ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   question of the day ? (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12191)

β cyg 11-29-2007 01:48 PM

i don't wear a watch nowadays now that a cellphone can do all time-telling better

besides, time is never time at all

Coffee 11-29-2007 02:29 PM

I always wear a watch (and I always carry a lighter ftr), a cheep rugged practical watch with at least these functions: Time, Date, Chrono, and an Alarm. Currently I have a
Timex Expedition (it has a magnetic compass too) on a canvas webbing and leather buckle style strap...cost 30 bucks on sale.

12"razormix 11-29-2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trisherina (Post 369816)
Do you wear a watch daily?

If YES, tell the story of the watch you wear.

yes. it's shiny. i saw it, liked it, ordered it and put if on my left wrist.

zero 11-29-2007 03:29 PM

in the dead of night there's a button that makes the whole face of it glow green (but not so bright as to hurt ma peepers in their state of unaccustomed half-shut ness). i had one exactly the same but it packed up and i got this one exactly the same. it wasn't expensive or anything.

Angry Kid Hoyt 11-29-2007 03:58 PM

I don't wear a watch, there is no clock in my car & the only clocks in my house are on the stove and by my bed.
Interestingly, I am never late & rarely feel rushed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntie aubrey (Post 369769)
and like opening a plug hole, all the fun drains away.

Who you calling a plug hole?

T.I.P. 11-29-2007 04:01 PM

i thought Frieda's watch was so cool that i bought another one off the tokyoflash site, back in June:

It's the "B version Gunmetal".

the little leds light up in different patterns and then settle on the hour every time you activate the button to check the time.

I'm wearing it right now, with GREEN leds that look way cooler than the orange or red ones. Yesterday someone asked me if what i was wearing was a watch and I answered "No, it is a teleportation device". I try to come up with a different response every time.

Frieda 11-29-2007 04:11 PM

^ you also got it with green stitching??

i love those-- i would've gotten this orange new B-version if it had orange stitching.

edited to add: i have this one:

Frieda 11-29-2007 04:16 PM

i have this one in clear or blue on my wishlist.. it's about 100 euros over my current budget :rolleyes: but it sure is cool

T.I.P. 11-29-2007 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frieda (Post 369852)
^ you also got it with green stitching??

i love those-- i would've gotten this orange new B-version if it had orange stitching.

aye, green stitching :)

brightpearl 11-29-2007 04:24 PM

I used to wear a Soviet cosmonaut's watch (they sold them off for dollars after the Cold War ended), but the band broke and I just never got another one, even when I didn't have a cell phone. I kept it in my pocket for a while when my son was a baby...after a couple of months of being up at all hours of the day and night with no predictability, I realized I had to know what time it was in order to stay lucid. :)

I wonder from time to time why I don't wear one any more; I used to really like watches, and Frieda's and TIP's are so cool. Dunno.

When I was in first grade I had a Peter Pan watch. It had Tinkerbell on the end of the second hand. If I could find one of those, I might wear one again.

Odbe 11-29-2007 04:41 PM

I have a fairly ordinary gold watch that I've had for longer than I can remember. I haven't lost it yet, it survives me doing the dishes while wearing it, it survives the occasional cycle of the washing machine in my pocket and it does its job, so it passes the test for me. I prefer reading analog time, but I think I'll get a digital eventually so I can have a watch with some more features like the temperature and an alarm.

trisherina 11-30-2007 01:59 AM

I used to be quite the watch junkie, but I've whittled it down to a half-dozen. They all have stories, but the least tawdry/revealing one I suppose is the Wittnauer I won along with $750 cash and a microwave oven about ten years ago as second place in a Hold 'Em tournament. First place beat me fair and square in the short game.

Frieda 11-30-2007 04:27 AM

^ pictures! pictures! :)

Hyakujo's Fox 11-30-2007 09:56 AM

guy meets watch story: saw it, liked it, bought it

trisherina 11-30-2007 11:36 AM

Sorry, I couldn't find any photos. Here's one of the microwave though!

And a new question of the day:

Are you having a good hair day?