Brynn 10-23-2005 10:05 PM

sacerdotal (adj.) - 1. describing the sacerdote, or dance of the love-struck male spider as the female spider lays her egg sac before consuming him. 2. describing the helplessly meddling ways of a mother-in-law into the lives of her children, particularly when her actions are fueled with a heavy, guilt-tripping martyr complex.
sacerdote, sacerdotage, sacerdotality

Marcus Bales 10-25-2005 03:29 PM

The Real Definition Award goes to Google for
Sacerdotal - associated with the priesthood or priests

The M&M Award goes to xfox for
Sacerdotal the state of sugarcoating sugarcoating.

As it turned out the Coke was not sacerdotal; she'd unwittingly consumed a quater cup of sugar. The waiter hadn't heard her say diet, Just Coke.

The MIL TMI Award goes to brynn for
Sacerdotal 1. describing the sacerdote, or dance of the love-struck male spider as the female spider lays her egg sac before consuming him. 2. describing the helplessly meddling ways of a mother-in-law into the lives of her children, particularly when her actions are fueled with a heavy, guilt-tripping martyr complex.
sacerdote, sacerdotage, sacerdotality

The Awful Pun Award goes to dddrum for
Sacerdotal - a statement or attitude that mocks or derides the practice of storytelling.

"Hans Christian Andersen sucks dwarves!" is a prime example of sacerdotage.

The Thanks for the Impetus Award goes to trisherina for
Sacerdotal The discomfort attendant to recognition that every aspect of ageing you ever mocked has happened (or is happening) to you.

In later years, Pete Townshend looked back on the words "Hope I die before I get old!" sacerdotally.

The Dinzdale Award goes to (surprise) dinzdale for
Sacerdotal Pertaining to an anecdote about one's testicles.

Lord Quimby reagaled us with other sacerdotes of his time in India, until the ladies thankfully returned.

The Yes! Sauce! Wow! Award goes to hyakujo's fox for
Sacerdotal relating to an enthusiastic appreciation of sauce.

It wasn't the first time John's sacerdotal activities had resulted in his explusion from a restaurant, or for that matter, his admittance to a casualty department.

The Coveted Second Place and The Oh You Flatterer, You! Award goes to glasshouse for
Sacerdotal The kind of sexist or mysogynistsic remark that ignites furious anger in strong women as a result of its ability to instantly awaken ancestral memories of repression and violently forced inequality sequetered in the DNA.

"He's lucky he got out of here alive after making such a sacerdotal comment."

The First Place Award goes to 12"razormix for
Sacerdotal certain fanatic nuns were living in the belief that they are in fact married to god, thus acquiring a make-belief trousseau in preparation for this union - the sacerdotal.

most of those devoted nuns were buried along with their sacerdotals in order to be prepared to meet the one true love and spend the afterlife with him.

Take it away, Razor!

12"razormix 10-26-2005 02:16 AM

:)

new word: inchoate

Marcus Bales 10-26-2005 12:29 PM

inchoate - matriculated to an Eastern Seaboard prep school; see also "grotty"