ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   question of the day ? (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12191)

Coffee 12-08-2007 03:18 PM

Because their names are words we are pretty sure they know...so we give em several to increase their vocabulary? :rolleyes:

Mao = Mao-sir, Maoie, Meowie, Maomao, Sweety, Mr. Man, Good Boy, Smarty, Clever man, and on and on...(Best cat I ever had, a truly amazing cat)

Mira = Dumbass, Psycho kitty, Pretty is as Pretty Does, Snuggles, Glutton, Fatty, Fat-ass, WTF!!!, Lovey Dovey (she really is a psycho cat with dozens of personalities...most of them irritating...some of them deliteful)

lukkucairi 12-08-2007 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.I.P. (Post 370769)
i know a cat that eats in a little bowl that says "DOG" on it. I find it very funny. I call him "DOG" in a strange voice whenever i see him.

My friend Skeet has a cockatoo named Dog.

I always wondered about this until I was walking past his house one day and heard a barrage of barking. There were no dogs in the house. Skeet doesn't own any canines, but he owns a bird that barks.

brightpearl 12-08-2007 04:02 PM

I used to have an iguana named Fluffy.

lukkucairi 12-08-2007 04:03 PM

^^ he just had really fine, really short hair.

brightpearl 12-08-2007 04:14 PM

^Yes, it was practically undetectable.

seebe 12-08-2007 05:11 PM

My favorite cat of all times only changed names twice from Casey to Casey Mae to China Mae.

I think I only had one name for my rat Ratchie.

Stephi_B 12-09-2007 06:40 AM

New q for today:
What was the first record on vinyl, cassette and CD you bought yourself ?
If there's an interesting story going with why you bought something - post it! :)

Stephi_B 12-09-2007 06:45 AM

vinyl: own none
cassette: Public Enemy - Fear Of A Black Planet
CD: Guns n' Roses - Use Your Illusion I & II

Not tremendously interesting: Came upon the above artists via MTV (back then still the one from London) which we started to receive in 90/91 and which I devoutly watched (often already while getting ready for school) despite not yet understanding too much English as I just had started to learn it in school - well for the Public Enemy texts this was probably not so bad cos they might have spoiled me as pre-teenie ;)

Hyakujo's Fox 12-09-2007 07:07 AM

LP: 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
cassette: never bought one
CD: The Dream of the Blue Turtles

madasacutsnake 12-09-2007 07:33 AM

I can't believe I'm admitting to this.

First vinyl may have been Dancing in the Streets, the Jagger/Bowie version. I think. May have been Feargal Sharkey, Depeche Mode, Crowded House.

First casette was Blaze of Glory.

First CD was Dreams by the Cranberries. I think. I don't have many CDs because new technology scares me.

Frieda 12-09-2007 07:50 AM

hmmm
vinyl: none
cassette: a sesame street bert & ernie tape (well, my mother bought it but i picked it out in the store and she gave me my pocket money and i paid for it)
CD: ?? no idea, i can't remember which one was the first.. :confused:

Hyakujo's Fox 12-09-2007 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madasacutsnake (Post 370881)
May have been Feargal Sharkey

Probably Phil Collins.

brightpearl 12-09-2007 07:57 AM

vinyl: (that I bought myself, had lots of Disney stuff/Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer and such earlier) I think it was Zenyatta Mondatta by the Police.

Not sure of the rest -- cassette was probably Black Flagg or something, and CD was likely more Police or Siouxsie and the Banshees. :D

Stephi_B 12-09-2007 07:58 AM

^^^Oh well, what concerns the first cassette I got as (wished for) gift then...

Lower Bavarian country pop, "I bin a bayrisches Cowgirl" (= I'm a Bavarian cowgirl, as quite obvious) - how I loved that song :o

Hyakujo's Fox 12-09-2007 07:59 AM

Actually on the cassette front I had, but didn't pay for, the best-covered-ever Ripper 76