ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Post something that made you laugh today. (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=4329)

trisherina 06-07-2005 03:20 PM

From the Firefly episode Safe:

MAL: So, she's added cussing and hurling about of things to her repertoire. She really is a prodigy.

RIVER: The human body can be drained of blood in 8.6 seconds given adequate vacuuming systems.
MAL: See, morbid and creepifying, I got no problem with, long as she does it quiet-like.

JAYNE (faux-reading Simon's journal): "Dear Diary, Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. Today we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."

NimbleMarmoset 06-07-2005 10:37 PM

sammygirl 06-10-2005 07:17 PM

I'm still laughing

hungry anyone?

venusupnorth 06-10-2005 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammygirl

Americans are getting fat because of this junk food shit. Not even 1/3 of their nutritional needs are in fast food meals but over 2/3 of their calorie needs are???!!! If you're not getting the nutrients your body needs it keeps asking for more food even though it's got more than enough fat to burn for the next few weeks.
This pisses me off because the fastfood chains are popping up here in Iceland and it's starting to make some kids fat. When I was a kid we had like one fast food place in the whole country, now we have them around every street corner.
ARRRGGGGHHH!

JesusTitties 06-10-2005 07:56 PM

JesusTitties 06-10-2005 07:59 PM

lapietra 06-10-2005 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trisherina
From the Firefly episode Safe:

MAL: So, she's added cussing and hurling about of things to her repertoire. She really is a prodigy.

RIVER: The human body can be drained of blood in 8.6 seconds given adequate vacuuming systems.
MAL: See, morbid and creepifying, I got no problem with, long as she does it quiet-like.

JAYNE (faux-reading Simon's journal): "Dear Diary, Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. Today we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."

How is it that I didn't like Firefly? I knew it was Joss Whedon, and yet I never gave it a chance... :o

trisherina 06-10-2005 10:33 PM

I'm sorry. I can't explain why anyone wouldn't like Firefly.

craig johnston 06-11-2005 10:35 AM

^^^^
could you explain how someone wouldn't know what it is?
or who jos whedon is?
:confused:

ps why do i seem to be using that smiley a lot these days?

pss why do i seem to be adding ps to all my posts?

psss sorry, a lot of questions

trisherina 06-11-2005 02:44 PM

Joss Whedon is the creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, a network TV series that enjoyed a cult following less because of its premise (the adventures of a high school girl with some very unusual hobbies) than because of good production values and some decent characters/snappy dialogue.

Whedon also put his stamp on Firefly, a series that was released under dismal circumstances (in convoluted order, against events like the World Series, frequently pre-empted, and never shown in its entirety) that nonetheless developed a HUGE cult following among those longing for some science fiction more innovative than wearing a banana clip across your eyes and pretending to be able to see in the infrared. When the series released on DVD, it immediately became amazon.com's biggest seller, and this after-the-fact popularity allowed Whedon to make a feature-length movie with all the original characters and premises intact, due for release this fall: Serenity. A lot of the characters are very Heinleinesque, with beautiful women well able to take care of themselves and still tear it off three times a night with their partners.

More information can be found here.

craig johnston 06-11-2005 03:00 PM

thanks trish.

buffy is known here of course.

:)

venusupnorth 06-11-2005 10:52 PM

JesusTitties 06-11-2005 10:55 PM

poker

Avalon 06-12-2005 09:46 PM

xfox 06-13-2005 04:27 AM

Brynn's post (#31) in the "what number are you" thread.