ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   question of the day ? (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12191)

lukkucairi 02-03-2008 07:15 PM

The one in the basement is now a beater. I dragged it here from Chicago (where I bought it new), and it's so old and comfy and stained and gross...the dog sleeps on it, and I fall asleep in front of the TV on it. It should, however, be in someone's dorm room. 8 out of 10 for effort.

The one in the living room is a wicker 2-seater from pier 1 - far more comfy than it looks - and within headphone lead reach of my music library. 8.5 out of 10 for subtlety

There's one in our storage unit - it's covered in playa dust and has a sinister burn mark on one of the arms. We'll pull it out and deploy it again this year in our BRC living space. In its present location I give it a 3 out of 10. in its natural habitat, it's a definite 9.5.

Frieda 02-03-2008 08:26 PM

here it is, my couch/settee/sofa!

i've changed my mind-- it's a 10 out of 10 :):)

auntie aubrey 02-03-2008 09:15 PM

^ i recognize at least one of those pillows.

my sofa is tired of trying and is just phoning it in. actually the frame is marvelous but we had to replace the foam cores of the cushions last year. and the upholstery has lost its chenilley goodness and has become something of a blah entity.

we're just biding our time until our next move. then it's sectional time. oh yes, i covet a sectional. YOU try sharing a sofa with a 6'3" man who likes to stretch out.

l'azizza 02-03-2008 11:02 PM

A few years back when I had an apartment and a student loan I ordered new furniture. I'm fond of napping on the couch and wanted an extra bed for visitors, so I bought a large sofa with a pull out bed.

When it was delivered, a wall was in the way- the couch wouldn't fit through. The delivery men offered to go up the back stairs, but still the fit would be diagonal and I didn't think think it would work. In addition, those sleeper- sofas are HEAVY. I picture one of the men losing their grip and falling of the stairway onto the driveway below, that heavy ass couch landing on top of them. I lost the delivery fee and got a love seat.

Of course any sofa would fit through the straight entryway of my house now. Getting a new one isn't a priority. I can sit on it just fine. I'm a bit of a minimalist and when I move, I'll likely abandon it.

zero 02-04-2008 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazizazza
I'll likely abandon it.

lazizazza, i'm not sure if this settee is instigating fights with others or the others are ganging up on him?

look at setteefinder.com for area rescue group as well as national ones. setteefinder has an area where owners looking for new homes for their settees can post them. maybe craigslist?

for a settee rescue group not to take in owner surrenders is ridiculous, even though you are not seriously looking for a good home for it and are the sort of person that wants to "get rid of their settee by the weekend". when you call up the settee rescue group, mention that it's a gorgeous love seat with cushions. you'd like to donate its loose covers, throws, etc. can you or ar relative swing a monetary donation? minimally, if they say they can't take it and post on setteefinder or their own website, would you post a courtesy photo and description of it? take a cutesy up close photo, write a great description.

good luck!

PS - anyone able to offer a good home to this, my "basement guy" settee? he's become too much for me lately - a real handful but nothing that can't be cured with some good oldfashioned tlc and a firm hand.
pm me if you're interested thanks bye

Stephi_B 02-04-2008 08:08 AM

My two easy chairs get a 8.7 (the green one) and a 9.2 (unfortunately this one is covered with things atm) respectively.

My mattress (such a double-bed sized one) I use as couch, guest bed and whatnotall gets a 9.7.

Stephi_B 02-04-2008 10:41 AM

New q for Monday:

Do you have a 'dark side', that is some inner abyss, something scary (for yourself or/and for others if they'd behold it) ? Or are you what a friend of mine calls a 'bright person' (lacking 'darkness') ? Or do you think one cannot divide a personality in such categories as 'dark' and 'bright' or that there's always some kind of balance/mix ?

(Well, no question about Brightpearl here :) ;))

lukkucairi 02-04-2008 11:27 AM

no comment

Stephi_B 02-04-2008 11:54 AM

^Cool, not such a boring single-split personality like everybody, but a real double-split one!! ;)

Actually, I've never thought about any 'dark side' until that discussion with my friend.
But yes, I got one. And imo everybody has one, some more, some less, some (can) live it more on the outward, some (have to) keep it more on the inside. Mine's more kept inside. No details about the contents though. (Btw that's not the intention of the q.)

zero 02-04-2008 01:49 PM

never ever ask me that question again

Earthling 02-04-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephi_B (Post 375581)
New q for Monday:

Do you have a 'dark side', that is some inner abyss, something scary (for yourself or/and for others if they'd behold it) ? Or are you what a friend of mine calls a 'bright person' (lacking 'darkness') ? Or do you think one cannot divide a personality in such categories as 'dark' and 'bright' or that there's always some kind of balance/mix ?

I use to have a dark side, but eventually we got divorced and she's now married to someone else.
But for the moment, I find myself more intrigued by YOUR dark side. Does it include handcuffs and a whip?:cool:

Stephi_B 02-04-2008 02:54 PM

(Handcuffs are interesting, gotta try, but that's not necessarily what I'd consider 'dark', particularly not if they're pink and fluffy ;))

β cyg 02-04-2008 03:30 PM

michaelG 02-04-2008 03:42 PM

YEah I got a dark side--my skin side.

GOTTA PROBLEM WITH THAT Whitey ?

brightpearl 02-04-2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephi_B (Post 375581)

That's not true...I absolutely have a dark side, like all else does.