ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   This Is The Thread Where We Have An Announcement To Make... (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12624)

lukkucairi 11-16-2007 11:51 AM

I'd like to announce that I have a gallery show opening this evening at 6pm MST.

you are all invited :)

T.I.P. 11-16-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peregrine (Post 368698)
I played that game once. I got killed by an elf.

that elf was me ! I sent you a magic missile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukkucairi (Post 368714)
I'd like to announce that I have a gallery show opening this evening at 6pm MST.

Congarts ! take pics and post...

I would like to announce that I just sent my thesis to the reporting Professors.

woohoo

it's miller time :D

Frieda 11-16-2007 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angry Kid Hoyt (Post 368709)
Amen & pass the beernuts!

The only reason I found out I had high BP was because I had to get a physical before I could get any good drugs for...

wait for it...

Severe Adult ADD *bum bum bum*

Frieda, you are not alone.
And it makes a huge diffeence once you realize that you are not the f*ck up you always thought you were.

:mad:

thank you, it is a relief indeed :) i've always felt incapable of dealing with the most simple things in life. i'm sure my problems aren't going to go away anytime soon, but at least i now know why. and it helps :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukkucairi

congrats! woo hoo! :D

and congrats to tippy-- you can be proud! :)

Peregrine 11-16-2007 12:48 PM

Quote:

I regret that I cannot attend, as I have no way of getting to Utah in time for the event. Congratulations, though.

Angry Kid Hoyt 11-16-2007 01:22 PM

Quote:

Will there be free food?
(Grats!)

:mad:

lukkucairi 11-16-2007 01:32 PM

yes, of course there will be free food :D

unfortunately I think the state of Utah won't let us give away wine though :(

T.I.P. 11-16-2007 02:00 PM

how do you expect to attarct any people if there is no cheap wine and aperitifs ?

freeloading is the only real reason people go to vernissages around my neck of the woods

lukkucairi 11-16-2007 02:07 PM

TIP, if you come out I'll make sure you get your free wine

...errr...whine :p

auntie aubrey 11-16-2007 02:19 PM

i'd like to announce that i have a hole in my sock and my feet are fuh-REEEzing!

Stephi_B 11-16-2007 02:21 PM

Congrats to lukku & TIP :)

craig johnston 11-16-2007 04:34 PM

i didn't know what ADD was, so i went to wikipedia (natch) and they say the symptoms are:

Often does not give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes in schoolwork, work, or other activities.
Often has trouble keeping attention on tasks or play activities.
Often does not seem to listen when spoken to directly.
Often does not follow instructions and fails to finish schoolwork, chores, or duties in the workplace (not due to oppositional behavior or failure to understand instructions).
Often has trouble organizing activities.
Often avoids, dislikes, or doesn't want to do things that take a lot of mental effort for a long period of time (such as schoolwork or homework).
Often loses things needed for tasks and activities (e.g. toys, school assignments, pencils, books, or tools).
Is often easily distracted.
Is often forgetful in daily activities.

it sounds like being a human. who doesn't avoid homework? who
doesn't lose things? i think i may have had this all my life.

:)

not to make light of your problem frieda

Frieda 11-16-2007 06:05 PM

^ oh sure! but i guess as long as it doesn't bother you, you don't have to worry, right? :)

for me, daily life is a struggle. i would probably lose my head if it wasn't attached to my body :eek:

trisherina 11-17-2007 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craig johnston (Post 368765)
i didn't know what ADD was, so i went to wikipedia (natch) and they say the symptoms are:

Often does not give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes in schoolwork, work, or other activities.
Often has trouble keeping attention on tasks or play activities.
Often does not seem to listen when spoken to directly.
Often does not follow instructions and fails to finish schoolwork, chores, or duties in the workplace (not due to oppositional behavior or failure to understand instructions).
Often has trouble organizing activities.
Often avoids, dislikes, or doesn't want to do things that take a lot of mental effort for a long period of time (such as schoolwork or homework).
Often loses things needed for tasks and activities (e.g. toys, school assignments, pencils, books, or tools).
Is often easily distracted.
Is often forgetful in daily activities.

And sadly this is about the extent of the diagnostic assessment in many instances i.e. a single office visit, when in truth multiple valid and reliable methods in multiple situations should be used, including but not limited to intelligence testing, memory testing, learning and academic testing, decent clinical observation and mental status examination, ruling out differentials like giftedness etc. etc. etc.

Jack Flanders 11-17-2007 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trisherina (Post 368808)
And sadly this is about the extent of the diagnostic assessment in many instances i.e. a single office visit, when in truth multiple valid and reliable methods in multiple situations should be used, including but not limited to intelligence testing, memory testing, learning and academic testing, decent clinical observation and mental status examination, ruling out differentials like giftedness etc. etc. etc.

... and sadly they then script the meds to the kids before serious testing - I'VE SEEN IT.

brightpearl 11-17-2007 06:15 PM

I'd like to announce that I've accepted that I've failed at something that was really important to me.