ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   ¿ question of the day ? (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12191)

brightpearl 11-04-2007 07:08 AM

I thought hard about this, too. I keep thinking that I must have, at some point, but I can't come up with an example. I did do something similar to what Auntie did, to a boss who was deleting some hours that coworker's had put in so her numbers looked better, but it wasn't out of revenge...My friends needed to be paid for their hours, and I was in a position to print out the documentation that would get them back, and I knew she would fire me if I went to her directly as she'd done it to someone else. The whole thing was sad...

So I don't know if what Auntie described is really revenge, either. I guess it depends more on the intent than the action. Even the abused woman above...I wonder if she needed to do those things to survive?

This goes along with my (very tentative) theory that there's no such thing as an asshole...there are just people who are in so much pain that they do assholeish things.

hmm.

*hopes for nice light question of the day today* :D

madasacutsnake 11-04-2007 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightpearl (Post 367390)
*hopes for nice light question of the day today* :D

Will brightpearl get access to the darkroom before I do?

brightpearl 11-04-2007 07:22 AM

brightpearl believes the darkroom to be unegalitarian and can't now forsee going in there.

So I guess no. :D

Stephi_B 11-04-2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frieda (Post 367338)
new question for sunday the fourth

have you ever plotted your revenge and acted it out as planned?

No, never have plotted a revenge so far.
But if I'd do, I would act it out, maybe not as planned, but in such a way I'd get what I want somehow. Cos if I want something...

auntie aubrey 11-04-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightpearl (Post 367390)
So I don't know if what Auntie described is really revenge, either. I guess it depends more on the intent than the action. Even the abused woman above...I wonder if she needed to do those things to survive?

yeah i'm waffling. after reading what mr z posted about revenge i'm now reconsidering my definition. i'm thinking now, in hindsight, that that situation doesn't qualify for "plotting revenge."

in which case i'm not sure i can think of a yes. i'm sure there's something. i have the capacity for being a very shitty human being. surely there's something. but i can't think of anything.

Frieda 11-04-2007 04:21 PM

interesting.. i was watching kill bill again last night, and was wondering if anyone had a story to share.. it's such a powerful emotion.

personally, i've driven 50km once in the middle of the night to throw a rock through my ex's window.. and then chickened out. :rolleyes:

lukkucairi 11-04-2007 04:27 PM

living well is the best revenge

most people who make me angry aren't evil - they're just being jackasses - if I have the opportunity to remove myself from their influence and let them continue self-sabotaging, that's usually what I do.

if I don't have that option or they're targeting others, I will do what I can to shut them down - but the solution seldom involves meeting force with force.

Anna 11-04-2007 06:27 PM

I worked for a guy who was working for a fairly well known drug cartel, long story, he was really a smooth talking son of a bitch. Needless to say I turned in states evidence and he was arrested in the US coming to pick up a fleet of bullet proof Hummers, he really was pretty stupid. Everything was set to go to trial, then he escaped so I didn’t have to testify. Not sure if that counts, but I heard he’s dead now and his picture is on youtube.

Anna 11-04-2007 06:29 PM

HEY, what happen to the delete option!?

lukkucairi 11-04-2007 11:10 PM

thinking about this a little more - a couple of people who I really hated, and who I often had revenge-type fantasies about when I was in high school, just up and died when I was in my late teens/early 20s.

it was weird and not a good feeling.

trisherina 11-05-2007 12:41 AM

I stand by my post; I don't care if you want to call it revenge or quid pro quo or tyranny of the weak or the rabbit kicked the bucket; even though it felt soft at the time, I always used to wake up sore.

A new question is past due (at least by Mountain Standard Time).

When you need to relax, what do you typically do?

lukkucairi 11-05-2007 01:16 AM

AUM TARE TUTARE TURE SWOHA

auntie aubrey 11-05-2007 02:41 AM

^^ definitely stand by the post. as i said, i have the capacity for shittiness that i know surely encompasses revenge. it doesn't absolve me of that shittiness just because i can't call anything to mind at the moment.

onto the question of today:

Quote:

When you need to relax, what do you typically do?
hot baths with various and sundry ballistics, bubbles, salts and oils. usually by candlelight. and i made an investment in stress reduction by placing an ipod speaker dock (with water-tight remote, of course) in the master bathroom so i'd always have the opportunity for tunes in the tub. with an ambient playlist prepped, ordered, and ready to go.

when that fails i try belly breathing. my favorite belly breathing mantra is "sanu mi olodumare." which, as i understand it, is a prayer for protection from olodumare, the creator of the earth and all life on it in yoruban folklore. i find both the prayer and the folklore comforting.

Frieda 11-05-2007 04:39 AM

when i need to relax, i listen to some music and sing along. sometimes something that calms me down, and sometimes something to lift me up. or if the weather is nice i get into my car and drive along the river and enjoy the scenery.

or i just relax on my bed or the sofa and meditate a bit :)

but reading auntie's story, i think i really need a bathtub :D

Stephi_B 11-05-2007 07:44 AM

When it's warm, I sit out on the balcony, depending on time of the day with coffee/tea or beer/ice-tea and watch 'my' crossroads. Can spend hours doing that - relaxes me a lot. :)

When it's cold or wet outside I cuddle myself up in my green armchair (yes, the same I need for my morning ritual) or sprawl out on the big mattress with something warm to drink, a blanket, a book.

Listening to music is usually involved, hopping around with it when I need to get rid of stress.

On Sunday afternoons - to get a good relaxation dose before the week starts again - I like to go for an extended walk round in my neighbourhood, watching people, looking what's new or what I haven't noticed before, buying a newspaper etc. and then going in some (internet)cafe.

Reading about Auntie's fine relaxation habits: :)
Taking an extensive shower is something nice too - I miss the bathtub I had in my old flat in Regensburg a bit though... oh, but I had no balcony there, and a balcony is definitely more important!